Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-05-2018, 10:25   #2176
gar

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkgirl17 View Post
I'm hoping it wasn't a scam. Trying not to be annoying and bugging them but how long before I ask about getting my money back? (If that's even a possibility!)
I have been without Spotify premium for over 2 weeks now. Have contacted the parent of my Spotify family and they have been slow to respond. Only one reply that they are looking into it and not heard back in 10 days. In my account subscription details it shows that there is a subscription of some sort.
Might just email Spotify directly today
Advertisement
14-05-2018, 12:40   #2177
corkgirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gar
I have been without Spotify premium for over 2 weeks now. Have contacted the parent of my Spotify family and they have been slow to respond. Only one reply that they are looking into it and not heard back in 10 days. In my account subscription details it shows that there is a subscription of some sort. Might just email Spotify directly today

Same here, I'm wondering are we in the same group? I got one reply saying they were aware of the issue and saying it was an issue with their card and it could be down to the Ulster bank issue that happened 2 weeks ago. I've emailed again asking for an update and nothing back! I'm gonna ask for my money back and if I hear nothing then report them to Spotify. Don't want other people getting caught out by them
14-05-2018, 22:44   #2178
Entonces

I'm looking for a new family if anyone has a space
14-05-2018, 23:01   #2179
Eire Go Brach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymo View Post
Is it possible to pay yearly in one lump sum or is it monthly for the person who signs up?
Just created a family. It is Monthly. So can be cancelled whenever or go on for any amount of Months. You can also remove members at will.
Thanks from:
15-05-2018, 08:53   #2180
gar

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkgirl17 View Post
Same here, I'm wondering are we in the same group? I got one reply saying they were aware of the issue and saying it was an issue with their card and it could be down to the Ulster bank issue that happened 2 weeks ago. I've emailed again asking for an update and nothing back! I'm gonna ask for my money back and if I hear nothing then report them to Spotify. Don't want other people getting caught out by them
I can confirm that both me and corkgirl17 have been scammed by the same person "*".
Both of us have been removed from the family subscription and have confirmed this with spotify. They have also said the slots are full on that family group also so just kicking people off and charging again obviously.
I have found boards so friendly and honest and this is the first time i have come across this. So frustrating but there will always be an a$$hole

Last edited by gar; 15-05-2018 at 17:21.
Advertisement
15-05-2018, 11:13   #2181
False Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gar View Post
I can confirm that both me and corkgirl17 have been scammed by the same person "the whole year inn".
Both of us have been removed from the family subscription and have confirmed this with spotify. They have also said the slots are full on that family group also so just kicking people off and charging again obviously.
I have found boards so friendly and honest and this is the first time i have come across this. So frustrating but there will always be an a$$hole
Member since 2002 and over 5,000 posts, only the fact that user is a City fan might have gave it away. Just unlucky.
Looking at post history he seems to have setup 2 groups, 1 for a "friend".

Last edited by False Prophet; 17-05-2018 at 09:28. Reason: Removed name as requested by gar
15-05-2018, 12:34   #2182
Mrcaramelchoc

Quote:
I can confirm that both me and corkgirl17 have been scammed by the same person "the whole year inn".

sorry to hear that but i hope this doesnt **** it up for the rest of us.as in spotify cracking down on "families".
Thanks from:
15-05-2018, 13:15   #2183
Stupify

Have another 2 spaces available in my family as haven't heard back from people due to renew.
15-05-2018, 13:32   #2184
Mike1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupify View Post
Have another 2 spaces available in my family as haven't heard back from people due to renew.
I hate piggybacking other people's efforts ... but I'd be happy to join your family. What do you need form me?
Advertisement
15-05-2018, 14:12   #2185
Stupify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1961 View Post
I hate piggybacking other people's efforts ... but I'd be happy to join your family. What do you need form me?
Haha, g'man Mike, I'll pm you there.
15-05-2018, 14:16   #2186
tooler08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupify View Post
I'll take the other spot if its still going please
15-05-2018, 17:20   #2187
gar

Quote:
I can confirm that both me and corkgirl17 have been scammed by the same person "*".
Just to update that this issue has finally been resolved despite multiple unanswered emails and messages through boards.
Both myself and corkgirl17 are back on the family.
Putting it down to lack of response which has been resolved.

I am editing my posts to remove name to be fair. if others that quote could do the same please?
Thanks from:
15-05-2018, 19:02   #2188
levingout92

I don't post here really ever but I will setup a family if anyone wants to join pm me.
15-05-2018, 22:01   #2189
Mech1

Could or should we make a list of trusted heads of families?
Im running my second year of family and only through lack of speed in his contact had to replace 1 member this year.
(sorry Bonkers i recommend you for the next available space)
This should be a trust thing and can only ever work this way.
Anyone starting a family must be committed to following the payments through per month or even pay all up front
i do mine by dd every month.

I have no idea btw how a list could be organized, just a idea.
16-05-2018, 13:42   #2190
bonkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech1 View Post
Could or should we make a list of trusted heads of families?
Im running my second year of family and only through lack of speed in his contact had to replace 1 member this year.
(sorry Bonkers i recommend you for the next available space)
This should be a trust thing and can only ever work this way.
Anyone starting a family must be committed to following the payments through per month or even pay all up front
i do mine by dd every month.

I have no idea btw how a list could be organized, just a idea.
No problems Mech1, I've been taken in by a new family. They treat me well and keep me in playlists.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion