Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-06-2016, 18:56   #16
Novella

I had really bad sickness from about 6 weeks onwards. At 13 weeks, I started to take medication which did help but caused constipation so I could only take sparingly. I vomited at least two or three times a day (even while on medication) until around 22 or 24 weeks. After that, I only threw up a few times a week but had absolutely no interest in food.

The positive part though is that it was completely worth it. My daughter is 8 months old now and I would not be without her, worth every second of it. I remember thinking during the pregnancy that it would never end and that there was NO WAY I would ever have a second baby but I would. I'd do it again. I sympathize because I know that it is miserable but it is temporary and hopefully yours will go by the second trimester. Sending wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy!
Advertisement
17-06-2016, 19:45   #17
cupcake queen

Does anyone know where the sea bands mentioned on this thread can be purchased?
17-06-2016, 19:48   #18
Lucyfur
Master of Puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake queen View Post
Any pharmacy
(2) thanks from:
17-06-2016, 20:49   #19
stickybean

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake queen View Post
Got my in the local chemist. You can also get them online
Thanks from:
17-06-2016, 20:51   #20
Cakerbaker

Mine ended at 12 weeks, it was 11am on a Saturday in Starbucks in the Ilac Centre while shopping for a bridesmaid dress for my sisters wedding that I realised I didn't feel sick anymore!!!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-06-2016, 22:45   #21
Beanybabog

Just out of curiosity, in Ireland what do they do with you if you're very sick? I know in USA they prescribe mediation, one appears very safe. Will they do that here if someone has hypermesis or do you just have to plod along or end up in hospital?
17-06-2016, 22:57   #22
angeldelight

If you have hyperemesis they will prescribe medication. They'll also admit for fluids regularly if needed
21-06-2016, 17:21   #23
Gatica

so lucky for those that sickness stops at first trimester. I'm 20 weeks and still going. It's eased off slightly but I still feel nausea all through the day almost every day. sucks...
07-07-2016, 08:04   #24
Jen44

i had it till 16 weeks first time around. Was confirming my second pregnancy with my gp the other day and she said the new recommendation is to actually give anti sickness medication she said loads of research has been done on it. She gave me a prescription for stemitil in case it hits me bad again this time. i had it from 6- 16 weeks last time and i felt rotten with it but luckily managed it ok myself . i dont think ill fill the prescription unless im really miserable. Im only 4 1/2 weeks at the moment and so far just feel yucky nothing i cant manage just yet.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion