Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deezer one year 16 Euro stackable. See OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I took out 2 years stacked. Just found out on Deezer Podcasts only come up if youre in a certain countries. Ireland is listed as one,. Turkey isnt.

My account is showing Im in IE but I cant see podcasts on the iOS app on iphone or if I log in to deezer on desktop.

Anyone know?

Took down deezer app on phone and created a new login and do see podcasts so looks like its country related to the login

I took out 2 years stacked. Just found out on Deezer Podcasts only come up if youre in a certain countries. Ireland is listed as one,. Turkey isnt.

My account is showing Im in IE but I cant see podcasts on the iOS app on iphone or if I log in to deezer on desktop.

Anyone know?

Took down deezer app on phone and created a new login and do see podcasts so looks like its country related to the login

It is the country.

On this, logged on to deezer support, https://support.deezer.com opened a chat, explained I was in Turkey when I took it out but in Ireland now, support guy changed my account to Ireland, log out, log back in and now can see podcasts and all Irish based music. Took 30 seconds for guy to do.

Great support.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

I've just set up a new deezer account and have started my free trial. I'm going to use a vpn to set up another account to get a annual subscription "gift" and use the code on my main account but i can't see anywhere to even enter a gift code on my account.

I'm sure i'm blind though???:confused:

Think i've found it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

It is the country.

On this, logged on to deezer support, https://support.deezer.com opened a chat, explained I was in Turkey when I took it out but in Ireland now, support guy changed my account to Ireland, log out, log back in and now can see podcasts and all Irish based music. Took 30 seconds for guy to do.

Great support.

How can you find out what country your account is in?

vectra wrote: »
    How can you find out what country your account is in?

When you open deezer desktop on the bottom of page it shows IE. However it was doing this for me and yet still I didn’t have podcasts on my iPhone deezer app which when I looked it up said Turkish accounts don’t have so gave me a clue. The support guy came on chat in a few seconds and he confirmed me my account was Turkish. Another few seconds to switch country. Logged in and out of the app and now have podcasts. All the playlists are now irish too. Lots more music discoverable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I have tried this on 2 different devices, with 3 different vpns on 2 different internet connections, on new and existing accounts with BOI DC and CC and revolut card.... and it just will not work for me.... giving up .....payment just will not go through

When you open deezer desktop on the bottom of page it shows IE. However it was doing this for me and yet still I didn’t have podcasts on my iPhone deezer app which when I looked it up said Turkish accounts don’t have so gave me a clue. The support guy came on chat in a few seconds and he confirmed me my account was Turkish. Another few seconds to switch country. Logged in and out of the app and now have podcasts. All the playlists are now irish too. Lots more music discoverable.

Found it
    Says IE.
    But how would I know if it was in fact IE?
    Unlimited music with Deezer - Copyright 2006-2018

Your country: IE

Found it
    Says IE.
    But how would I know if it was in fact IE?
    Yes that’s it. I had that too but account was still Turkish. I couldn’t see this anywhere, support had to confirm for me.

if you can see podcasts then you don’t have a Turkish account. I had no option to browse podcasts either on desktop or phone app. Search didn’t bring anything back either.

When you have an Irish account the top charts will automatically be Irish ones. should also have a “trending Ireland” playlist.

If you don’t see those there’s a good chance you don’t have an irish account so get on to support to get them to switch it. Use the chat.

I have tried this on 2 different devices, with 3 different vpns on 2 different internet connections, on new and existing accounts with BOI DC and CC and revolut card.... and it just will not work for me.... giving up .....payment just will not go through

I know someone who got it last night so its still working, they used a revolut card over vpn. Maybe use speedtest to verify youre definitely on a turkish IP.

I got 2 gift cards and then had refused payment for a third. I reconnected vpn and tried a different card and it still refused so that seemed a bit random for me so I jsut accpeted it was hit and miss..

Yes that’s it. I had that too but account was still Turkish. I couldn’t see this anywhere, support had to confirm for me.

if you can see podcasts then you don’t have a Turkish account. I had no option to browse podcasts either on desktop or phone app. Search didn’t bring anything back either.

When you have an Irish account the top charts will automatically be Irish ones. should also have a “trending Ireland” playlist.

If you don’t see those there’s a good chance you don’t have an irish account so get on to support to get them to switch it. Use the chat.

I don't see any podcast or Trending Ireland playlist.

Best thing is say I was in Turkey as well :pac:

• Advertisement

Opened a chat and got mine changed as well
    Happy days
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Opened a chat and got mine changed as well
    Happy days
    Thanks

I really hope everyone telling them that they've been to Turkey recently won't give them a heads up and make them close this loophole...

TBi wrote: »
    I really hope everyone telling them that they've been to Turkey recently won't give them a heads up and make them close this loophole...

2 people looking to change ?
    I doubt it very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Edit: I fixed it!

No idea of it's a trick or not but I was on the 30 day HiFI trial, then added the years code which now gets me 12 months HIFi for less that 20 euro.

I am wondering will this be available this time next year when it's up though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

I know someone who got it last night so its still working, they used a revolut card over vpn. Maybe use speedtest to verify youre definitely on a turkish IP.

I got 2 gift cards and then had refused payment for a third. I reconnected vpn and tried a different card and it still refused so that seemed a bit random for me so I jsut accpeted it was hit and miss..

I'm in a similar situation.

I got 2 codes and then the 3rd got refused. Tried different CC but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Does anyone know what happens if you upgrade to Deezer Family if you used the 12 month gift card?
    Upgrade from Deezer Premium (9,99 TL/month) to Deezer Family (14,99 TL/month).

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

mcgovern wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happens if you upgrade to Deezer Family if you used the 12 month gift card?

As far as I know, you lose the remaining portion of your Deezer Premium subscription. No pro-rata refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭deco_b

Support switched my subscription from 1 yr premium to family for 8 months

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ECookie13

deco_b wrote: »
    Support switched my subscription from 1 yr premium to family for 8 months

Any reason why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I'm on this plan. The mobile app is fairly good, but the suggested playlists are all over the shop. You either get Turkish pop and their equivalent of Big Tom thrown in at the end, or they start playing you stuff on your Flow playlist. Not good for getting new recommendations. If I hear Creep by Radiohead one more time....

Can't argue for the price at all though, and will import my spotify playlists if I can. Their music recommendation algorithms aren't great though. 8Tracks and the likes are much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

I set up an account on vpn last week and bought the 12 month giftcard and applied it to my Irish account. Just got refunded the money and my irish account goes back to free after my free trial:confused:.

Is everyone else's account still ok???

I was chatting to support. They copped on to it and are automatically refunding everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 40,146 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I was chatting to support. They copped on to it and are automatically refunding everyone
    just those who bought gift cards or those who bought a 12 month sub directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

just those who bought gift cards or those who bought a 12 month sub directly?

My account with gift cards still looks fine. Amazing though all these people ringing in to change their accounts from Turkey to Ireland set off alarm bells...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,146 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've just checked my premium account that i purchased directly without a gift card and it is still showing as valid until sep 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Can you blame them if lots of folks contact support, as it highlights unusual buying patterns and flaws.

I wasn't asking to change anything. Got a notification to say refund and wanted to know why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I wasn't asking to change anything. Got a notification to say refund and wanted to know why
    Sorry Deco, wasn't meaning to point that at you more of a general point.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ECookie13

So are people getting this cancelled and refunded?

• Advertisement

ECookie13 wrote: »
    So are people getting this cancelled and refunded?

newer ones seem to be, Ive got mine just over 2 weeks and am still on premium as of today but I know someone who got it earlier last week and they got cancelled and refunded.

Unless theyre working backwards one by one Im hoping will still be ok for next 2 years. :D

Advertisement