Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Framing service in Dublin?.

• 25-06-2007 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Reign Muscular Cameraman

Has anyone ever used one?.

Basically I've a 'thank you' card I want to have framed. Nothing overly fancy, but the card mean's alot.

Has anyone ever used a framing service, and are they expensive?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Your probably better off getting a frame yourself. They have them in Dunnes and Woodies, really reasonable. Habitat have a classier more expensive collection. I know there is a little picture framer in Raheny, beside the driver test centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Reign Muscular Cameraman

lightening wrote:
    Your probably better off getting a frame yourself. They have them in Dunnes and Woodies, really reasonable. Habitat have a classier more expensive collection. I know there is a little picture framer in Raheny, beside the driver test centre.

Thanks, but I tried that and made a balls of it.

I don't mind paying as this card mean's alot to me.

Just the background so you can appricate how valuable it is. In May I gave a chap CPR (he's a heart attack on Leeson St. Bridge). I thought he'd died. But he survived. His family got my details (address etc) from the Dept.of Defence and he sent me a 'thank you' card.

So really, its very special to me.

wow.. good for you. Are you in the Army?

Realistically, that stuff should be taught in school. The framers in Raheny might suit your needs then.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

There's a framing shop, it might be called We Frame It, I'm not sure... but in any case it's on Dawson Street, near the Murder Ink bookshop.

Great stuff, and yes I'm in the army.

I'm living very close to Raheny, but I've no idea where the test centre is. However I'll drop into Raheny tomorrow. Much appricated.

• Advertisement

It's off the Howth road. If you take a left turn off the Howth road opposit the petrol station near Sybil hill you are on "All Saints Road" keep going passed the park, passed the tennis courts and you will see the set of shops on your left.

I though you guys killed folk, not save them! (kidding of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

lightening wrote:

lol Quote of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Mairt wrote:
    In May I gave a chap CPR. I thought he'd died. But he survived. His family... sent me a 'thank you' card.

Aww- that's a lovely story!

lightening wrote:

If you seen the size of me giving someone CPR you'd think I was killing him too!.

And tell ya what, if my ugly mutt gave you the 'kiss of life' I bet you'd wanna die, maybe I didn't do him any favours at all, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 daraghgo

I have a framers in Baldoyle not far from Raheny, if you didnt get it done yet

• Advertisement

daraghgo wrote: »
    I have a framers in Baldoyle not far from Raheny, if you didnt get it done yet

Thats mad, I only thought of this again today and you post this!..

Pray tell?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 daraghgo

lol ... pure Coincidence ... only joined yesterday looking for help on something else and came across ur post...

Damn... just got an original Munich Olympic poster framed for 120 euro, nearly A0 in size, should have shopped around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

its a bit out of town, but there's a very good one apparantly in sandyford, by the Luas i think.

My wife tells me they were very reasonable, but i haven't seen the receipt :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There's a shop beside the Mater at the junction of Berkley Rd & NCR that do framing.

Advertisement