Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-08-2018, 17:47   #16
Ckit1

https://www.omahonys.ie/weather-and-...n-p-61973.html
Advertisement
28-09-2018, 20:00   #17
sryanbruen

I know what I'll be getting soon

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/st...39338120368130
06-11-2018, 22:05   #18
sryanbruen

Finally got my copy of Joanna's book and it is an excellent book for the young weather enthusiast whom is wanting to learn about the weather regardless of your level of knowledge on the subject. It gives you simple explanations on understanding how different phenomena in weather are created such as rainbows, explaining things like how weather forecasts are made and what numerical weather prediction models are etc. There's even a section on historical extreme weather with events like Ophelia and the Beast from the East 2018 included (nice one Joanna ).

Saying all the above, what can catch your eye instantly as much as the brilliant content is the vivid and stunning imagery illustrated by Fuchsia MacAree.

Even if you are knowledgeable on the weather, I think it's totally worth your buck to pick up when you come across one and add it to your collection of other books you may have lying around like the ones posted in this thread.

What a lovely book that I recommend to all weather enthusiasts regardless of your skill level and age. It's a 9/10 from me. Why not the 10/10? More stats please . Ok, that's just me being my pick ol' self with a strange obsession over stats.

Just wanted to make this quick review, thank you for reading.
(2) thanks from:
06-11-2018, 22:17   #19
gozunda

Perhaps somewhat of an aside - contemprary accounts give the the winter of 1683-84 starting with an deep and intense frost, which not only froze every piece of standing water, but also streams, rivers including the Thames and even parts of the English Channel.

That winter is very evocatively described in RD Blackmore's book - Lorna Doone. 

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion