Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POTW 395: 9/12/17 - 15/12/17

Options
  • 13-01-2018 2:00pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

Judge
    38079853045_6e2cd638f9_c.jpg

HONOURABLE MENTIONS:

.Longshanks.
    24161928407_8b4fd5165f_c.jpg

Adrian.Sadlier
    39016137161_493da4b834_c.jpg

humberklog
    36980404873_795082aa23_z.jpg

Wailin [=]
    24547999428_cd80986c04_b.jpg

Portlawslim [=]
    38016139035_b2dcc0ede4_c.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS Judge.
    WELL DONE HMs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

A nice one of Hawkins House. What time were you there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

I really enjoy these POTW threads - but it would be great if people would state camera, aperture, shutterspeed, ISO, and maybe a word or two about any PP done? To answer the automatic question 'how did he/she take that?'. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

A nice one of Hawkins House. What time were you there?

I think the process is the important element

See post 88 here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057672490&page=6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

brownian wrote: »
    I really enjoy these POTW threads - but it would be great if people would state camera, aperture, shutterspeed, ISO, and maybe a word or two about any PP done? To answer the automatic question 'how did he/she take that?'. ?

If you go to thread title dates in the Random Photo thread you'll find the original posts usually over a couple of pages. 99% of the time each photo is linked to its Flickr original where you'll find the camera, ISO etc. As for PP/equipment/filters etc you could ask here or in the comments thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Really chuffed with the HM, Well done Judge on POTW and the rest of the HM's!

• Advertisement

keps wrote: »
    I think the process is the important element

See post 88 here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057672490&page=6

I work in the building....but don't tell anyone a civil servant works or I'll be exposed;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

I work in the building....but don't tell anyone a civil servant works or I'll be exposed;)

A working civil servant - Wow. That's nearly as rare as an honest politician!

A working civil servant - Wow. That's nearly as rare as an honest politician!

The stories I could tell but the official secrets act prevents me from telling them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Judge

Been on a bit of a break so only seen this now. Thanks everyone for the likes. Well done to all the HMs as well - some lovely work on display there.

Advertisement