Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB - Open 24 Internet service

• 02-10-2006 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Is it any good?. What is it possible to do, can you make payments to other banks, etc?.

How does it match up to Banking365 (I don't have experience with AIB's online system which I heard is pretty good).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Blackjack wrote:
    Is it any good?. What is it possible to do, can you make payments to other banks, etc?.

How does it match up to Banking365 (I don't have experience with AIB's online system which I heard is pretty good).

I use it and you just have to ring them up to set up other bank accounts. I haven't tried one off payments anywhere yet.

Transferring between your own bank accounts is easy and instantaneous.

You can also do all the usual Utility bill payments, set up, view, ammend and cancel standing orders etc.

I don't have b365 but do have AIB and it is pretty much the same.

L.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

PTSB's internet banking isn't as good as AIB's in my opinion, but it's not bad either. It's functional, and does all the bits you expect it to, but nothing amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

i've used ptsbs internet banking, and its fine, they're all pretty much the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I was an AIB customer for years and my biggest concern when changing to TSB was the internet banking. AIB's was superb. Only thing about AIB that was any good. I moved in the end and I gotta say I find TSB banking just as good, in some ways better (you can create your own statement on your account going back a few months - couldn't do this with AIB).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I use it also and yes, you can transfer money to other bank accounts. You have to ring them to set each account up though. I transfer money to my fiancée's account through it all the time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I find it good, but having said that I've never used anyting else so I don't know what I am missing or gaining compared to other banks.

Have you looked at Rabo direct, they advertise themselves as an "internet bank" don't they?

Are you looking at changing bank's openign a new account?
    There is alot more to look at than just internet banking, for example, Permanent TSB offer a very good switcher account.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Have you looked at Rabo direct, they advertise themselves as an "internet bank" don't they?

They are offering savings accounts and investment options rather than day to day banking services.

On Open24 you can setup/pay bills both over the phone and online.
    You can create/cancel standing orders.
    You can cancel Direct debits.
    You can order cheque books (so long as you have had cheque books on the account beforehand)
    You can transfer between your own accounts automatically as all your bank accounts will be registered under the one open24 number.
    You can transfer between banks (takes up to 3 working days)
    If you have a Visa card with PTSB, you can view that account.

I think thats it. Any questions just ask me, I used to work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MiseryMoney

Blackjack wrote: »

Hi there just new to boards:D I want to pay my AIB Visa account from my Permanant TSB account online- in my tsb online account aib are not listed on the payment options (o2, Esb,3...) can anyone help me what to do:cool:tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Hi there just new to boards:D I want to pay my AIB Visa account from my Permanant TSB account online- in my tsb online account aib are not listed on the payment options (o2, Esb,3...) can anyone help me what to do:cool:tks
    May need to ring the open24 number to add your AIB card account to the 3rd party transfer details.

you'll need the AIB account number/sort code

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    May need to ring the open24 number to add your AIB card account to the 3rd party transfer details.

you'll need the AIB account number/sort code
    Cheers tks fr that.

thanks for the advice after been transferred here and there re phone worked in the end

Advertisement