Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-08-2018, 13:14   #481
Graham

Mod Note

Recommendations by PM please folks.
Advertisement
31-08-2018, 13:19   #482
Mantis Toboggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Guy View Post
Hi would you recommend <SNIP>? Trying to get a recommendation myself
Yes, very good, used them and got a very detailed report back the same day.
(2) thanks from:
01-09-2018, 22:56   #483
Bryanee

HI ,

New to boards :

Moving into one of the phase two houses.

Have been told house should be ready October but I'm guessing snag etc will be November at the earliest before we can move in.

A few questions if anyone is happy to assist:

Any one recommend good snagger? I saw a few people were messaged a few names.
Also any good blinds & curtain company installers?
Was going to ask for dimensions from Savilles for the house (4B) but I'm guessing you should always get the windows remeasured once in.

Lastly if anyone has measurements for new 4 bed layout , need to see measurement for looking at couches

Much appreciated, looking forward to meeting the new neighbours.

Last phase I see going up this month
05-09-2018, 22:01   #484
Top_Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanee View Post
HI ,

New to boards :

Moving into one of the phase two houses.

Have been told house should be ready October but I'm guessing snag etc will be November at the earliest before we can move in.

A few questions if anyone is happy to assist:

Any one recommend good snagger? I saw a few people were messaged a few names.
Also any good blinds & curtain company installers?
Was going to ask for dimensions from Savilles for the house (4B) but I'm guessing you should always get the windows remeasured once in.

Lastly if anyone has measurements for new 4 bed layout , need to see measurement for looking at couches

Much appreciated, looking forward to meeting the new neighbours.

Last phase I see going up this month
hi bryanee, all the dimensions for the rooms and windows of the tybe b 4 bedroom houses are on the KCC planning website at :

http://idocsweb.kildarecoco.ie/iDocs...44&format=jpeg
Thanks from:
14-09-2018, 16:04   #485
SomeMan_87

I read this week in the Leinster Leader that 6 houses were broken into this week in Carton Wood, they said the were unoccupied. Does anyone know if these were houses yet to be sold or unoccupied meaning that the owners were just not in at the time?

I would be interested to know if any real damage was done and if it will cause any delays with people are still waiting on keys!
Advertisement
15-09-2018, 00:32   #486
edbarr

That's very disappointing news about the spate of burglaries. I was hoping to buy in phase 3, but with the type A houses to be rumoured to be around 400k then I think it's time for me to look elsewhere in Maynooth . There's definitely more value to be had in Maynooth, just have to roll the dice with the student accommodation.
15-09-2018, 10:47   #487
housebuyer18

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbarr View Post
That's very disappointing news about the spate of burglaries. I was hoping to buy in phase 3, but with the type A houses to be rumoured to be around 400k then I think it's time for me to look elsewhere in Maynooth . There's definitely more value to be had in Maynooth, just have to roll the dice with the student accommodation.
These types of burglaries happen in every new estate unfortunately- just opportunistic with unoccupied houses. Live in the estate and we are delighted with it so far!
Would be very surprised if house prices increase that much but I suppose you never know in today's market!
15-09-2018, 19:25   #488
L1011

Maynooth has an extremely high burglary rate, another thing not pointed out in developers brochures. You need a monitored alarm without default bypass codes at the very least.
Thanks from:
15-09-2018, 19:39   #489
jozi

We're interested in making a move to Maynooth and really like the estate, would anyone know which part of the attached site plan is the next phase? Am I right in thinking it's the block facing "proposed park"?

Also, is there a halting site the other side of the road, has this ever been a concern?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg site-plan-large.jpg (293.6 KB, 924 views)
Advertisement
15-09-2018, 19:51   #490
housebuyer18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozi View Post
We're interested in making a move to Maynooth and really like the estate, would anyone know which part of the attached site plan is the next phase? Am I right in thinking it's the block facing "proposed park"?

Also, is there a halting site the other side of the road, has this ever been a concern?

Yes think it's the houses in that block that are left. Ring Savills and they'll let you know. Halting site is a non issue as far as I can see.
15-09-2018, 20:09   #491
jozi

Quote:
Originally Posted by housebuyer18 View Post
Yes think it's the houses in that block that are left. Ring Savills and they'll let you know. Halting site is a non issue as far as I can see.
Thank you. I'll be onto them first thing Monday.

Anyone living there commute to Dublin city centre, roughly how long does it take?
19-09-2018, 21:33   #492
Top_Guy

Can anyone confirm if you can fit a superking mattress up the stairs of a type b? had lads from the bed company over earlier to measure it up and they came back and said it wouldnt fit. Any feedback on this appreciated
21-09-2018, 17:01   #493
DDpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Guy View Post
Can anyone confirm if you can fit a superking mattress up the stairs of a type b? had lads from the bed company over earlier to measure it up and they came back and said it wouldnt fit. Any feedback on this appreciated
We got a superking upstairs in Type B no problem, the guys had no difficulty. It fits well in room, still good space.
21-09-2018, 19:57   #494
The_Sally_Gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozi View Post
Thank you. I'll be onto them first thing Monday.

Anyone living there commute to Dublin city centre, roughly how long does it take?

I live in the estate next door to this one. I am in work for 7.30. Train leaves Maynooth at 6.20 and I am at my desk by 7.30! I have to swap trains at Pearse but it’s grand. I think it gets to Pearse by 7.10 so it’s a grand commute in. The train into town is much quicker than the bus.
26-09-2018, 19:10   #495
Fire1985

Anybody buy a type d or f ? They are big money but look great . Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion