Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-05-2018, 10:09   #166
Rennaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers209 View Post
i think this also think its 1 blade and 1 head
ive been keeping an eye on blades since easter as on last pack of last years but notting exciting as of yet
Yeah seems you are all correct unfortunately..

Just cancelled it on the phone there..

Ah well, I still have about 2 left from the last lot..
Rennaws is offline  
Advertisement
16-05-2018, 10:15   #167
Tilikum17
Registered User
 
Tilikum17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanner View Post
Yeah seems you are all correct unfortunately..

Just cancelled it on the phone there..

Ah well, I still have about 2 left from the last lot..
What number did you use? I’ve tried both numbers listed on the site & neither are working.
Tilikum17 is offline  
16-05-2018, 10:38   #168
blowin3
Registered User
 
blowin3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 358
Guys really sorry about that. When I looked at it last night I thought it was blades sorry again.

I just canceled using this number Ireland 189 094 9899
blowin3 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
16-05-2018, 10:41   #169
Rennaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum17 View Post
What number did you use? I’ve tried both numbers listed on the site & neither are working.
I used the RoI number on the order confirmation..

189 094 9899

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowin3 View Post
Guys really sorry about that. When I looked at it last night I thought it was blades sorry again.
No worries. I made the same mistake. Easy done..
Rennaws is offline  
Thanks from:
16-05-2018, 10:46   #170
Roberto_gas
Registered User
 
Roberto_gas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanner
That's another years supply just ordered..

Ahh....hope u did not order 5 razors with one blade...thats whats on offer.
Roberto_gas is offline  
Advertisement
16-05-2018, 11:44   #171
Rennaws
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
Ahh....hope u did not order 5 razors with one blade...thats whats on offer.
I did

Spoke to a sound lady in Liverpool who cancelled the order straight away so no harm done..
Rennaws is offline  
Thanks from:
16-05-2018, 11:46   #172
ActingDanClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by n!ghtmancometh View Post
Aldi has a carbon copy of the fusion. 5 blade and pivot head. It's 4.99 for 4 refills too. I shave daily for work and find them great. Worth a go instead of paying these extortionate prices.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/5-blade-razor...77996167367200
Am I investing in a totally new system or do the blades fit the fusion handle,?
ActingDanClark is offline  
16-05-2018, 11:46   #173
UsedToWait
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,041
Coincidentally, I was just looking on superdrug last night to see if there were any deals on the fusion blades - stocks low after the last buy.

Will try the Aldi ones mentioned above, but would appreciate if anyone who spots any deals on the Fusions could update this thread..
UsedToWait is offline  
16-05-2018, 13:53   #174
n!ghtmancometh
Registered User
 
n!ghtmancometh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActingDanClark View Post
Am I investing in a totally new system or do the blades fit the fusion handle,?
I doubt Gillette would allow the aldi blades fit the fusion. Just posted as an alternative.
n!ghtmancometh is offline  
Advertisement
16-05-2018, 16:55   #175
colcatscar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 87
Boots have Fusion blades on special offer at the moment. 3 packs of Fusion5 blades for €30. One pack is €15.49.
Some Mach3 blades also on offer.
colcatscar is offline  
16-05-2018, 17:41   #176
Aristotle
Registered User
 
Aristotle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Longford
Posts: 4,322
Send a message via MSN to Aristotle
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcatscar View Post
Boots have Fusion blades on special offer at the moment. 3 packs of Fusion5 blades for €30. One pack is €15.49.
Some Mach3 blades also on offer.
Is it not 4 packs for €30?
Aristotle is offline  
16-05-2018, 18:22   #177
tayto lover
Registered User
 
tayto lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 32,681
I find that the Lidl blade, the Shark, is as good as the Fusion and lasts longer.
It is a bit harder to get shaved properly under the nose but otherwise it's a very good blade and only a fiver a pack.
tayto lover is offline  
16-05-2018, 20:18   #178
dodzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dublin
Posts: 8,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayto lover View Post
I find that the Lidl blade, the Shark, is as good as the Fusion and lasts longer.
It is a bit harder to get shaved properly under the nose but otherwise it's a very good blade and only a fiver a pack.
Not a bloody hope.
dodzy is offline  
16-05-2018, 20:39   #179
AndrewJRenko
Registered User
 
AndrewJRenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 5,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
That's a very good price. I was pleased with myself for spotting that the razor + 8 blades was €24 in Tesco, much cheaper unit price than the 4 blades alone for €16. I wonder if Tesco will take mine back if I can find the Boots ones?
AndrewJRenko is offline  
16-05-2018, 22:17   #180
UsedToWait
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJRenko View Post
That's a very good price. I was pleased with myself for spotting that the razor + 8 blades was €24 in Tesco, much cheaper unit price than the 4 blades alone for €16. I wonder if Tesco will take mine back if I can find the Boots ones?


Putting 4 packs in the basket on Boots comes to €45.49, despite the 4 for 30 offer being shown..



Edit - it's actually 3 packs for 30 - the offer shown is wrong..

Last edited by UsedToWait; 16-05-2018 at 22:23.
UsedToWait is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet