Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

bromley52 wrote: »
    Iv a 2009 laptop with a SSD running Win7 and it is very responsive. So if Win10 is slow just install 7.
    Just install any Linux distro.

Not complaining, but most of the people who might buy this will use it right out from the box, and won't bother.... they will complain that they bought a computer, and it's not working as they expect. And expectations differ for each one of us.

If it were me, I'd install Debian 8, any lightweight desktop, then forget about it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Back to the actual bargains we all like here!

One for all amplified indoor aerial SV9125 @ €10.54 in Tesco,Longwalk SC,Dundalk(6 left on shelf at COB this evening)

43660720_2133368760030082_8677725686330294272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&oh=0f12fe8b3236d88623eaa5197e422671&oe=5C52ADC1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭corks finest

Back to the actual bargains we all like here!

One for all amplified indoor aerial SV9125 @ €10.54 in Tesco,Longwalk SC,Dundalk(6 left on shelf at COB this evening)

43660720_2133368760030082_8677725686330294272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&oh=0f12fe8b3236d88623eaa5197e422671&oe=5C52ADC1
    They any good would you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

They any good would you think?

Gimmicks really. A variant of this is probably the best for terrestrial TV.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mercury-Indoor-Set-Top-Aerial/dp/B000NVR8OW/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1539250683&sr=8-19&keywords=set+top+aerial

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gatoh

Or a variant of this: 
    51cdVI6woaL._AC_SS350_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭corks finest

Gatoh wrote: »
    Or a variant of this: 
    51cdVI6woaL._AC_SS350_.jpg
    Ha ha v good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,301 ✭✭✭✭zell12

More laptops, well one
    Lenovo B50-45 €123

Be prepared to be told OOS, mishtake, error, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

zell12 wrote: »
    More laptops, well one
    Lenovo B50-45 €123

How much should it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

looks to be an old model that is out of stock on other sites so definitely a mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wonka

order went through anyway and booked for delivery tomorrow. lets see what happens.

order went through anyway and booked for delivery tomorrow. lets see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

zell12 wrote: »
    More laptops, well one
    Lenovo B50-45 €123

Got my confirmation email for one ordered for home delivery tomorrow evening, let's see if it goes through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭savemejebus

theShire wrote: »
    Got my confirmation email for one ordered for home delivery tomorrow evening, let's see if it goes through

I hope you get it but....

Expect a call saying out of stock or similar excuse
    or
    No call and to be told "laptops aren't eligible for home delivery and you shouldn't have been able to order it" when you call to enquire why your delivery didn't arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dlnv27

My order went through and I have a collection time at my local Tesco tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

dlnv27 wrote: »
    My order went through and I have a collection time at my local Tesco tomorrow evening

same - we'll wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dlnv27

holly8 wrote: »
    same - we'll wait and see!

The only worry I have is there's has been no charge on my debit card.

dlnv27 wrote: »
    The only worry I have is there's has been no charge on my debit card.

I have a €0 transaction pending on my Credit Card so it looks like there's a charge coming through from tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Every single time. Those charges are automated. You'll get an out of stock call in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Anyone know the spec?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

You have to wonder how they get away with calling 1366 x 768 HD, especially on a 15"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

dulpit wrote: »
    You have to wonder how they get away with calling 1366 x 768 HD, especially on a 15"
    Don't get me started ... my ancient phone has higher resolution ... and a higher clock speed ... and the French were broadcasting TV with a vertical resolution of 737 lines system as far back as 1949 ...

But for the price it's OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭xabi

I bought this for the kids last year when it was on offer, its the slowest computer I have ever worked with, terrible even for browsing the internet.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Every single time. Those charges are automated. You'll get an out of stock call in the morning.

Yep, call just there saying the item didn't arrive on their delivery so no laptop for me :-(

Ah well, was worth a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

RossieMan wrote: »

got the call!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's always a complete waste of time. Is assume staff would get the stock if it every existed.

got the call 30 mins before expected delivery. They don't stock laptops in the local tesco was the excuse. Ah well. worth a shot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Apologies for posting off topic and bumping this thread again and no offence intended to the previous posters

But there is little point in bumping the thread to let us know you didn't get the laptop.

We need to just post the bargains which are becoming few and far between

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

CH3OH wrote: »
    Apologies for posting off topic and bumping this thread again and no offence intended to the previous posters

But there is little point in bumping the thread to let us know you didn't get the laptop.

We need to just post the bargains which are becoming few and far between

Actually I prefer to see when bargain orders were cancelled, otherwise I'll think people got the item

Advertisement