Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less credit given than what I was promised on switching to Electric Ireland

• 12-06-2016 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I switched my Gas and Electricity account to Electric Ireland on 30-05-2016. There was an offer of 150 Euros credit available at that time for customers switching to electric Ireland.
    Today I got confirmation of my new account numbers after the cooling off period and when I logged in, it only shows 120 Euros credit.
    Kindly advise as how to rectify this issue.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

€120 was the top offer.
    Where are you getting €150 from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi khalid100,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    khalid100 wrote:
    I switched my Gas and Electricity account to Electric Ireland on 30-05-2016. There was an offer of 150 Euros credit available at that time for customers switching to electric Ireland.

Our online switching bonus of €120 has been available to customers since the 18th May onwards; can you advise where you saw the €150 offer?

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 11 khalid100

It was 150 on the website at end of May and I even spoke to the sales guy over the phone about it as well. It has now been changed to 120.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi khalid100,

We have sent your query to the relevant department and they can confirm that the switching bonus credit has only been €120 - we regret any confusion.

If you would like us to review the notes on your Electric Ireland account, do send one of us reps a private message confirming the Electric Ireland account number in question (or the telephone number on the account if you do not have the account number), state that you are the account-holder, and your name, address and date of birth.

Your message will be picked up tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

khalid100 wrote: »
    It was 150 on the website at end of May and I even spoke to the sales guy over the phone about it as well. It has now been changed to 120.
    Looking at snapshots of the page it went from 50 to 120. http://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.electricireland.ie/switchchange/ 

• Advertisement
Advertisement