Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abdur Rashid refuses to apologise to 6 year old that he abused.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

then why bother posting about it?

Jesus.

I asked a question earlier, based on the case this thread is about - Do mosques vet those teaching there?

Based on this guy the thread is about, and possibly the guy I spoke about, and the obvious conclusion that at least some of the guys teaching there are not likely to be in the country for long enough to pass vetting.

Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

Heres one that was training kids muay thai in Ireland, i wonder was there any background checks carried out in this case.

I highly doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Grayson wrote: »
    I may have missed it but didn't he claim he never did it?

As for thinking it's not wrong, I think a lot of criminals do that. Remember in the vast majority of the mulsim world, child abuse is seen as wrong. You'd have to go to the most backwards parts of the world to find anywhere that thinks it's acceptable.

Read the news paper accounts again. He admitted to touching and handling the child intimately. Although he believed there was nothing wrong with his behaviour. On top of that he has been convcited of the offence in question.

As for 'child abuse being seen as wrong' - off the top of my head two of top countries where child marriage to older men still regularly happens include Pakistan and Bagladesh. Something not permitted supposedly by law there but which happens nevertheless because it is neither 'seen' as wrong or abuse by a significant part of the population.

Btw not to get hung up on the child marriage bit btw - the issue relates to the general abuse of children. Such practises in - what you refer to as 'backward parts of the world' unfortunately often remain as acceptable. A case in point is the continued genital mutilation of young girls for cultural reasons. Whatever way you dress it up its still child abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Gravelly wrote: »
    I think it is strange that you believe that I am responsible for the Gardaí doing their job and a mosque abiding by the law, based on secondhand information I heard.

you're essentially an enabler for a potential paedophile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

you're essentially an enabler for a potential paedophile

And you’re a wind up merchant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭yoke

gozunda wrote: »
    Fair enough. But how do you successfully persuade an individual who is convicted of such offenses that such behaviour is neither accepted or legal in their new country

Effective, proportional, and consistent punishment. Word will get around.

Would it not be more accurate to change this threads title to “Abdur Rashid refuses to accept that he molested a 6 year old”?

Otherwise I should be allowed to start a thread that says “John Sacrimoni refuses to pay gambling debt of €1m to yoke”.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,903 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

yoke wrote: »
    Fair enough. But how do you successfully persuade an individual who is convicted of such offenses that such behaviour is neither accepted or legal in their new country

Effective, proportional, and consistent punishment. Word will get around.
    That would work with someone like you and I, but that's because we have the impulse control and long term planning to not commit crimes in the first place.

Criminals are much less likely to have the same impulse control and long term planning. Hence they commit crimes.

There's no point approaching the situation from the point of view of a law abiding person. You need to get Into the mindset of a person who's likely to commit crime first and then ask what would make them less likely to actually commit the crime.

That would work with someone like you and I, but that's because we have the impulse control and long term planning to not commit crimes in the first place.

Criminals are much less likely to have the same impulse control and long term planning. Hence they commit crimes.

There's no point approaching the situation from the point of view of a law abiding person. You need to get Into the mindset of a person who's likely to commit crime first and then ask what would make them less likely to actually commit the crime.

Interesting statement. You are probably right for some percentage of criminals, which might need a different approach. However there is definitely a large contingent of casual scumbags (in Ireland) who would respond to part of their dole being taken away, or losing their council house and being put back on the housing list (or similar).

There are also a lot of “well off scumbags” who are in nice jobs but do things like workplace bullying etc., or harassment, and they only do it because they can completely get away with it.

Case in point: about 12 years ago I didn’t like the vibe I was getting off some prick in the office, he kept making offensive statements about me to my face, probably thought I couldn’t do anything about it since I was about 5 inches smaller than him and a lot lighter (he was nearly 6’6”), one time I was with a friend when he was walking the other way alone (in the building), he made a stupid comment about me, so I took my chance and gave him a couple of kicks and told him to never slag me again, and he never did it again despite working for the same company for another 2 years. His self control kicked in pretty quickly once he realised that there would be physical consequences for any verbal put-downs, despite our huge size difference.

This guy was in a well paid job in a large multinational so it just goes to prove that idiots can be anywhere - I’d almost guarantee that everyone’s seen the exact same kind of guy as this guy, drunk and starting fights in nightclubs thinking he’s untouchable because he’s huge etc.

They wouldn’t do it if they thought there’d be consequences further than just being thrown out of the club!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

A quick Google would indicate that this is a complete misrepresentation of what happened. He was not "let off as it was a sexual emergency". He had the rape conviction overturned as it had not been shown he knew there was no consent. He was retried on that and received a larger sentence. He was still in jail on the sexual assault of a minor charge. His argument of "sexual emergency" wasn't accepted at all.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/austria-swimming-pool-rape-theresienbad-vienna-iraqi-refugee-a7473441.html

Can I ask if you deliberately misrepresented that or did you simply not know? If it's the latter then where do you hear these nonsense claims?

Funny that this hasn't been replied to yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Read the news paper accounts again. He admitted to touching and handling the child intimately. Although he believed there was nothing wrong with his behaviour. On top of that he has been convcited of the offence in question.

As for 'child abuse being seen as wrong' - off the top of my head two of top countries where child marriage to older men still regularly happens include Pakistan and Bagladesh. Something not permitted supposedly by law there but which happens nevertheless because it is neither 'seen' as wrong or abuse by a significant part of the population.

Btw not to get hung up on the child marriage bit btw - the issue relates to the general abuse of children. Such practises in - what you refer to as 'backward parts of the world' unfortunately often remain as acceptable. A case in point is the continued genital mutilation of young girls for cultural reasons. Whatever way you dress it up its still child abuse.

I agree but peoples morals are weird. Touching a 15 year old is wrong. Marrying them is right because it's sanctioned. But taht's in places where it's sanctioned. A hell of a lot of places don't allow it.

BTW, I googled it and in bangledash the age for marriage is 18. I know that some marriages will occur younger in backwards parts but the law is 18
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age#Asia

I think one of the western countries with the most child marriage is the US where children as young as 14 can get married in some states.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/200000-children-married-us-15-years-child-marriage-child-brides-new-jersey-chris-christie-a7830266.html
    More than 200,000 children were married in the US over the past 15 years, new figures have revealed.

Three 10-year-old girls and an 11-year-old boy were among the youngest to wed, under legal loopholes which allow minors to marry in certain circumstances.

The minimum age for marriage across most of the US is 18, but every state has exemptions – such as parental consent or pregnancy – which allow younger children to tie the knot.

BTW, I know a lot of this sounds like whatabouttery. It's not. I'm not trying to win an argument, I just thought you'd find it interesting.

Grayson wrote: »
    I agree but peoples morals are weird. Touching a 15 year old is wrong. Marrying them is right because it's sanctioned. But taht's in places where it's sanctioned. A hell of a lot of places don't allow it.

BTW, I googled it and in bangledash the age for marriage is 18. I know that some marriages will occur younger in backwards parts but the law is 18https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age#Asia I think one of the western countries with the most child marriage is the US where children as young as 14 can get married in some states.https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/200000-children-married-us-15-years-child-marriage-child-brides-new-jersey-chris-christie-a7830266.html
    BTW, I know a lot of this sounds like whatabouttery. It's not. I'm not trying to win an argument, I just thought you'd find it interesting.

I was replying specifically to the issue of child abuse prevalent in 'backward' countries per the previous post. Tbh no offence but that's not getting into who is worse or better - outside this descriptor.

As I detailed countries "child marriage to older men still regularly happens in Pakistan and Bagladesh. Something not permitted supposedly by law there but which happens nevertheless because it is neither 'seen' as wrong or abuse by a significant part of the population.

Here are two articles which highlight the fact that child abuse in the form of child marriage although technically illegal is very common and even accepted in these countries

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/bangladesh-child-marriage-law-minimum-age-zero-reduce-baby-marital-unicef-un-a7619051.html

https://m.dw.com/en/afghan-activists-concerned-about-rise-in-child-marriages/a-19444332

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I was replying specifically to the issue of child abuse prevalent in 'backward' countries per the previous post. Tbh no offence but that's not getting into who is worse or better - outside this descriptor.

As I detailed countries "child marriage to older men still regularly happens in Pakistan and Bagladesh. Something not permitted supposedly by law there but which happens nevertheless because it is neither 'seen' as wrong or abuse by a significant part of the population.

Here are two articles which highlight the fact that child abuse in the form of child marriage although technically illegal is very common and even accepted in these countries

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/bangladesh-child-marriage-law-minimum-age-zero-reduce-baby-marital-unicef-un-a7619051.html

https://m.dw.com/en/afghan-activists-concerned-about-rise-in-child-marriages/a-19444332

Isn't it legal in some states in the US to marry a child?

Isn't it legal in some states in the US to marry a child?

Go back to the first reply on this. A reference was made to 'backward' countries by that poster The issue is child abuse (example being child marriage) and widespread cultural acceptance of same in countries like Bangladesh.

Examples given in links above .... read them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

if I was trying to maintain my innocence or genuinely believed I didn't do it, I wouldn't apologise either

if I was trying to maintain my innocence or genuinely believed I didn't do it, I wouldn't apologise either

I get what you are saying. However this guy admits to touching / handling the child intimately but still claims he did nothing wrong. This despite being convicted of said offence. Btw afaik it was only the journalist in the linked newspaper report who asked him was he going to apologise. Highly unlikely he would imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

His solicitors and barrister were not able to create even a reasonable doubt as to his innocence.
    He was found guilty and all if any appeals failed.

He doesn't feel he did anything wrong to his culture religion or morality .

That is not the same as being innocent

mynamejeff wrote: »
    His solicitors and barrister were not able to create even a reasonable doubt as to his innocence.
    He was found guilty and all if any appeals failed.

He doesn't feel he did anything wrong to his culture religion or morality .

That is not the same as being innocent

Someone convicted of murder who maintains his innocence would also say the same, I mean how can they apologise without admitting guilt?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

yoke wrote: »
    Someone convicted of murder who maintains his innocence would also say the same, I mean how can they apologise without admitting guilt?

and it generally mean that they serve the full term ,ir no remission early release espically for sex offenders

Seems the locals in D7 dont want this guy anywhere near them, hes been ran out by a few "gentlemen".

Keep the b*stard moving and looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Seems the locals in D7 dont want this guy anywhere near them, hes been ran out by a few "gentlemen".

Keep the b*stard moving and looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

All that happens in those cases is the Gardaí lose track of them because they keep moving around and trying to keep a low profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Whether we like it or not we don't have a justice system that gives life imprisionment to child rapists. We should or at least minimum sentencing .

All that happens in those cases is the Gardaí lose track of them because they keep moving around and trying to keep a low profile.

Your point was discussed on the show and you are correct in what you are saying. Its hard to see where a solution is going to come from on this.

The public want to know the location of paedophiles and i believe its being discussed in the Dail this week, however i dont see any change coming in that regard because it would cause more problems than anything, youd have mobs marching on the homes, it would be mayhem.

I

It’s obvious we need to re-vamp the punishment system.
    If it costs too much to imprison people, then find ways to fine criminals on top of the prison system - if the criminal is broke, then reduce state payments until the fine is paid off.
    This should reduce the prison population enough so that those who we really need to lock up, remain locked up.
    If the person’s state benefits aren’t enough to cover the fine, and they refuse to work for the state in menial jobs to pay off the debt, then give them a longer sentence.
    The idea would be that you would be punishing those that refused to work with the system harder, but with the extra prison space given up by those who are working with the system, it should hopefully break even in terms of cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Prison full of drug addicts. I wonder how good treatment is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Some more cultural enrichment in all it's all it's glory in Dublin. Wonderful work of late Leo.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/schoolgirl-groped-four-times-and-followed-off-bus-37877944.html

How does a sex beast that raped a child be entitled to any remission.
    It acts as an incentive for prisoners not to get into any further trouble while in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Some more cultural enrichment in all it's all it's glory in Dublin. Wonderful work of late Leo.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/schoolgirl-groped-four-times-and-followed-off-bus-37877944.html

What a sentence. Two months suspended and 5 years on the sex offenders register… for crying out loud.

Should be a lifetime on the register and fücked back from the shîthole he came from. The filthy bastards.

Ireland has enough of their own home grown scumbags. It doesn’t need to import more. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

Very racist of the Irish girl to report this. It's just his culture.

• Advertisement

Very racist of the Irish girl to report this. It's just his culture.
    why are you (presumably) implying an opinion that nobody holds ?

Thos thread must really have disappointed you.

Advertisement