Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-01-2018, 20:39   #211
aidankkk

Cheltenham 4:10

The stepping up in trip experiment didn’t work for Dino Velvet. This is a much weaker race than the last couple he has competed in and of a lowly mark of 121 he surly has a great chance here. He has some solid course form and should be involved here. 14/1 is value

1 Point win 14/1 365/hills/vc
Advertisement
26-01-2018, 21:41   #212
jimjamcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidankkk
Hopefully we can draw a line under my huge gaff 3:35 Cheltenham I keep looking at this race coming to the same horse. Ex Patriot really has the look of a strong stayer, has some fairly eye-popping form already this year over shorter and will act on the ground. I think he will probably improve for the step up in trip. Even forgetting all that on actual ratings now he has very little to find with most of these. We also have to throw on a very good run last year in the Triumph Hurdle. 33/1 looks a fair few points too big. I normally wouldn’t go EW in this type of race but he is very consistent and will handle course and ground. He’s a 20/1 shot at most here.

Couldn't agree more. As you've said, has decent form both this year and last, we know he handles track and he could easily be open to improvement for trip.

He's priced on the fact he comes from an unfashionable Irish stable but given the race is full of unknowns he's more than worth a bet.

He was less than 3l behind Killultagh Vic giving 4lbs lto but if it was the Mullins horse lining up tomorrow he'd be sub 8/1 so 33s Ex Patriot screams value.
Thanks from:
26-01-2018, 22:19   #213
Whiplash85

As Usual threads on here get derailed by grown up children. You're doing a great job Aidan. Numbers speak for themselves. Naysayers pi$$ off.
26-01-2018, 22:29   #214
ballyargus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash85 View Post
As Usual threads on here get derailed by grown up children. You're doing a great job Aidan. Numbers speak for themselves. Naysayers pi$$ off.
Agreed. This is good information. Anyone splitting hairs over going a nosejob on a 33/1 rank outsider rather than EW needs to revise their betting strategy

Last edited by ballyargus; 26-01-2018 at 22:58.
Thanks from:
26-01-2018, 23:21   #215
BumperD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidankkk View Post
Hopefully we can draw a line under my huge gaff

3:35 Cheltenham

I keep looking at this race coming to the same horse. Ex Patriot really has the look of a strong stayer, has some fairly eye-popping form already this year over shorter and will act on the ground. I think he will probably improve for the step up in trip. Even forgetting all that on actual ratings now he has very little to find with most of these. We also have to throw on a very good run last year in the Triumph Hurdle. 33/1 looks a fair few points too big. I normally wouldn’t go EW in this type of race but he is very consistent and will handle course and ground. He’s a 20/1 shot at most here.

2 Points EW 33/1 ¼ place 365 1/5th betfair/sun/paddy/boyles
I’m following you on this price looks huge
Advertisement
27-01-2018, 10:33   #216
Peckham

Thanks. Stumbled across this thread and backed at 25/1. Hopefully it's one of your successful tips!
27-01-2018, 13:45   #217
Peintre Celebre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hernandez View Post
Fair play once again Aidan, as mentioned before me one of the best threads on boards.ie having followed for quite some time.

Don't need the negativity from the above poster!
Negativity? Come off it you gob****e i made a valid point there wasnt any negativity.

Good luck today aidan keep up the good work.
29-01-2018, 13:50   #218
aidankkk

Hereford 15:40
Firebird Flyer was just getting involved for us last time out in the Welsh National and ran reasonably well the time before. He shouldn’t be far away here if he is on a going day. 40/1 is very big in this race.
2 Points EW 40/1 sky/betfair/paddy/stan/vc
29-01-2018, 15:56   #219
Cherry_Cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidankkk View Post
Hereford 15:40
Firebird Flyer was just getting involved for us last time out in the Welsh National and ran reasonably well the time before. He shouldn’t be far away here if he is on a going day. 40/1 is very big in this race.
2 Points EW 40/1 sky/betfair/paddy/stan/vc
Had high hopes as that horse brought me lots of luck previously not to be today unfortunately.
Advertisement
31-01-2018, 20:12   #220
aidankkk

This Tread is now over after 100 bets. From just doing a quick to it looks poor enough at a 15 point profit.

Serious downturn at the start and finish.

I meant this to last a year and only have 40 bets which didn't work.

I hope to drastically reduce the number of bets from now on. If i look at the figures and bets for the last year, i really have to stick to the biggest races. Nearly all the big winners come in the best races (which is more fun obviously).

This the 12 of these treads on boards and 11 have made a profit. (just)

Ill be doing annual 2017 figures shortly and i'm not sure what way it will go.
31-01-2018, 20:18   #221
ballyargus

A pity. Thanks for the ride Aidan. Has been good fun. I look forward to your next set of picks.
31-01-2018, 20:26   #222
TheTorment

Thanks Aidan. I always enjoy your analysis and reasoning.

Ive had some memorable afternoons courtesy of your picks. Season highlights for me Wings of eagles and Splash of Ginge!!

Hopefully the new thread starts soon.....or maybe an antepost Cheltenham handicap yankee (wink wink nudge nudge)
(2) thanks from:
31-01-2018, 20:32   #223
Stheno

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTorment View Post
Thanks Aidan. I always enjoy your analysis and reasoning.

Ive had some memorable afternoons courtesy of your picks. Season highlights for me Wings of eagles and Splash of Ginge!!

Hopefully the new thread starts soon.....or maybe an antepost Cheltenham handicap yankee (wink wink nudge nudge)
Hah splash of ginge! That was great
31-01-2018, 20:35   #224
James Bond Junior

Dipped in and out of this but I am going to be far more disciplined in following amd keeping the point system strict. Still and all I have seen a nice few bob out of it. Thanks, Aidan. Havent been doing much on the horses myself in the last while so was good to keep the interest simmering at least.
31-01-2018, 22:39   #225
stretchaq

Fantastic read as always Aidan

Many thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size