Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus signs new contract tender with DAF

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

DAF don't make buses; the company that owns the DAF franchise here does own the VDL franchise also (the former DAF bus division) but I'd assume they'd use VDL branding then.

Also, the NTA would be signing that contract, not DB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

While i have yet to travel on a VDL coach they are very impressive on the outside.

My Memories of DAF's on city service are the AD's in Dublin Bus and the DA's in Cork.

Both very comfortable and powerful machines in their days.

The majority of the DB AD class transferred to Bus Eireann and went on schools where they aged very badly before being withdrawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bren11

BE have some VDL doubledeckers.

Advertisement