Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

Hiya I want to if you could help me I'm trying to remember a name of a film a horror film where a guy it was supposed to inherit a house brings a few friends but there are two people still there and they get killed and a woman who was having sex with the guy on what looks like at dentist chair or a pregnancy chair basically she had her legs stretched for the life of me I can't remember the film

Sounds a lot like
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3612032/?ref_=rvi_tt
    Definitely has the chair bit

• Subscribers Posts: 40,944 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'm trying to remember the name of one of the most boring movies I've ever scene. I think there might be the word crossroad in the title, or some reference to it.

What I can recall is that it was about a really slow moving truck driving on a road, near a crossroads

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember the name of one of the most boring movies I've ever scene. I think there might be the word crossroad in the title, or some reference to it.

What I can recall is that it was about a really slow moving truck driving on a road, near a crossroads

Would it be Duel?
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067023/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

drake70 wrote: »

I doubt Duel would be described as boring

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Riskymove wrote: »

My 10 year old self thought so, but hey, maybe I should give it another go :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Could it be Joyride? (It was called Roadkill over here)

Just looking at the IMDB page, it was written by JJ Abrams.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

Riskymove wrote: »

My thoughts exactly!

• Subscribers Posts: 40,944 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

No, neither of those.

I remember it being very art housey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

sydthebeat wrote: »
    No, neither of those.

I remember it being very art housey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twentynine_Palms_(film)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Heres one for the experts.

Trying to remember the name of a film from the early 90's (i think). Set in prison where there was an illegal boxing ring. A newly arrived prisoner gets involved, winning his fights but it at the end it was all a con job by him and another guy as an act of revenge.

Think the boxer was a black guy.

Owryan wrote:
    Trying to remember the name of a film from the early 90's (i think). Set in prison where there was an illegal boxing ring. A newly arrived prisoner gets involved, winning his fights but it at the end it was all a con job by him and another guy as an act of revenge.

Could be Penitentiary or one of the sequels though they are way before the 90s.

Could be Penitentiary or one of the sequels though they are way before the 90s.

thanks, but nope. I was sure Lou Gossett Jr was in it but not according to wikipedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

Owryan wrote: »
    Heres one for the experts.

Think the boxer was a black guy.

Could it be Undisputed ?

RichT wrote: »
    Could it be Undisputed ?

I'm not sure why I thought it was set in a prison but according to my brother it was "midnight sting". It had a different name in the US so that's why I couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

A film about a husband and wife who emigrate to the far east. He is a doctor as far as I recall. Unhappy relationship but circumstances bring them back together. It's set in early 20th century (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

radonicus wrote: »
    A film about a husband and wife who emigrate to the far east. He is a doctor as far as I recall. Unhappy relationship but circumstances bring them back together. It's set in early 20th century (I think).

The Painted Veil?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

siblers wrote: »
    The Painted Veil?

That's it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Trying to remember a Film (most likely.. or maybe a tv show) where one or maybe more detective(s) have a murder victim who has been decapitated and had their hands removed to prevent identification. Could well be lots of these but I don't tend to watch much horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You're not thinking of the scene from State of Grace maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Slydice wrote: »
    Trying to remember a Film (most likely.. or maybe a tv show) where one or maybe more detective(s) have a murder victim who has been decapitated and had their hands removed to prevent identification. Could well be lots of these but I don't tend to watch much horror.

The Shield?

Think it was in season 2 that the cops were dealing with Armenian gangsters that were removing hands & feet of their victims.

Hrmm... I don't think I've ever watched those so I don't think so.

Now I'm thinking it's probably done in a lot of detective and/or horror stuff.

I should probably stop searching. Google probably has me on a bunch of watch lists now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Slydice wrote: »

The wire perhaps?

nix wrote: »

I have seen the wire so that's my best guess so far! Good spot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭roganjosh

This is a long shot people. I remember seeing bits of a movie when I was younger but haven’t a clue of any of the details. The only part that stands out in my mind is a mother running out of her house looking for her child (possibly on a beach) and she finds what looks like a swirling patch of light up quicksand.

Not sure if that makes any sense. Not much to go on, any help would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

Invaders from Mars 1986 remake (also similar scene in original 1953 and 2013 version) around 45 second mark
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8BXNW36vbc

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭roganjosh

Holy **** man, that's amazing. Thanks for the help. I'll have to track it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

Just checked actually going to be on horror channel in July 15th and 16th

FILM: Invaders from Mars
    On: horror channel Sky 317 Virgin 149 Freeview 70 Freesat 138
    Date: Sunday 15th July 2018 (starting in 45 days)
    Time: 18:30 to 20:30 (2 hours long)

Chilling sci-fi yarn from director Tobe Hooper (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre). A boy discovers that his parents are acting strangely after a UFO lands near their farm.
    (1986, 12)

Director: T. Hooper
    Starring: K. Black, H. Carson, Karen Black, Hunter Carson, Timothy Bottoms, Laraine Newman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marked By: 'Category: Film' marker
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=21752

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

I remember years ago seeing this British film that looked like it was from the late 70's/early 80's. It was set in a rough London school and it had a kind of had a Ken Loach feel or maybe like the prison movie Scum. One of the pupils was a guy with long hair and a moustache and there was a scene where he stole glass beakers from the science lab with what I presume was acid in them and threw them from an upstairs window at a couple of the teachers as they passed below. Didn't see the whole film so its kind of hazy but that scene sticks in my mind.

Advertisement