Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Water Refunds information

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Hi,

I'm in a similar situation, having sold my house, but need to change to my account to my new address to get payment.

I can login to My IW account, and can see that I can change my address under Manage Personal Details.
    Is this the location of the "Correspondence Address" referred to in replies on this thread?

Thanks,
    Cormac

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tsvet

Hi,
    My husband tried to register online for mywater to update our address but when he puts in the account number and WPRN it says No premises found for this WPRN and account number combination.
    My husband who is the account holder is abroad and can't call in to make any changes. What should we do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Irish Water: Siobhan

Hi spurscormac,
    I can login to My IW account, and can see that I can change my address under Manage Personal Details.
    Is this the location of the "Correspondence Address" referred to in replies on this thread?
    That's correct - you will be able to update your correspondence address in that section.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

Hi tsvet,
    tsvet wrote: »
    My husband who is the account holder is abroad and can't call in to make any changes. What should we do?
    Thanks for your query.

As your husband is the account holder, and for Data Protection reasons, he will need to contact us directly. Our international phone number is +353 1 707 2828 and is open from 9am until 5:30pm, from Monday to Friday.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Hi,

I moved house in 2015. I had paid a few water bills on the old property and then paid a few at my new property.

Will I be refunded everything I paid on both properties or just on my current one?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Hi doubledown,

Thanks for your query.

You will be refunded the full amount you paid at each property, as the payment history remains with the individual account. As you would have kept the same account number when you moved properties, the refund cheque will be issued to the updated correspondence address that is attached to the account.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Hi doubledown,

Thanks for your query.

You will be refunded the full amount you paid at each property, as the payment history remains with the individual account. As you would have kept the same account number when you moved properties, the refund cheque will be issued to the updated correspondence address that is attached to the account.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan
    Thanks Siobhan. Good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fearmhor18

Hi,

I was renting a property but the IW account was in the landlords name. Paid and have email receipts of payments via mybills.ie. Will I need to contact landlord directly to receive refund from them or can IW take the payments I made only (with proof of payment/identity) and send directly to me and my new address?

Hi fearmhor18,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you made payments indirectly through the account holder, in this case your landlord, you will need to engage with them on the refund. We are obliged to make payments to the named account holder and they are the only person we can engage with.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SD17

Hi,

I had paid the charges through direct debt but then cancelled the direct debt and it looks like I deactivated my IW account. When I try to log into the IW site now I get the message "This account is deactivated.". Does this mean that I will not be able to get the refund as my information is no longer on file?

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Hi SD17,

You should still receive your refund, but we will be happy to investigate this further for you.

Would you mind sending us a PM with the following information:

- Full Name;
    - Supply Address;
    - Email Address
    - WPRN
    - Account Number

Thanks in advance. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coldplayer90

Hi,
    Can the account holder add another person to the account? So the cheque will be issued to both names?
    Best regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rose90

Hi,
    We lost all our invoice letters after moving to a new address. My husband would now like to register online to update our address but don't remember the account number and wprn. Is there any way we can retrieve them?

Thanks,
    Rose

Hi coldplayer90,
    Hi,
    Can the account holder add another person to the account? So the cheque will be issued to both names?
    Best regards.
    Thank you for getting in touch.

You can add another person to your account, but for Data Protection reasons this process must be carried out over the phone, with both persons present.

You will need to contact our Billing Department on 1850 448 448. The lines are open Monday to Friday, from 9am until 5:30pm.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

Hi Rose90,
    Rose90 wrote: »
    Hi,
    We lost all our invoice letters after moving to a new address. My husband would now like to register online to update our address but don't remember the account number and wprn. Is there any way we can retrieve them?

Thanks,
    Rose
    Thank you for your query.

If you are unable to locate your WPRN or Account Number you will need to contact our Billing Department on 1850 448 448 in order to complete additional security requirements. Our team will then be able to provide this information and process your account update. The lines are open from Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5:30pm.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mr3673

Hi,
    It's been more than 1 year that I closed down my account on Irish Water and I can't get to my account page now to see my paid bills. (my shutdown account credentials don't work) I have my WPRN and account number with me but my current address is not subscribed on myself for water.
    How can I reach, edit my address just for refund and claim for it?
    Thanks,
    Emre

Hi mr3673,

If you've moved out of your property and would like to update your correspondence address for your refund, we will be happy to assist you.

Would you mind sending us a PM with the following information:

- Full Name
    - Supply Address
    - WPRN and/or Account Number

Can you also provide your new correspondence address.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Siobhan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Might sound like a silly question, but here goes...

We have paid every Irish Water bill.  Being from the UK, the water bill didn't present a problem to me as I am used to paying for water.

How does/will IW differentiate between those who should have paid and have not and those who have?  I know people who have not paid, never have paid, are proud of the fact they never paid yet expect to receive a 'refund'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

We have paid every Irish Water bill.  Being from the UK, the water bill didn't present a problem to me as I am used to paying for water.

How does/will IW differentiate between those who should have paid and have not and those who have?  I know people who have not paid, never have paid, are proud of the fact they never paid yet expect to receive a 'refund'!!
     does/will IW differentiate between those who should have paid and have not and those who have? 

I'm not Irish Water but it's as simple as if they never paid there's nothing to refund...!! 

Every account is linked to an individual and that individual has a bill for each period and balance for each period and that balance was either paid or not paid by the individual. If someone paid then refunds for the amount paid will be issued if someone has not paid there's nothing to be refunded. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

does/will IW differentiate between those who should have paid and have not and those who have? 

I'm not Irish Water but it's as simple as if they never paid there's nothing to refund...!! 

Every account is linked to an individual and that individual has a bill for each period and balance for each period and that balance was either paid or not paid by the individual. If someone paid then refunds for the amount paid will be issued if someone has not paid there's nothing to be refunded. 

You would think so. But that is not what I hear. I'll wait for the reps' reply, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

You would think so. But that is not what I hear. I'll wait for the reps' reply, thanks.
    Old saying "Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Irish Water: Micheal

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

Refunds will only be issued to account holders who made payments on any bills issued during the billing period. For more information on refunds, you may wish to visit our website wtr.ie/refunds.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you have any further queries.

Kind regards,
    Micheal

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Trevs369

Hi I moved from my property back in 2015. I had been paying the charges up until i left. I am the owner of the house and had it rented to tenants since I moved. I have tried changing my details on my account but no longer cab access the account. I tried calling to. What do you suggest?

Hi Trevs369,

Thanks for your message.

Please contact our Billing Department on 1850 448 448 between 9am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, and a member of our team will be more than happy to assist you with this query.

If possible, please provide your account number and WPRN in advance of contacting. This department is experiencing high call volumes at the moment and we would like to thank you for your patience in advance.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you have any further queries.

Kind regards,
    Micheal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

Hello,

Can you PM me regarding refunds and change of address? I am phoning the overseas number from abroad and getting no answer.

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

We are sorry to read that you are experiencing delays getting through to our international lines. Our Billing Department is currently experiencing high call volumes in relation to refunds.

If you PM us the following details, we will be more than happy to assist with your query:

- Account number
    - Name on the account
    - Supply address
    - WPRN

Kind regards,
    Micheal

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Hi we moved to a new address. I just went into our Irish Water account and updated our new address for correspondence in the "personal details" section.
    Do we have to do anything else now (ie. phone yee as well) or will this suffice in processing refund correctly

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Hi we moved to a new address. I just went into our Irish Water account and updated our new address for correspondence in the "personal details" section.
    Do we have to do anything else now (ie. phone yee as well) or will this suffice in processing refund correctly
    Hi jmorrisey,

Thank you for your message.

There are no further steps required in order to receive your refund. Your new correspondence address will update on our systems shortly and you will receive your refund by cheque in due course.

Please let us know if you any further queries.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,
    Micheal

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

Hi there, can I send you my details as I can't get through over the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Trevs369

Hi, I just wish to inform you that I have been trying to call your helpline as to change my details on my property. The phone is sounding like it doesn't exist when I call the 01-707 number. As I am out of the country I cannot access the 1850 number. Can you advise me what I should do. It seems I cannot access anything. 

Advertisement