Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

08 Galaxy radio upgrade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MobileAudio

I would recommend going for a branded item over one of those units. They can be very glitchy and the build quality can be horrendous.

Plenty of options available from Pioneer, Sony, Alpine, JVC, Kenwood etc that will far outperform the cheap units and feel much nicer to use also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Sorry to hijack thread but I'm after installing an after market Android unit into an 06 Galaxy.

All grand apart from I haven't a notion how to get the steering wheel volume / scan thing to work.

The unit came with a black box unit which I assume is a cam bus but I don't know how to wire it.

Any dummy guides around?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Where did you buy it? Ask them.

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Where did you buy it? Ask them.

I did but got standard reply.
    That's why I'm here ðŸ˜

"units don’t come with a fitting manual as they are different for all cars - these are to be fitted by a trained car mechanic or professional. "

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

In that case I'd be contacting my car mechanic or professional car-radio installer.

• Advertisement

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    In that case I'd be contacting my car mechanic or professional car-radio installer.

You've been a great help.
    Thank you so much.

Advertisement