Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abdur Rashid refuses to apologise to 6 year old that he abused.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Peregrinus wrote: »
    The claim was not that the offender was a Muslim; this is undisputed. The claim was that the offender isn't being deported because "we have a Muslim leader", i.e. Varadkar.

Sorry, I got my wires crossed. I thought EOTR and yourself were referring to the guy in the article. I didn’t realise people actually thought Leo is a Muslim.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,907 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Sorry, I got my wires crossed. I thought EOTR and yourself were referring to the guy in the article. I didn’t realise people actually thought Leo is a Muslim.
    I don't think they do. I think they just pretend to for the purpose of provoking outrage.

Those psych reports do seem contradictary since schizophrenics don't stop being schizophrenic afaik, regardless of how long they might stay stable for following an episode. I guess the overall conclusion was that he is at risk of developing it, and seems to have had some sort of psychotic episode.
    One's a psychological report; the other a psychiatric report. Per the newspapers, the psychological report said that Rashid "meets the diagnostic criteria for schizophrenia and delusional disorder", but that may not be quite the same as diagnosing him with schizophrenia or delusional disorder, since the diagnostic criteria for different conditions can overlap. One possible reading of what we're told her is the the psychologist said, in effect, "he ticks the boxes for schizophrenia and delusional disorder; he must have one or other of those conditions", and the pscychiatrist said "well, I don't think he currently has a psychiatric illness [but, by implication, he may have a mental disorder]".

The truth is that we're just guessing at what's in the reports; from the way the newspaper presents it, we don't even know whether the reports complement one another or contradict one another, and we certainly don't know what they said either about his culpability for his past behaviour or his propensity for future offending behaviour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

no you won't.

Oh you know you will.

For the record, I equally condemn our home grown paedophiles and rapists - the difference is we can deport this animal. Well, should anyway.

Oh you know you will.

For the record, I equally condemn our home grown paedophiles and rapists - the difference is we can deport this animal. Well, should anyway.
    No, we can't. He's an Irish citizen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Oh you know you will.

Abdur Rashid is Irish the 6 yr old was unlucky wrong place at the wrong time nothing could have prevented this from happening :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Yeh I get that now. That guy was a total loon.

Who the Fcuk thinks Leo is a Muslim. Most of the time I forget he isn’t white.

Me too. He has big Irish potato head on him, with just a slightly more tan complexion than your average Irish person. :D

No, we can't. He's an Irish citizen.

Shouldn't citizenship being conferred on a person be able to be removed in the event that they commit a serious crime ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Shouldn't citizenship being conferred on a person be able to be removed in the event that they commit a serious crime ?

There are conditions under which citizenship by naturalisation can be revoked. Unfortunately "being a filthy pervert" is not one of them.

There are conditions under which citizenship by naturalisation can be revoked. Unfortunately "being a filthy pervert" is not one of them.

Mind you, given that the Brits can't remove passports of jihadis coming back from fighting for ISIS, we've got no chance kicking out a nonce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

On a related topic. Breaking news: The serial rapist who abducted, repeatedly raped and terrorized a young Spanish girl in Dublin has just received a 5 and a half year sentence

That's a shameful length to give him!

Absolutely disgusting - for what he did!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭ Spleerbun

Laois_Man wrote: »
    On a related topic. Breaking news: The serial rapist who abducted, repeatedly raped and terrorized a young Spanish girl in Dublin has just received a 5 and a half year sentence

And that's with a load of priors related to similar offences too if I remember correctly. Joke! He should be put away for life

Will he serve anywhere near that or are we talking remission etc ?

To my mind, what he did means the most logical punishment is castration with a rusty bike chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

He hasn't been sentenced for rape yet. that happens next month. He got 5.5 for sexually assaulting the spanish girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Why don't the judges ever receive abuse over their sentences, name and shame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Apologies, I think I got my cases mixed up. This is the guy that met a BRAZILIAN girl from Tinder and sexually assaulting her

He also sexually assaulted another and raped another and still to be sentenced for those

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

no you won't.

Oh you know you will.

Wel we haven't had anyone do it so far. But we have had several posters point out that it's ubiquitous and even went as far as making the point ironically.

I wonder if the people eagerly anticipating someone bringing his religion into the discussion, will realise they're the main ones bringing his religion into it.

Closes thing we've seen so far is some Edge Lord calling Leo a Muslim.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ireland gets more insane as days go by, this child rapist is set free after serving just 10 months in prison.

https://m.herald.ie/news/courts/i-wont-apologise-says-mosque-molester-who-sexually-abused-girl-6-37564609.html

Anyone have any other information about this case?

How can any judge in their right mind allow such a short sentence for such a horrible, disgusting crime? And not a shred of remorse from the abuser either.

The crime is disgusting and unforgivable and yes the sentence is far far to short he should never see the light of day again but why are you surprised he showed no remorse when he claims he didn't do it ? (I know he was charged and likely did do it )
    it wouldn't make sense to claim innocence and apologise for the crime ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭malinheader

Mind you, given that the Brits can't remove passports of jihadis coming back from fighting for ISIS, we've got no chance kicking out a nonce.

Better to be seen to be acting politically correct instead of using common sense and kicking them out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

The scumbag should have been given a much stiffer sentence.

But saying he committed rape and that the taoiseach is Muslim - why resort to such dishonesty?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The scumbag should have been given a much stiffer sentence.

But saying he committed rape and that the taoiseach is Muslim - why resort to such dishonesty?

In their heads it's the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

I shouldn't have read that article.Blood.Boiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Mike9832 wrote: »
    He might not practice Muslim

He's so good at Musliming, he doesn't need any practice. Clearly an A-rab.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,877 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    “Why are you picking on the Muslim rapists and not the Irish ones!!!”

Where did the OP mention his race?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    “Why are you picking on the Muslim rapists and not the Irish ones!!!”

Where did the OP mention his race?

The OP didn't mention race. It's not an important part of the story. The main people who mentioned race/religion are people who think everyone else is as interested in race/religion as they are.

I presume it's to do with the likes of Tommy Robinson who only highlights Muslim crimes to make people more afraid of Muslim. He uses child abuse to further his anti Muslim agenda. He's not concerned with child abuse unless it's committed by a Muslim.

Thus story isn't about the guy's race or religion

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

One's a psychological report; the other a psychiatric report. Per the newspapers, the psychological report said that Rashid "meets the diagnostic criteria for schizophrenia and delusional disorder", but that may not be quite the same as diagnosing him with schizophrenia or delusional disorder, since the diagnostic criteria for different conditions can overlap. One possible reading of what we're told her is the the psychologist said, in effect, "he ticks the boxes for schizophrenia and delusional disorder; he must have one or other of those conditions", and the pscychiatrist said "well, I don't think he currently has a psychiatric illness [but, by implication, he may have a mental disorder]".

The truth is that we're just guessing at what's in the reports; from the way the newspaper presents it, we don't even know whether the reports complement one another or contradict one another, and we certainly don't know what they said either about his culpability for his past behaviour or his propensity for future offending behaviour.

I would agree. However taking the reports as is - it is not unusual that they were compiled in part for this individuals defence towards mitigating possible sentencing.

On face value - it would appear that he is neither diagnosed or known to be suffering from any psychiatric illness at present.

This story isn't about the guy's race or religion
    Well yes and no

Leaving the reports aside and more corncerning imo (according to the news story anyway) is that the individual in question does not 'believe he did anything wrong'. This despite the fact he has been being convicted and jailed for said offences.

In his role as a 'religous teacher' where the child was sexually abused by him - it may be that he really does not believe that he 'has done anything wrong'. It is a fact that children as young as this child are promised for marriage & etc to middle age and even older men is well known of some Muslim countries such as pakistan and others.
    See: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage_in_Pakistan

Cultural differences where deep-rooted gender inequalities mean that young girls are at real risk of abuse. It is also also unfortunate that whilst an individual may move here and even become a citizen - it 'does' not mean such 'cultural' beliefs will become magically aligned with any adopted citizenship.

The sexual abuse of girls in Rotherham is a case in point.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭✭noodler

In this topic we don't know what rape means.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

18 months seems like a fairly hefty sentence coming from an Irish judge for this kind of crime. Any more and he'd probably be able o appeal on severity. It's unfortunate that judges have to stay in line with sentencing from the past. We really need legislation to give minimum sentences and free up Judges from precedent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

We really need legislation to give minimum sentences and free up Judges from precedent.

Did judges not resist any sort of minimum sentencing brought in before?

Advertisement