Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
15-07-2018, 12:35   #76
magentis
Registered User
 
magentis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisoner 6753 View Post
Tried again with Bus Eireann, same as last time, no joy just utter rejection
Think of it as a blessing!
magentis is offline  
Advertisement
15-07-2018, 13:50   #77
Stephen15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisoner 6753 View Post
Tried again with Bus Eireann, same as last time, no joy just utter rejection
DB meant to be hiring in August
Stephen15 is online now  
25-07-2018, 07:35   #78
soundman45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 108
If interested in bus driving give aircoach a try. The only problem there is its a 24hr operation but some guys there work nights full time to avoid the stress of traffic etc in the city. Money poor for the first 6 months but then rises rapidly even after the 6 months probation you would be on more than go ahead etc. Good clean work too as your customers are heading to/from airport no commuters etc. Top rates there are a match for what bus eireann offer but they are much better to work for in my opinion and I've driven for bus eireann in the past so you should consider it anyway.
soundman45 is offline  
29-07-2018, 22:34   #79
Deckard Shaw
Registered User
 
Deckard Shaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: London
Posts: 2,015
This post has been deleted.
Deckard Shaw is offline  
30-07-2018, 04:17   #80
soundman45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisoner 6753 View Post
It was a lifelong ambition

I'm in Cork doing tours until at least September, then I plan to head back home depending on what is there, DB was one I never applied to.


I'd have thought Aircoach was next to impossible to get into? I'd prefer the nights myself, less traffic on the road, passengers tend to sleep the longer distances, would suit me fine
Aircoach are looking for drivers. Will only take on experienced drivers for the blue coaches and are starting to train drivers for car parks now. Have done nights myself and prefer them too.
soundman45 is offline  
Advertisement
07-08-2018, 00:03   #81
Jamie2k9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: EIDW
Posts: 8,644
Aircoach drop experienced driver rules but you must stay for 2 years after getting a licence.

https://fora.ie/aircoach-driver-recr...59046-Aug2018/
Jamie2k9 is online now  
07-08-2018, 00:30   #82
Yer Da sells Avon
Registered User
 
Yer Da sells Avon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
Aircoach drop experienced driver rules but you must stay for 2 years after getting a licence.

https://fora.ie/aircoach-driver-recr...59046-Aug2018/
Probably similar to Go-Ahead Ireland's training indemnity bond, where the company takes a small amount of your weekly wage and if you're still there after two years, you get it back. If you leave before that, they get to keep it.
Yer Da sells Avon is offline  
08-08-2018, 00:51   #83
TallGlass
Registered User
 
TallGlass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,109
Anyone any idea on starting wage? Interested if it's not uneconomical.
TallGlass is offline  
08-08-2018, 01:01   #84
Stephen15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGlass View Post
Anyone any idea on starting wage? Interested if it's not uneconomical.
I would imagine they pay the going rate which is somewhere around the 30-35k a year mark. Why don't you give them a ring?
Stephen15 is online now  
Advertisement
08-08-2018, 01:14   #85
TallGlass
Registered User
 
TallGlass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
I would imagine they pay the going rate which is somewhere around the 30-35k a year mark. Why don't you give them a ring?
Popped in an application. Was just wondering, wish they would just show it from the get go, so I know to apply for not.

Don't see me going anywhere only a learner permit that's about the most of it!
TallGlass is offline  
08-08-2018, 09:21   #86
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime
Registered User
 
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kopparberg, Sweden
Posts: 3,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGlass View Post
Popped in an application. Was just wondering, wish they would just show it from the get go, so I know to apply for not.

Don't see me going anywhere only a learner permit that's about the most of it!
Changed recently but I think it's around 17 euro an hour possibly 16 euro an hour


Personally in my eyes not worth it for the hours and jobs but there's something internal around the corner that I'm holding on for, another job in one of the sister companies that gets advertised internally first before to the public

But giving the interest internal it'll never be punished publicly, so that'll be me done with the place if I'm lucky to get it
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime is offline  
Thanks from:
09-08-2018, 13:56   #87
dashcamdanny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime View Post
Changed recently but I think it's around 17 euro an hour possibly 16 euro an hour


Personally in my eyes not worth it for the hours and jobs but there's something internal around the corner that I'm holding on for, another job in one of the sister companies that gets advertised internally first before to the public

But giving the interest internal it'll never be punished publicly, so that'll be me done with the place if I'm lucky to get it
Same here. Waiting. I wish they would hurry along with it.
dashcamdanny is offline  
09-08-2018, 14:04   #88
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime
Registered User
 
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kopparberg, Sweden
Posts: 3,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcamdanny View Post
Same here. Waiting. I wish they would hurry along with it.
Ooohhhh..... Hello friend

I was hoping this month it would go up. I reckon get it advertised and do all the exams before the end of year with hope of starting very early next year

But that's only speculating. It's been very quiet about it !
Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime is offline  
Thanks from:
09-08-2018, 14:24   #89
moonship
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime View Post
Ooohhhh..... Hello friend

I was hoping this month it would go up. I reckon get it advertised and do all the exams before the end of year with hope of starting very early next year

But that's only speculating. It's been very quiet about it !
So you all want to be train drivers?
moonship is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet