Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Would you be ok with white Irish becoming a minority?

• Site Banned Posts: 96 ✭✭Sven Hassel

It might, the post apartheid era has been wasted in many respects.

By the way you do know your chosen user name was a almost certainly a fraud and probably a collaborator with Germany during WW2?

It has for sure. And for what it's worth, I belive it was wrong for whites to colonise Africa.

Yep. I've done some reading on Sven. Still I like his books, good blood and guts war stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,787 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Are you implying Sven is a racist? Personally, I think that's out of order

He doesnt want black neighbours. Hardly out of order. It's clear racism.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Are you implying Sven is a racist? Personally, I think that's out of order

It doesn't bother me. The term 'racist' has been overused to such a degree that it has been stripped of it's power.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Someone should have told all the whites who went to southern Africa in the 19th century and stayed and then persecuted the native population.
    Hell, yes actually, someone bloody well should have. They were royally fcuked over by the White man, White immigration and European empire building and now they're about to be/are getting royally fcuked over by the Yellow man, Yellow immigration and Chinese empire building.

Only the other day I was watching a Tube video about how the South African government have increased the limit on the export of lion bones. Yeah, lion bones. Because there are enough retarded Chinese morons who think they're a good substitute for tiger bones in what passes for their "traditional medicine" and "saving face" in business deals. So some dribbling small dicked fat arse in Beijing who can't get it up for his overbearing mistress(his wife having long given up on him) is willing to pay large sums for the deaths of rhinos, great apes, tigers and lions and a few muppets in local government want to keep that greasy till ringing? Fcuk that noise.

If I were an African in those regions affected by this muppetry I'd be close enough to taking up arms to force the interlopers out. Hell I'd be cocking the bolt and chambering a round and would urge them to do so. To take their nation and culture back from the brink. A brink Africans are only too well experienced of falling over because of outside interference.

Multiculturalism? Go ask African folks of their experience of the bullsh1t that it is. You'll look long and hard to find the equivalent Tanzanian happy to go on about "diversity" and "Wow Emeka, there's this great Chinese restaurant that just opened up, diversity yah".

Incorrect. I wouldn't have an issue living next door to a black man provided he was here legally, contributing to our society.

I want our country to always be majority white Irish. What's wrong with that? I'd say it's the same all over the world. Just part of being human. We are tribal beings in nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Honestly I don't think he said those words, you're misinterpreting what he is saying, but calling someone racist is a serious accusation, especially from a position of supposed authority

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Incorrect. I wouldn't have an issue living next door to black provided he was here legally, contributing to our society.

I want our country to always be majority white Irish. What's wrong with that? I'd say it's the same all over the world. Just part of being human. We are tribal beings in nature.

Well you can stop worrying, you're not going to be a minority in Ireland during your lifetime. It may be different in a couple of 100 years down the line but that's humanity for you, demographs change. People migrate. Just like how Australia and NZ are predominantly white countries now but weren't 300 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Uboat

NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

People migrate. Just like how Australia and NZ are predominantly white countries now but weren't 300 years ago.

Do you think it was right for Great Britain to invade those countries and subjugate the indigenous peoples there?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Hasschu

The Irish are mongrels composed of everything that washed up on shore in the past 6,000 years or so. The Celts are but a small part of the mix. Whatever shows up becomes an indistinguishable part of the Irish stew over 200 years or so. The Northern Irish settlers walk like ducks, talk like ducks and look like ducks so both sides resort to religion as part of the gross exaggeration of minor differences practiced by all the Irish ducks North and South. Most of you have heard the phrase "Yere a disgrace to yere feckin race." used usually by middle aged Irish women. I have taken that to mean that a lot of Irish people believe there is such a thing as the Irish race. In truth we are part of the European cocktail mix and the sooner we start learning French, German, Italian, Spanish the sooner we will be able to participate in Europe as we have in Canada, USA, NZ, Australia, Argentina, Chile and yes even England.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Do you think it was right for Great Britain to invade those countries and subjugate the indigenous peoples there?

I don't know, but if they didn't someone else would.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

I don't know, but if they didn't someone else would.

Well that's alright then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

It's sad this Is even a topic of discussion really.

Hell ****ing no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Hasschu wrote: »
    The Irish are mongrels composed of everything that washed up on shore in the past 6,000 years or so. The Celts are but a small part of the mix. Whatever shows up becomes an indistinguishable part of the Irish stew over 200 years or so. The Northern Irish settlers walk like ducks, talk like ducks and look like ducks so both sides resort to religion as part of the gross exaggeration of minor differences practiced by all the Irish ducks North and South. Most of you have heard the phrase "Yere a disgrace to yere feckin race." used usually by middle aged Irish women. I have taken that to mean that a lot of Irish people believe there is such a thing as the Irish race. In truth we are part of the European cocktail mix and the sooner we start learning French, German, Italian, Spanish the sooner we will be able to participate in Europe as we have in Canada, USA, NZ, Australia, Argentina, Chile and yes even England.

If only you'd been around during the Treaty of Versailles you could have said "sure lads, come on, why'd you need borders at all, like?"

Also you need to talk to the New IRA pronto and tell them they are just like their Unionist duck brethren.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,787 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Honestly I don't think he said those words, you're misinterpreting what he is saying, but calling someone racist is a serious accusation, especially from a position of supposed authority

Feel free to report my posts. No authority here. Just an ordinary poster.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Feel free to report me

I'd never report anyone, just pointing out your clear error in falsely accusing someone of racism, attributing words to them they didn't use. It's defamation

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

On the bright side we won't need to go abroad on holidays anymore as everywhere will look the same across Europe soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

rachb wrote: »
    No town in any country should become a minority in their race!
    Why not? Why does race mean so much to people? It's possible to look beyond race and skin colour. Most people do thankfully.

And some humans are evidently more evolved than others.
    It's sad this Is even a topic of discussion really.

Hell ****ing no.
    It's very sad. But at least it is revealing the true beliefs and views of people, which were allowed to remain hidden and dormant before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Over 1,000 Brazilians in Gort at one stage and Galway United are awful. Not a footballer among them

We got the dregs :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I'd never report anyone, just pointing out your clear error in falsely accusing someone of racism, attributing words to them they didn't use. It's defamation

I have this^ problem in another thread, but the mods do nothing!

Getting back to this topic; I think immigration is to be welcomed, but only if its controlled and spread throughout a population, (instead of being highly concentrated in one town or one area).
    Gentle blending can be a great asset to any town or society I think.

Ah it's not really, let's get a grip.

I'm not gonna read back an analyse every post, but it's an argument about race on an anonymous forum. If there was technically a defamation because newly registered "Sven Hassel" was identifiable and his dislike of Muslims was more, say, antipathy than racism, maybe he'd win a cent.

It's as defamatory or not as you or others accusing people of being "PC".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

If the white Irish were to become a minority in Kerry we might rid ourselves of the backwoodsmen voting for the Healey Raes

I'd say they'd represent them admirably and still romp in on the first count.

It'd make those so angry about their own TDs that they whine about the HRs and Kerry on other threads even angrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Ah it's not really, let's get a grip.

I'm not gonna read back an analyse every post, but it's an argument about race on an anonymous forum. If there was technically a defamation because newly registered "Sven Hassel" was identifiable and his dislike of Muslims was more, say, antipathy than racism, maybe he'd win a cent.

It's as defamatory or not as you or others accusing people of being "PC".

The idea that not wanting to become a minority in your own country is racist is in fact a rewriting of the term racism. Were we to apply it to the 19C Americas then the native Americans were racist and the Europeans just immigrants.

Do he may be "xenophobic" but he isn't racist. Not that xenophobia isn't a problematic term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

No clearly desperately twisting the persons words and not even covertly. to try smear the discussion from the pros or cons of the original post as was being discussed. to judge the character of the person instead . Only a half wit would not see it.Basically the guy could of said his last two girlfriends were not Irish and joey would of said" ah oh so you are trying to screw immigrants. I knew it, You Racist."

Relax Anne it's a forum let him sling mud. Besides pressing charges would be pointless. It's not like it would stand up in a court of law. due to the defendants diminished mental capability. They wouldn't be fit to stand trial.

Joey's name unfortunately isn't ironic. He just has repetitive words he can prattle off when he runs out of any worthwhile thought to add to the discussion.

See joey? What happens to a discussion when you attack the other person and not the actual argument. This is why you don't. And As a mod you should be well versed on how that ruins debate.

I got to say. Looking at the poll. The people arguing that they wouldn't mind being in the minority have got their wishes.well kind of. So it's sort of win win no? :D

No clearly desperately twisting the persons words and not even covertly. to try smear the discussion from the pros or cons of the original post as was being discussed. to judge the character of the person instead . Only a half wit would not see it.Basically the guy could of said his last two girlfriends were not Irish and joey would of said" ah oh so you are trying to screw immigrants. I knew it, You Racist."

Relax Anne it's a forum let him sling mud. Besides pressing charges would be pointless. It's not like it would stand up in a court of law. due to the defendants diminished mental capability. They wouldn't be fit to stand trial.

Joey's name unfortunately isn't ironic. He just has repetitive words he can prattle off when he runs out of any worthwhile thought to add to the discussion.

See joey? What happens to a discussion when you attack the other person and not the actual argument. This is why you don't. And As a mod you should be well versed on how that ruins debate.

My Lord, someone is taking it all a bit seriously! Come away from him Anne, he's not worth it.

Glad to hear you won't press charges. Wouldn't want any Garda to get a stroke from laughing when taking the statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

My Lord, someone is taking it all a bit seriously! Come away from him Anne, he's not worth it.

Glad to hear you won't press charges. Wouldn't want any Garda to get a stroke from laughing when taking the statement.

Haha oh dear god Conor. I really don't know what to say to you :D it's sunday I'll hope to god you are hungover.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Hahaha..... racists always mention their black best friend

Mod: Ad hominems like this are unacceptable, suggestive or not. Cut it out. Attack the post, not the poster.

To everyone else, Joey is regular user in After Hours so his status as mod is moot.

LordSutch wrote: »
    I have this^ problem in another thread, but the mods do nothing!

Mod: Do not discuss mod actions on thread. You've been around long enough to know this. If you have a problem with mod actions, either PM a mod or CMod

I got to say. Looking at the poll. The people arguing that they wouldn't mind being in the minority have got their wishes.well kind of. So it's sort of win win no? :D

Mod: Again, attack the post and not the poster.

Thread reopened. Do try to play nice. It's Sunday.