Hello all.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Pauraic, Long time passion in Rugby and current season ticket holder for Leinster. I have been Larking this Rugby Forum for a while.

I am the Committee Member for Deaf Sport Ireland (DSI) and my project was to start Ireland Deaf Rugby Team and take part in next World Cup Rugby Competition.

I am working with Leinster Rugby and IRFU to help us to start a team. I have a small sub committee for this project. At the moment, we need to publicise it.

I am hoping if any of you will able to help me to pass on the word to anyone you may know who is hard of hearing and have a opportunity to represent Ireland in national and international level.

Deaf, defined as a hearing loss of at least 55dB in the better ear (3 tone frequency average of 500, 1,000 and 2,000 Hertz, ANSI 1969 standard)

Note: Player must have member with their current rugby club and played in Regional and/or National League.

Knowledge of Sign language is not necessary.

The following we can play

Tag Rugby Competition
Rugby 7
Rugby Union Competition.

The First International Deaf Rugby 7 is coming in Australia last April but unfortunately we don't have a team to represent. Wales have won this competition.

Ireland are the only team in the Top 10 Ranking that does not have a Deaf Team.

For more information or would like to get involve, please PM me.

Thank you

Pauraic