Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's your favourite take-away meal?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

....... wrote: »
    I worked in a proper restaurant and if you saw what they did with the food youd never eat out again.

What were they up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'm a fan of a chicken curry, diced with boiled rice and a side order or spicy chilli chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Ginger83 wrote: »
    What were they up to?

Cooked food dropped on a filthy floor - wiped off and put back on plate.

Customer asking if steak was fresh, of course sir, as they took it out of the freezer.

Food storage - raw meat over dairy products, dripping was solved by wiping off top of whatever had had something dripped on it.

Actually that reminds me of when I worked in the deli of a famous irish supermarket, they would cut the mouldy parts off the quiche slices and continue to sell them.

Customer asking if steak was fresh, of course sir, as they took it out of the freezer.

Food storage - raw meat over dairy products, dripping was solved by wiping off top of whatever had had something dripped on it.

Actually that reminds me of when I worked in the deli of a famous irish supermarket, they would cut the mouldy parts off the quiche slices and continue to sell them.

Ah stop :( Really?

Ah stop :( Really?

Im afraid so.

The supermarket probably had worse practices than the restaurant actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Chicken Pad Thai or a chicken burrito bowl from Boojum.

I could happily eat either of those for the rest of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Is it me or have Chineses gone to ****e? Can't remember the last time I enjoyed one. MSG riddled spice bags in particular leave me feeling lethargic and groggy.

And all their sauces taste the same - sweet and slightly syrupy.

And all their sauces taste the same - sweet and slightly syrupy.

Its what they put in them :eek:

Thats shocking.

Thats shocking.

A guy came in one evening and said to me "What do you recommend" and I completely straight faced said to him "Another restaurant sir".

Anyway - we are getting way off topic so suffice to say, bad food practices happen all over the place - you only have to look at the closure notices from the FSAI monthly.

At least with a chipper even if there is bits of dodge getting into the food its getting cremated in the hot oil to the degree that it probably wouldnt harm you anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Thats shocking.

But pretty normal everywhere. I worked in a café years ago for a few months and I saw and had to do some seriously manky things.
    I think the worst was when we didn't get a delivery of fresh veg, the tomatoes in the shop were mouldy and our manager advised us to salvage whatever is salvageable.
    I quit the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

The Irish fascination with the Chinese takeaway both fascinates and disgusts me. The food is disgusting swill, and should come with a long series of warnings about the damage it is doing to your body. When I'm home you notice people queuing out the door of these places. Waiting patiently for a brown bag of diabetes-inducing and teeth cloying food to be handed out through a hatch to them. Rubber meat, vacuum packed vegetables, heat and pour sauces. A triumph of the cost effectiveness of a bank of microwaves, saturated fat, sugar, and salt. 
    Then home to eat this muck in front of the television while watching 'Ant and Dec' or Winning Streak. Combined with two or three bottles of Chateau Apple Green. 
    Pass.

Sounds like the perfect Friday night tbh

Advertisement