Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-11-2017, 08:43   #196
savemejebus

Quote:
Originally Posted by campo View Post
If you figure out how to get it working with a Fire Stick I would be very interested
It's pretty simple, you just need to set up a static IP address for the fire stick in network settings. You are asked to set IP address, subnet mask, gateway and then DNS. Get the I, gateway and subnet mask from your router and then put your closest getflix DNS as DNS 1 and next closest as DNS 2.
Advertisement
30-11-2017, 08:47   #197
Chieftain

anyone having any issues with Getflix at the moment? I've been using it for about a year now with no problems, but yesterday I got a message saying that the DNS test failed. I'm using the Dublin & London servers for my DNS. I tried changing to different ones, but no joy. Have been emailing support but none of their suggestions have helped at all. I haven't changed any router settings and ipv6 is unchecked on the network properties screen on my laptop.

I did update windows to the new Fall Creators one, but everything was ok after I did that so don't really think that's the issue. Any help would be really appreciated
30-11-2017, 09:01   #198
grogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
anyone having any issues with Getflix at the moment? I've been using it for about a year now with no problems, but yesterday I got a message saying that the DNS test failed. I'm using the Dublin & London servers for my DNS. I tried changing to different ones, but no joy. Have been emailing support but none of their suggestions have helped at all. I haven't changed any router settings and ipv6 is unchecked on the network properties screen on my laptop.

I did update windows to the new Fall Creators one, but everything was ok after I did that so don't really think that's the issue. Any help would be really appreciated
Your external IP changed probably and getflix are blocking request from unknown IPs. Go to the site and update your IP.
Thanks from:
30-11-2017, 09:02   #199
bromley52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post

Working fine for me on BBC iPlayer. Have you rebooted your router recently? Your ISP may be providing you with a dynamic public IP. If so you may just need to update Getflix. The easiest way is using the app but make sure you are on your wifi or else it will update it with your data IP.
30-11-2017, 09:11   #200
ozmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup08 View Post
..Just got an Amazon Fire TV Stick for £24:99...
That was cheap - can you send on where they can be got at that price please?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-11-2017, 09:13   #201
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromley52 View Post
Working fine for me on BBC iPlayer. Have you rebooted your router recently? Your ISP may be providing you with a dynamic public IP. If so you may just need to update Getflix. The easiest way is using the app but make sure you are on your wifi or else it will update it with your data IP.

Thanks for that. I haven't rebooted the router in a while. I did do the update on the Getflix home page and my IP address is grand. Bit of a puzzler to be honest - as I say I've had no problems with it in the past. The support people don't seem to know either so am a bit snookered
30-11-2017, 09:33   #202
sweetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmo View Post
That was cheap - can you send on where they can be got at that price please?
eh, on amazon during the black friday/cyber monday thing
16-05-2018, 14:14   #203
Basq

Send a message via Skype™ to Basq
Just to further warn people of StackSocial, it took a total of 8 emails and one with Paypal support to actually receive the refund from them after they said they'd refund me. They're absolute cowboys of the highest order. Ignored probably 3 - 4 emails in a row from me over the course of 2 weeks. AVOID!
16-05-2018, 17:34   #204
Johnny Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basq View Post
Just to further warn people of StackSocial, it took a total of 8 emails and one with Paypal support to actually receive the refund from them after they said they'd refund me. They're absolute cowboys of the highest order. Ignored probably 3 - 4 emails in a row from me over the course of 2 weeks. AVOID!
You seemed to have better luck than I had, I gave up in the end.
Advertisement
16-05-2018, 19:23   #205
Basq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dogs View Post
You seemed to have better luck than I had, I gave up in the end.
I was close to be honest as well..
16-05-2018, 20:44   #206
OmegaGene

lads this wasnt the stack social one this is a dead thread
16-05-2018, 20:46   #207
Basq

^ Sorry about that.. just did a search for Getflix, and this was first one that popped up that looked familiar.
17-05-2018, 12:57   #208
maik3n

The original offer from 2016 seems to be still active, albeit the price is $35 rather than $29.

Mind you, if we avail of the 10% off first purchase deal, you can knock a few $ off the price.
(2) thanks from:
20-07-2018, 14:10   #209
toby2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by maik3n View Post
The original offer from 2016 seems to be still active, albeit the price is $35 rather than $29.

Mind you, if we avail of the 10% off first purchase deal, you can knock a few $ off the price.
Anyone sign up for this offer?Seems its still active...tempted to give a go to get access BBC iPlayer and US Netflix on my smart tv...
20-07-2018, 14:16   #210
bikerjohn

I have it nearly two years now and its worked perfectly for all players in england
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion