Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Now tv 22.50e

• 09-08-2018 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

In supervalue ballyragget kilkeeny, i assume its nationwide about the left.
    Includes
    *1 Month kids pass
    *1 Month entertainment pass
    *1 month cinema pass
    *1 week sports pass.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Does that box do Spotify YouTube Netflix etc without the sky sub? I bought the identical Roku box a few years ago for around €70. (Back when I didn’t have a tv with HDMI)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Does that box do Spotify YouTube Netflix etc without the sky sub? I bought the identical Roku box a few years ago for around €70. (Back when I didn’t have a tv with HDMI)

You can use apps without a Sky TV sub but apps are limited. There is a YouTube app. Netflix is "coming soon". Spotify not available AFAIK.

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/what-apps-are-available-on-now-tv-box-stick

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Youtube, 3player and All4 apps all work without Sky sub. No Spotify or Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

picked one up in tesco yesterday, seems to be a little cheaper.

box + 1 month entertainment + cinema pass for 19 euro
    box + 2 month entertainment or cinema pass 23 euro and some change

There were also sport pack offers but cant recall if they were a different price, i don't think they were.

Note:
    Sign up to the 14 days free trial first before activating the code you get with the box so you get a little more value. They have half price offer on entertainment and cinema passes online at the moment so 7.50 pm (limited to a couple of months though). Also a discount on the sports pack but not as good.

re the box, so far so good, control seems to be decent quality, box has built in wifi.
    downside the menu just seems a messy.

Will I continue using it once my pass expires, probably not as I have netflix for TV series and the number of channels available on this box is only 11, the main selling point being access to the sky box set archive or sports packs with lack of contract. Handy youtube player though and if netflix ever gets working on it it would be a very useful box without a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Quick question: I just came across an oldish black UK version of this box in a drawer. If I factory reset it (is this possible?) can I use it for Irish NowTV??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Quick question: I just came across an oldish black UK version of this box in a drawer. If I factory reset it (is this possible?) can I use it for Irish NowTV??

No, it's​ locked to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Sky Sports on Now TV is €20 per month for 3 months instead of €50 per month, until September 2nd. Can cancel at anytime too. Might be of interest to people now Premier League has started again.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Picked up a box in Jervis Tesco for 24.99 and it has the sport pass for a month.

4 left

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Plenty left in the old Superquinn in Limerick. 2 x cardboard display stands behind the manned cashiers.

Advertisement