Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-02-2017, 16:00   #16
DonnachaH

I think they included that so that when the PRS regulations were enacted, those already practicing as EAs would not have to go back to University to get the academic qualifications.
But you're right now it just looks silly.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
09-02-2017, 16:02   #17
DonnachaH

If you've any take on how to get experience before getting your PRSA, I'm all ears Hoppo
Thanks from:
09-02-2017, 16:17   #18
hoppo1982

I have asked the authority directly and have yet to receive a clear answer.

My most recent request was made today. Will update once (if) they reply
10-02-2017, 14:07   #19
hoppo1982

Fron the PSRA :

In relation to qualification under paragraph (c), you must provide evidence of lawful experience for 3 out of the 5 year period preceding the making of the application. This qualification paragraph was particularly useful for those people who held Revenue licences under the old licensing system (up to July 2012) and allowed them to submit their Revenue licences for qualification purposes for a PSRA licence.

At the present time, the only way an employee who works as a property services provider in Ireland can be lawfully engaged is by holding a PSRA licence. If you were the holder of 3 PSRA licences out of the last 5 years, you can submit them as evidence of qualification under paragraph (c).

Essentially this is a farce and not an avenue worth exploring.
20-08-2017, 21:14   #20
splashuum

The best option here to obtain a licence is to complete one of the many 2 year courses available that will deem you eligible for a PSRA licence. (Im a licence holder)

Last edited by splashuum; 20-08-2017 at 21:14. Reason: typo
Advertisement
06-02-2018, 09:48   #21
nordyindublin

Laugh

"Perhaps a receptionist, letting agent or property manager"

Some of the advice on here is ridiculous. Why do people insist on giving advice on subjects they clearly know nothing about? Letting agents and property managers both require PSRA license. Bother are equally good jobs to sales agents. You need to have a degree plus experience to work as a commercial property manager and also need at some stage to complete the SCSI APC in Property Management Route.

Your best bet is to go in as a property assistant i.e. someone who works in the background and isn't providing advice to clients. There are plenty of these jobs available. In our department our junior staff are not licensed as they don't have any direct client interaction. That is all done by the senior staff.

If you want some actual advice feel free to message me.
08-02-2018, 13:20   #22
Askthe EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordyindublin View Post
"Perhaps a receptionist, letting agent or property manager"

Some of the advice on here is ridiculous. Why do people insist on giving advice on subjects they clearly know nothing about? Letting agents and property managers both require PSRA license. Bother are equally good jobs to sales agents. You need to have a degree plus experience to work as a commercial property manager and also need at some stage to complete the SCSI APC in Property Management Route.

Your best bet is to go in as a property assistant i.e. someone who works in the background and isn't providing advice to clients. There are plenty of these jobs available. In our department our junior staff are not licensed as they don't have any direct client interaction. That is all done by the senior staff.

If you want some actual advice feel free to message me.
The full quote was....

"Having said that, I and most others, would have started off in a role below sales. Perhaps a receptionist, letting agent or property manager. Id advise the same as it allows you to learn the local market without the pressure of targets etc.

As you then go on to say... "Your best bet is to go in as a property assistant i.e. someone who works in the background and isn't providing advice to clients"

So, you are giving the same advice?
Thanks from:
08-02-2018, 14:05   #23
nordyindublin

Yes - but property manager and letting agent are certainly not below sales. And both of these require a PSRA license.
08-02-2018, 14:51   #24
Askthe EA

My point was, thats how many sales agents started, not that the jobs were below agents!!!
Advertisement
12-03-2018, 18:14   #25
justagirl

Not sure if the original poster's girlfriend did any property course? If any help to anyone I'm in my last year of the part-time SCSI/DIT Property BSc ....
13-03-2018, 03:28   #26
mrslancaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppo1982 View Post
Fron the PSRA :

In relation to qualification under paragraph (c), you must provide evidence of lawful experience for 3 out of the 5 year period preceding the making of the application. This qualification paragraph was particularly useful for those people who held Revenue licences under the old licensing system (up to July 2012) and allowed them to submit their Revenue licences for qualification purposes for a PSRA licence.

At the present time, the only way an employee who works as a property services provider in Ireland can be lawfully engaged is by holding a PSRA licence. If you were the holder of 3 PSRA licences out of the last 5 years, you can submit them as evidence of qualification under paragraph (c).

Essentially this is a farce and not an avenue worth exploring.
Does the 3 years experience have to be in Ireland to use that route? Just curious..
10-08-2018, 20:43   #27
GalwayGaillimh

Im looking into getting a prsa license on experience, based on being a director on the blocks owners management company and helping manage a multi user development where i live since the managing agent resigned...

Would that qualify as relevent experience towards a license?
10-08-2018, 22:36   #28
justagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalwayGaillimh View Post
Im looking into getting a prsa license on experience, based on being a director on the blocks owners management company and helping manage a multi user development where i live since the managing agent resigned...

Would that qualify as relevent experience towards a license?
Hi GalwayGallimh

You can only now only apply for a license if you have done a 2 year higher certificate in property studies (to do this course you have to have approx 5 years previous experience in the industry - need to have at least 3 years as your most recent job). You'd have to be a principal officer of a property services employer which the relevant experience to qualify to apply. You have to have your own insurance/tax clearance etc. Link to guide is here.

Last edited by justagirl; 11-08-2018 at 10:17. Reason: to make clearer
12-08-2018, 20:10   #29
mechanical aid

There's a 2 year apprenticeship programe in ballsbrigde college of further education. 1 day per week in the college and 4 days with an employer. There's also a salary.

https://www.ballsbridgecollege.com/a...erty-services/
12-08-2018, 22:09   #30
Baby01032012

Any idea what the salary might be?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size