Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can't save or download PDF of bank statement

• 08-02-2018 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am just trying to get statements together for a small car loan application with the Credit Union. I can open my statements on PDF, but when I go to save them or download them "failed-network error" is what comes up. I've tried to do the same on two different laptops and a desktop and still experiencing the same problem.
    Is it possible to save bank statements and add as an attachment to an e mail as the credit union said this would suffice?
    Any assistance would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Shinbin223,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear this.

Can you please delete your history on the device you are using and maybe try a different browser?

Do you have to supply the statements by paper or email?

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Shinbin223 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am just trying to get statements together for a small car loan application with the Credit Union. I can open my statements on PDF, but when I go to save them or download them "failed-network error" is what comes up. I've tried to do the same on two different laptops and a desktop and still experiencing the same problem.
    Is it possible to save bank statements and add as an attachment to an e mail as the credit union said this would suffice?
    I had the same problem last week. The only workaround I could find was to print them and then scan them back in as a pdf. Dont know if that's any use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭captainshamroc

Have the same problem. Tried different PC's, browsers, networks etc with no success. Spent ages on the phone with BOI with no success. As mentioned above, printing them out and scanning them back in was the only thing that worked although the quality is not as good as a true pdf download.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dynomutt

I had this problem too and got around it in Chrome by choosing "Print" and clicking on the "Change..." button under "Destination" to "Save as PDF". 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Dynomutt wrote:
    I had this problem too and got around it in Chrome by choosing "Print" and clicking on the "Change..." button under "Destination" to "Save as PDF".

Same approach I took recently. Poor from BOI if it is a problem for a multitude of their customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I just gad the same issue here - Not good to have the same issue lingering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi sticker,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

May we ask to explain further the difficulties you're having with the PDF version of your eStatements please?

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

Dynomutt wrote: »
    You are a wizard. This has saved me a lot of time, thank you!
    Hi sticker,

May we ask to explain further the difficulties you're having with the PDF version of your eStatements please?

Many Thanks
    Alison
    I am also having the same issue as the other posters here.
    When I click the link to view my statement it opens as usual in a new tab (Google Chrome), and is there in its entirety.
    However when trying to save the file (through both the download icon and 'Right Click>Save As methods' to my computer the only file option available is 'All Files'.
    This then saves the file in an unusable format.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Obviously BOI cant be bothered to fix this bug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Same issue here too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi fcleere,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

This sounds like it could be a setting on your browser. Can you please try downloading the estatements a different browser or amend the PDF document settings in Chrome. You should be able to locate this in More settings then Advanced Settings and in the content section under Privacy and Security.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

Same problem [snipped]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭Allinall

Guys

You were given the solution in Post #5.

It takes 2 seconds- much quicker than ranting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

Allinall wrote: »
    Guys

You were given the solution in Post #5.

It takes 2 seconds- much quicker than ranting here.
    That's a workaround not a solution.
    There is a bug on their side. I've tried and failed with different browsers and operating systems. They try and fob it off with "This sounds like it could be a setting on your browser."

If there is one bug there may be others.

Hello everyone.

I’m on a phone and printing via WiFi. There’s nothing else in this house I can use. This issue affects me too. The workaround is not an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

SeaSlacker wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

I’m on a phone and printing via WiFi. There’s nothing else in this house I can use. This issue affects me too. The workaround is not an option.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. Can I ask what is happening when you attempt to print out the statement and have you attempted this on an other browsers?

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pixie06SCK

Having the same issue here. I'm using the same browser I've used for the past year. I've previously been able to download statements without difficulty. I can download other documents and account statements from utility companies so cannot understand why in the past week I cannot download Bank of Ireland statements. There is obviously a glitch in the BOI system somewhere. Its highly unlikely all of your customers have begun having the same problem with their individual browsers.

Pixie06SCK wrote: »
    Having the same issue here. I'm using the same browser I've used for the past year. I've previously been able to download statements without difficulty. I can download other documents and account statements from utility companies so cannot understand why in the past week I cannot download Bank of Ireland statements. There is obviously a glitch in the BOI system somewhere. Its highly unlikely all of your customers have begun having the same problem with their individual browsers.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Can I ask what device you're attempting to log in on? Also if you can deleted any cached data and make sure you're not logging in through a link saved in your favourites.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭BlueSpud

Hi sticker,

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison,

I have this exact same issue, as do many others.  Did you try it yourself using chrome, does it work properly for you?  The problem is exactly as described in the earlier posts.

BlueSpud wrote: »
    Hi sticker,

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison,

I have this exact same issue, as do many others.  Did you try it yourself using chrome, does it work properly for you?  The problem is exactly as described in the earlier posts.

Can I ask what device you are using and if you have any PDF reader installed on the device that you have been using.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Shinbin223 wrote: »
    Hi,

Had the same issue. Just use chrome print to pdf

https://www.labnol.org/software/save-web-page-as-pdf/21153/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

This still an issue on the Bank's side
    I found that I couldnt save as PDF when I selected print but did find another way

Select Print, Change Destination to Save to Google Drive & that worked I just downloaded from there

Shame a Bank of this size still hasnt fixed this issue given the huge cost the Bank are charging to print statements, you'd almost think they've let this unfixed on purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ig_70

I use to have the same problem - trying to download from Chrome - but couldn't, had to do the workaround with print to PDF.
    To my surprise, from Internet Explorer it works just fine - maybe it's a problem with Chrome?
    I don't have any other browsers on my computer, so I cant comment on the others (Firefox, Opera...) or mobile browsers.

Anyway - I can confirm that downloading statements WORKS from Internet Explorer. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

God, Bank of Ireland are using Explorer as default, speaks volumes

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭BlueSpud

BlueSpud wrote: »
    Hi sticker,

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison,

Can I ask what device you are using and if you have any PDF reader installed on the device that you have been using.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.
    This is still a problem on Chrome, but works on IE.  I suspect that you could verify this yourself quite quickly and it appears to be a problem for many users and is going on a long time.

Advertisement