Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-07-2018, 12:29   #16
Retr0gamer
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inviere View Post
Memory leak?
Probably. It's only on the 360 version. They might have fixed it with Xbox One BC. They fixed Panzer Dragoon Orta (PAL) on 360 when it was made BC with the One, that game used to crash immediately after the cutscene before stage 4. However I don't think it's been added to Xbox One yet.
Advertisement
23-07-2018, 13:42   #17
Inviere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retr0gamer View Post
Probably. It's only on the 360 version. They might have fixed it with Xbox One BC.
I reckon they might have, the XB/360 'emulation' on the One is quite different to how it was handled on the 360 itself
23-07-2018, 18:59   #18
DaveyDave

Did OutRun just not sell on Xbox so there's less copies? I often wonder what makes games in the last generation or two become expensive. Apparently the Futurama game on Xbox is also silly money.
23-07-2018, 19:05   #19
Business Cat
Hosted Moderator

Id imagine this is based on someone somewhere hearing that the game was worth a bundle and adding it for sale. Someone else spotted it and followed suit. It happens quite a bit in the vhs/blu ray/dvd collectors world.

For example, the Disney Diamond edition vhs. It's now an urban legend that they are worth hundreds where as they are actually worth SFA.
28-07-2018, 18:32   #20
2 Scoops

Look at the marketplace how the activity has gone down, same thing on ebay. Prices started getting mental 4 or 5 years ago as a result people are hanging onto their games.

Imagine being back in the 2000s, you could most games 16-bit era for nickels!
Advertisement
30-07-2018, 12:26   #21
o1s1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Scoops View Post

Imagine being back in the 2000s, you could most games 16-bit era for nickels!
I really miss those days of looking through charity shops and finding hoards of Snes/Megadrive/NES games. It really felt like you were finding gold. That part of the hobby is all but gone now.
(2) thanks from:
30-07-2018, 12:50   #22
CiDeRmAn
Category Moderator

I nearly went to the sunday market in Balbriggan yesterday, remembering the great days of finding Atari and Sega gear.... then I remembered that it was
  1. Those days were 8 years ago
  2. It was raining

Stayed at home, watched Homeland....
(3) thanks from:
30-07-2018, 15:39   #23
accensi0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDeRmAn View Post
I nearly went to the sunday market in Balbriggan yesterday, remembering the great days of finding Atari and Sega gear.... then I remembered that it was
  1. Those days were 8 years ago
  2. It was raining
I only started watching game chasers a while ago, it got me all revved up to go to some markets, but then I thought "what's the feckin point, I'm about 15 years too later."
(2) thanks from:
02-08-2018, 03:20   #24
Stoner

Send a message via Skype™ to Stoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDeRmAn
I nearly went to the sunday market in Balbriggan yesterday, remembering the great days of finding Atari and Sega gear.... then I remembered that it was Those days were 8 years ago It was raining Stayed at home, watched Homeland....

Balbriggan was great

I remember one day getting a boxed Amiga 600 for 15 euro (it had been used as a fire alarm panel)
Two megadrives
A N64 cw Boxed Mario 64 and Mario cart for 15 euro again
Then I bought a N64 box off an auld won for 2 euro.

All in the same day

Never had much luck in charity shops
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-08-2018, 14:35   #25
o1s1n

My best was my mam finding a Snes with about 30 top tier games (We're talking the likes of Super Metroid, Castlevania IV, Sunset Riders etc) in a charity shop for 30 euro. The week previous she'd found an unopened boxed NES in another charity shop for 30.

Actually, less 'my best' and more 'my mam's best' tbh - she used to do the charity shop circuit twice a week in Bray (there were actually quite a few of them) and I'd constantly be getting random calls saying things like 'Oisin, they have a Megadrive in Waronwant/Oxfam/The Cancer Society with X games for X amount of money, what should I do??'

Got interesting when disc based systems started appearing as I'd have to talk her through how to test out the disc drive over the phone
(3) thanks from:
02-08-2018, 21:22   #26
CiDeRmAn
Category Moderator

Johnny U, formerly common in these parts, did find Musha in the bargain bin of The RAGE, and they've been over charging ever since to make up the loss!
02-08-2018, 21:32   #27
Inviere

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDeRmAn View Post
Johnny U, formerly common in these parts, did find Musha in the bargain bin of The RAGE, and they've been over charging ever since to make up the loss!
Actually haven’t seen a Sir Ultimate post here in ages, does not not frequent the place anymore

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion