Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bus from Dublin to Cork city late at night

• 10-11-2016 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello, I have a question for you all.
    I land at the Dublin airport at 11.40 PM on 1st January 2017. Taking into account that there will be the luggage check and passport control and maybe the flight will delay a little bit, let's say I will be out of the airport at 1 AM. I know its' perhaps too much but I want to take it easy.

So, my question is: there are any buses from Dublin airport that takes you up to Cork city at 1 AM?
    i refer to the night before the 1st and the 2nd Jan!
    I should go back to work in the afternoon on the 2nd in cork city.

As an alternative, what if I wait in the airport and then in the morning of the 2nd Jan (for instance at 7 o'clock AM) I take the bus (Aircoach) leads me to Cork city. The journey should last more or less 3 hours so I would stay in cork city at round 10,15 AM and then in afternoon i can get back to work.

Is it sure that buses run in the morning of the 2nd Jan?? Or they don't work? lol

Thanks and sorry for the question but I'm a little bit worried.

P.S - whats the difference between aircoach and buseirenn??

Thanks again
    irelandnewbie
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

There's an Aircoach at 12:30 that you should make if the flight gets in on time.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Aircoach is non stop from Dublin to Cork and Bus Eireann stops in a few places so takes 45 minutes longer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Bear in mind 1st and 2nd of January are bank holidays. Check Bus Eireann's and Aircoach's websites for timing of buses and then ring them to double check that they will be the same on 1st and 2nd Jan just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 irelandnewbie

Hi,
    Thank you all for your answers. I rang up the Aircoach customer service and they told me that they run normally except on Christmas day. So, I am fine.

Just one more question related to buses from Cork to Dublin.
    Is "GoBe" better than "Aircoach"? I saw that GoBe buses run from Parnell Place while Aircoach from St Patrick's Quay which is actually by the river next to St Patrick's Street Bridge. I remember that when I arrived in Cork city, the bus got off at St Patrick's Quay. So, if I wanted to go back to Dublin airport, should I go always at St Patrick's Quay?

Moreover, which one do you prefer and/or do you think it is better? From Parnell Place or from St Patrick's Quay?

Thank you,
    irelandnewbie

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Hi,
    Thank you all for your answers. I rang up the Aircoach customer service and they told me that they run normally except on Christmas day. So, I am fine.

Is "GoBe" better than "Aircoach"? I saw that GoBe buses run from Parnell Place while Aircoach from St Patrick's Quay which is actually by the river next to St Patrick's Street Bridge. I remember that when I arrived in Cork city, the bus got off at St Patrick's Quay. So, if I wanted to go back to Dublin airport, should I go always at St Patrick's Quay?

Moreover, which one do you prefer and/or do you think it is better? From Parnell Place or from St Patrick's Quay?

Thank you,
    irelandnewbie

Go with aircoach -go be are crap.yes patricks quay for aircoach at all times

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thank you,
    irelandnewbie

Depends what is more important to you.

GoBe will be a little less crowded and you will be able to get on/off at the bus station at either ends which is under cover rather than on a city centre street like with Aircoach, but on the other hand Aircoach is much more frequent with earlier and later services and up to €4 cheaper than GoBE

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Aircoach are going every half hour from Cork in the next few weeks so I would recommend them based on this fact.

I get the service every week for college and it works a treat.

I haven't seen anything official to say that, I have heard it rumoured but the trouble with rumour is that they are more often than not complete fabrication, I think you should make your decision without relying on such things which may never happen.

Aircoach is much more frequent with earlier and later services and up to €4 cheaper than GoBE

I do not really understand this statement. How is it possible that Aircoach is up to 4 EUR cheaper than GoBe?
    If you have a look at the two official websites you will see that Gobe is cheaper than Aircoach.

For instance, a one-way ticket, single person from Cork city to Dublin Airport on 22nd Dec.
    Aircoach = 18,70 EUR
    GoBe = 18 EUR

Thus, it is the other way round. GoBe is cheaper. Only for 70c!
    Am I wrong?

Thank you.

I do not really understand this statement. How is it possible that Aircoach is up to 4 EUR cheaper than GoBe?

Aircoach IS up to €4 cheaper from city to city than GoBE. Aircoach Fares start at €10 online and GoBE start at €14. GoBE is flat rate and Aircoach goes up depending on seats that are free. Hence why I used "UP TO" in my post. I got a little confused if you were talking about Dublin City/Airport because the title doesn't mention airport - sorry!
    If you have a look at the two official websites you will see that Gobe is cheaper than Aircoach. For instance, a one-way ticket, single person from Cork city to Dublin Airport on 22nd Dec.

On city to city the highest Aircoach online fare is €12, this week most fares are €12 with a few €11 and the odd €10, next week most appear to be €11 with the odd €12 and €10, the week after they appear to be mostly €10 with the odd €11. Essentially the earlier you book and the less busy the coach the cheaper the fare. Either way, it's still between €2-€4 cheaper than GoBE for city to city. I will admit that there are far closer prices on Dublin Airport - Cork City and it is on these occasions where sometimes GoBE is cheaper.

However GoBE are operating half the amount of airport services that Aircoach are over the course of a day, with no early arrivals to the airport or very late departures from it which substantially lowers their costs for airport runs vs an operator who operates twice the frequency to the airport even when sometimes it may not pay them to do so. The problem with GoBE is they are useless for a early flight or a late arrival as well.

• Advertisement

The thread is actually from Dublin Airport to Cork city and vice versa.
    I never mentioned Dublin city.

Thank you for your clarifications, though. Appreciate that.

The thread is actually from Dublin Airport to Cork city and vice versa.
    I never mentioned Dublin city.

Thank you for your clarifications, though. Appreciate that.

Sorry - I got confused since the thread title mentions Dublin to Cork city.

Advertisement