Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Water Refunds information

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Irish Water: Micheal

Trevs369 wrote: »
    Hi, I just wish to inform you that I have been trying to call your helpline as to change my details on my property. The phone is sounding like it doesn't exist when I call the 01-707 number. As I am out of the country I cannot access the 1850 number. Can you advise me what I should do. It seems I cannot access anything. 
    Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

We are very sorry, our Billing Department is currently experiencing high call volumes.

You can manage your account online and update your address by visiting our website here. Alternatively, if you DM us the following details, we will be more than happy to assist:

- Supply address
    - Account number
    - Name on account

Kind regards,
    Micheal

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Willos78

Hi,
    I have moved house since paying my Bill, I cannot find my old bill so i don't have my WPRN or account number required to change my details. What should I do? I have tried calling be only getting an automated message.

Willos78 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have moved house since paying my Bill, I cannot find my old bill so i don't have my WPRN or account number required to change my details. What should I do? I have tried calling be only getting an automated message.

Hi Willos78,

Thanks for your message.

Please PM us the following details and we will be more than happy to assist:

- Supply address
    - Contact number
    - Name on account

Kind regards,
    Micheal

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

hello Michael,
    My mother has died and her house has been sold,how do i receive refund for her
    Thanking you,
    Ninty

ninty wrote: »
    hello Michael,
    My mother has died and her house has been sold,how do i receive refund for her
    Thanking you,
    Ninty
    Hi there,

Thanks for your message and we are very sorry for your loss.

The executor of the estate can contact us on 1850 448 448 in order to update the account details to process the refund. Our lines are open from 9am until 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.

Kind regards,
    Micheal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 DanielS35

Hi DanielS35,
    DanielS35 wrote: »
    Hello,

we needed to pay for the water when we were moving out and in as landlord/agency required it - unlawful imo.
    We lost some e200 or more in this fraudulent scheme.

I tried to sign in or register with the account no. and wprn that's on the invoice but all I get is info:
    No premises found for this WPRN and account number combination

We want our money back so please advise.

Thank you
    Dan
    If you PM the following details, we can follow up on this for you:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number; and
    - Confirm if you are the named account holder.

If you would like to update your correspondence address in order to receive your refund cheque to your current address, you can call 1850 448 448 between 9am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.

Thanks,
    Mairead
    Hello Mairead,

thanks for quick reply. I sent PM. 

Best,
    Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Hi

I also sent a PM, had trouble getting through on the phone lines last week. Would someone be able to help?

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep Irish Water: Louise

Hi Pink11,
    Pink11 wrote: »
    Hi

I also sent a PM, had trouble getting through on the phone lines last week. Would someone be able to help?
    Thank you for your message.

A member of our team will respond to you via PM.

Kind regards,
    Louise

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TwoCats

I've tried using the refund calculator but I'm getting the message

'We cannot find an account with the details you have provided. This could be because;
    • There is an error in the details you entered
    • The WPRN and Account Number do not match'
    [*]

The details are definitely correct, I got them from your website.

Also, I'm not sure if it's related but all our bills and payments related to our old house; we moved last december. Our account has changed to show our new address but all the bills and payments for the old house have gone from my account. Is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Irish Water: Mairead

Hi TwoCats,
    TwoCats wrote: »
    I've tried using the refund calculator but I'm getting the message

'We cannot find an account with the details you have provided. This could be because;
    • There is an error in the details you entered
    • The WPRN and Account Number do not match'
      The details are definitely correct, I got them from your website.
    Also, I'm not sure if it's related but all our bills and payments related to our old house; we moved last december. Our account has changed to show our new address but all the bills and payments for the old house have gone from my account. Is that correct?

Thanks for getting in touch.
    If you can provide the following details by PM, we can follow up on this for you:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Account Number; and
    - WPRN.

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 carlotto

Dear Mairead,

I have the same problem, I have moved house since paying my Bill, I cannot find my old bill so i don't have my WPRN or account number required to change my details. I have my username and password, but it is impossible to login on My Water.

If I had to send a PM, what is the email address?

Thank you in advance,
    Carlo

Hi carlotto,
    carlotto wrote: »
    Dear Mairead,

I have the same problem, I have moved house since paying my Bill, I cannot find my old bill so i don't have my WPRN or account number required to change my details. I have my username and password, but it is impossible to login on My Water.

If I had to send a PM, what is the email address?

Thank you in advance,
    Carlo
    If you PM your account details, we can follow up on this for you.

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Hi,

I PM'd a member of your team two weeks ago but no reply. Can you please follow up?

Thanks!

Hi,

I PM'd a member of your team two weeks ago but no reply. Can you please follow up?

Thanks!
    Hi thunderbolt,

We're very sorry for the inconvenience.

A member of our team will respond to you shortly with an update.

Kind regards,
    Micheal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭billyhead

When do people expect to get their refund in the post. If you don't receive it by a certain date should Irish water be contacted?

billyhead wrote: »
    When do people expect to get their refund in the post. If you don't receive it by a certain date should Irish water be contacted?
    Hi billyhead,

Thanks for your message.

To find out how much you are due to receive in your refund and when this is expected to arrive, you can visit our website here to view our Refund Calculator.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Micheal

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oksanija

Hi, i moved out from the address i paid water charges.

But i don't have my bills now. 

How i can get refund?

Hi oksanija,
    oksanija wrote: »
    Hi, i moved out from the address i paid water charges.

But i don't have my bills now. 

How i can get refund?
    If you have not already informed us about your move and updated your account, please PM the following details associated with your account:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number; and
    - Email address associated with your account.

Thanks,
    Mairead

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Hi, I have received my refund check, from AIB, can I cash it it in at BOI? 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Poncke wrote: »
    Any bank will accept a chequ from another bank .

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 254 Verified rep Irish Water: Agata

Poncke wrote: »
    Hi Poncke,

We are glad to see your query has been answered.:)

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Kind regards,
    Agata

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I moved address since the water charges. I changed my address online on my account. Is this enough to get the refund to my new address?

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I moved address since the water charges. I changed my address online on my account. Is this enough to get the refund to my new address?
    Hi,

If you changed your correspondence address online, this will be enough. Your refund will be send to that address.:)

Regards,
    Agata

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mypost2

Hi,
    I would like to get a refund from Irish Water but I need WPRN and account number. I lost all of my bills so I cant register. Where can i get my details to get a refund?
    Thank you for your answer

mypost2 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I would like to get a refund from Irish Water but I need WPRN and account number. I lost all of my bills so I cant register. Where can i get my details to get a refund?
    Thank you for your answer
    Hi mypost2,

Thank you for your message.

If you have not already informed us about your move and updated your account, please provide the following details via PM:

- Old Address;
    - Previous proof of payment
    - Type of payment made
    - Contact number; and
    - Email address associated with your account.

Regards,
    Agata

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi guys-

I've not received anything whatsoever from Irish Water (thus far).
    Is there a problem?

Also- I'd be grateful if you could refund the money to the bank account from which I made the payments- I don't use cheques anymore, and I don't want the hassle of dealing with multiple cheques (for different properties- I paid the charges for several of my siblings, all of whom are abroad).

Please advise what is happening- as it seems some people have received refunds, but I certainly have not.

Regards etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Why should we have to provide proof of payment made? Surely Irish Water should have a record of all payments made! I’m having problems locating my old account number for a second property that was wiped from the system as soon as I paid it when I sold it. To be honest I’m starting to feel like I’m starting to jump through hoops. If you provide an address and date can they not see on their records that the fee was paid? Unfortunately I never received a receipt of payment.

Hi guys-

I've not received anything whatsoever from Irish Water (thus far).
    Is there a problem?

Also- I'd be grateful if you could refund the money to the bank account from which I made the payments- I don't use cheques anymore, and I don't want the hassle of dealing with multiple cheques (for different properties- I paid the charges for several of my siblings, all of whom are abroad).

Please advise what is happening- as it seems some people have received refunds, but I certainly have not.

Regards etc.
    Hi,

The legislation to refund Domestic Water Charges has now passed and refunds have begun to be issued from 20 November. You can use our refund calculator here to find out how much you are due and when to expect the cheque.

Refunds are being issued by cheque only. We want to refund our customers efficiently and securely within the timeframe given. Cheques are the most effective method available to do this while also ensuring we refund to the correct person.

Regards,
    Agata

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Cheques are a pain in the hole. Can you not just simply return the payment to the account it was taken from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

misschoo wrote: »
    Why should we have to provide proof of payment made? Surely Irish Water should have a record of all payments made! I’m having problems locating my old account number for a second property that was wiped from the system as soon as I paid it when I sold it. To be honest I’m starting to feel like I’m starting to jump through hoops. If you provide an address and date can they not see on their records that the fee was paid? Unfortunately I never received a receipt of payment.
    Maybe read the context of the post. The poster has no details, therefore to confirm the poster is telling the truth and is who that they say they are, information must be provided.

Quite simple to understand when you read what was being answered.

If you have no details, no bills, no paperwork, then because you can't be bothered to keep very basic records, you need to simply provide a little info.

Of course, there's no obligation to provide this if you wish to forego the refund.      

Advertisement