Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free postage with Amazon.co.uk

• 01-12-2006 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Ok - this is already somewhat mentioned on the Freebie list - but it is so good that it deserves its own thread.

Hellmans are giving away a free book on Amazon.co.uk - however, if you order it with any other orders that you might have - then you get free postage for everything!!!

This is a fantastic promotion - especially if you are buying your Christmas presents off Amazon now!!

All you have to do is go to this link.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...870257-9481541

add the item to your basket, click on "proceeed to the checkout", on the page were you select you payment method add the code "HELLMANAMZN2" on the filed "Enter code:" and click in Continue, you will see in the final page the details of the purchase and the discounts.

I have all my Christmas shopping now done - fantastic!

Happy shopping!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

didnt work

edit: it worked, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

This is 100% free?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I won't shop on Amazon since they stopped shipping stuff to Ireland.

http://verbo.se/notablog/im-not-shopping-at-amazon-any-more/
    http://www.mneylon.com/blog/archives/2006/05/07/amazon-uk-shift-the-goalposts/

I was a €100/month customer.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Yeah, there is a lot of stuff that I could buy last year and can`t now.

:confused:

dahamsta wrote:

http://verbo.se/notablog/im-not-shopping-at-amazon-any-more/
    http://www.mneylon.com/blog/archives/2006/05/07/amazon-uk-shift-the-goalposts/

I was a €100/month customer.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

It says in the terms and conditions that

1.This promotion is open to UK and Channel Islands residents only. :rolleyes:

genie wrote:

They may just cancel the orders so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

genie wrote:

are you talking about the sandwich book offer with the loophole for free delivery, because if you are you are wrong. lots of users including myself have used it and received the delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

admiralgar wrote:
    are you talking about the sandwich book offer with the loophole for free delivery, because if you are you are wrong. lots of users including myself have used it and received the delivery

Ok, I stand corrected.

use the link in freebies if you are having trouble with it here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

This didn't seem to work. It gave me free delivery for the hellmanns book but not on the other item I had. The other item was a DVD. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

worked for me this evening ... even used another gift certificate with it and it combined both discounts ... a bargain thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Interesting :O
    Have to have a look at amazon now tommorrow :D
    Thanks op!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Smiley012

For this offer, ur items all have to be from amazon directly, not marketplace sellers, thats how i got mine to work!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

dahamsta wrote:

Yeah I haven't bought anything from them in ages. And even when I do its not from them directly but a Marketplace seller.

Are Amazon ever going to get an Irish site?

It was suggested at the time that that was one reason why they shut down those deliveries, but nothing's come of it since and I haven't heard anything on the grapevine. They also tried to suggest at the time, in a very weaselly way, that WEEE was responsible for the issue, but the product sets that are blocked show that up for the lie it is.

Actually I did just buy a €20 book from them as a present for someone, but only because it wasn't available anywhere else. They've lost about €580 more in sales from me in the meantime.

adam

Yeah I haven't bought anything from them in ages. And even when I do its not from them directly but a Marketplace seller.

http://www.shopireland.com

shopireland.com is amazon in euro but not actually amazon ireland.
    they deliver from dublin 17 dont they

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 boylan1000

can you use this with priority shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

When did this start happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Thanks OP just ordered a DVD boxset

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Thanks, just ordered a load of books I couldn't find anywhere else!

I hope yee selected the express delivery option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Why didn't I qualify for free Super Saver Delivery?
    Your Amazon.co.uk items:
    Dispatching to: xxxx

Not Eligible:Items delivered to addresses outside the UK are not eligible for free Super Saver Delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

dahamsta wrote:
    I was trying to order a webcam and some other bits from them last week and only then realised that nothing electronic was deliverable. Even a wireless router I got off them two years ago was suddenly undeliverable! I sent 'em a mail asking why, and got this reply. It's a pain in the hole, but I thought the reason was fair enough:
    Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any misunderstanding and
    inconvenience caused in this regard.

We can confirm that, at present, we are unable to dispatch
    Electronics and Photo, Home and Garden, PC / Videogame and Toy items
    to addresses in the Republic of Ireland.

Sales of these products are temporarily restricted as we work to
    comply with Irish recycling legislation. We hope to resolve this
    issue soon but unfortunately we are unable, at this stage, to
    provide a definite timescale.

We do value your custom and sincerely apologise for any
    inconvenience this may cause.

It's the videogame category that outs their response as a lie -- games aren't subject to WEEE; never have been.

Irish retailers were able to categorise their products in time for WEEE, whereas Amazon's had all that time and another six months besides.

No blacks, no Irish, no honesty. Screw them.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

dahamsta wrote:
    It's the videogame category that outs their response as a lie -- games aren't subject to WEEE; never have been.

Irish retailers were able to categorise their products in time for WEEE, whereas Amazon's had all that time and another six months besides.

No blacks, no Irish, no honesty. Screw them.

adam

I used to buy most stuff from them, but i absolutely agree with you. The video games has proved to me they don't want the Irish market, there is no reason for this...so don't hold your breathe about them opening an Irish site.

It's not even as if the postage was cheap. They made their money out of us all right.

I buy my stuff from anyone else I can now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

Great stuff, cheers OP.

I got a boxset for the missus the Chrimbo stocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

i attempted ordering books and it said

'This order does not meet the eligibility requirements for this offer. Please refer to the details in your promotional offer for further information. '

I tried the two different post rates see if it would make a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

ronano wrote:
    i attempted ordering books and it said

'This order does not meet the eligibility requirements for this offer. Please refer to the details in your promotional offer for further information. '

I tried the two different post rates see if it would make a difference

You have to actually add the sandwich book to your basket, try the freebie link it's a bit clearer in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Damn WEEE strikes again - can the government screw us any more? Actually they could - by forming a coalition with the Green Party...

Advertisement