Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-09-2018, 14:26   #1336
ellobee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmologen View Post
Puffin browser allows you to use the remote as a mouse if anyone is interested.
Anyone know how to get more than 1 row of apps does it double up after a certain amount have been added or is there a setting
Advertisement
11-09-2018, 14:45   #1337
rustledjimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellobee View Post
Anyone know how to get more than 1 row of apps does it double up after a certain amount have been added or is there a setting

I think a single row of apps is one of the Shield Experience 7 "enhancements". It's not getting a lot of love.
11-09-2018, 14:56   #1338
jayo26

I used sideload channel I think it works fine.
11-09-2018, 15:33   #1339
cronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo26 View Post

I used sideload channel I think it works fine.
How is showbox working on Android TV these days with the remote (not game controler)? Was poor in comparison to Terrarium TV the last time I checked. But it may be something I look at again now.
Thanks from:
11-09-2018, 18:17   #1340
jayo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronos View Post
How is showbox working on Android TV these days with the remote (not game controler)? Was poor in comparison to Terrarium TV the last time I checked. But it may be something I look at again now.
Its crap with remote mate I only tried it last night after terrarium closing down on me. I have a air mouse too that I kinda switch to when need a mouse it works fine apart from there is no return button configuration. Its a pitty because of prefer use air mouse if I could.
Advertisement
11-09-2018, 18:28   #1341
BandMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronos View Post
How is ****** working on Android TV these days with the remote (not game controler)? Was poor in comparison to Terrarium TV the last time I checked. But it may be something I look at again now.
Good man yourself - way to get a thread closed!
11-09-2018, 22:25   #1342
UsedToWait

Is the controller still making a few quid on Adverts etc?

I'm still wavering at buying a Shield, even at this cheap price - have most apps I use on the TV, and I never play games.

If I was guaranteed a few quid back from selling the controller, I might be pushed over the line
11-09-2018, 23:54   #1343
corwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpson View Post
There is also a new Shield TV app on iOS and android that works as a touch pad/ keyboard/remote. Although strangely the keyboard has no colon on it so it’s a bit useless for typing URLs. Needs experience 7.1 to work.
Just given this a quick test drive, works really well, I've deleted cetusplay in favour of it. When I hit the keyboard icon, it brings up Gboard on my phone, colon and all. What happens when you select the keyboard?
Thanks from:
12-09-2018, 00:29   #1344
stimpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwill View Post
Just given this a quick test drive, works really well, I've deleted cetusplay in favour of it. When I hit the keyboard icon, it brings up Gboard on my phone, colon and all. What happens when you select the keyboard?
iOS version has a keyboard with no colon. Not mad about any of the third party keyboards.
Advertisement
13-09-2018, 15:55   #1345
Suckit

Down to £154 on amazon. I put it in the other thread too, forgot this was the correct one for BA - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NBJ6KZY/
13-09-2018, 16:47   #1346
OmegaGene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suckit View Post
Down to £154 on amazon. I put it in the other thread too, forgot this was the correct one for BA - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NBJ6KZY/
Already covered by Post #1261 by basil a while back
Same price from nvidia too and a tenner less without the game controller
13-09-2018, 20:55   #1347
eamondunphy

sorry if going off track, i'm looking for a 4k media player, primarily for streaming netflix and amazon prime, i've already got the chromecast original.

I'm looking for a player that does hdr, dolby vision, dolby atmos, etc, i was looking at the shield and the apple tv 4k because apple sell films in 4k for alot cheaper than 4k blu ray and google play doesnt even sell 4k, i dont think the chromecast ultra does atmos.

I;
'm not interested in gaming, would the shield be a better choice over the apple tv?
14-09-2018, 10:14   #1348
ellobee

Does anyone know where recordings are stored on the shield I was messing about with the record function recently but couldn't find the recorded program afterwards
14-09-2018, 14:39   #1349
clintondaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellobee View Post
Does anyone know where recordings are stored on the shield I was messing about with the record function recently but couldn't find the recorded program afterwards
Seems like you're not the only with the issue

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...-cant-use-it-/

Keep an eye on the thread link above
14-09-2018, 17:14   #1350
ellobee

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintondaly View Post
Seems like you're not the only with the issue

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...-cant-use-it-/

Keep an eye on the thread link above
Ok I found them in gallery which I suppose is the obvious place for them. Now does anyone know how I can create a shortcut to gallery on the home screen

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion