Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon UK-Won't send "Nexus 7 Screen Protectors" to IRL,etc

• 30-12-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Just tried to order it along with a "Modem Router" and they declined to ship both items to Irl. I got a modem from them last August, and now it's a no send to IRL. Anybody make sense of this? No need to mention "Parcel Motel" or similar.

Also they won't send the "Screen Protectors" ordered as a lone item.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

All my items from Amazon UK get here through the Parcel Motel even when it says that they don't do deliveries to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Do you have a Parcel motel drop station near you?
    If you did that would be an option for you.
    I find Amazon are very flaky lately with their restricted shipping list/locations.
    It seems to change on an arbritary basis and has no real sense behind it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No need to mention parcel motel... Everybody does, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

No need to mention parcel motel... Everybody does, lol.

Only saw that part of the OP now :o

Sure but some folks tend to use this address

Your name
    Your PMID
    Parcel Motel
    Unit 5 Mygan Park
    Jamestown Road
    Finglas East
    Dublin 11
    Ireland

Instead of that one

Your name
    Your PMID
    Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    Co Antrim
    BT36 4PE (BT36 4PX also works)

This could be one of many reasons.

Anyway

Can you post a link to that Nexus 7 screen protector ?

Sorry about mentioning the PM :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

banie01 wrote: »
    I find Amazon are very flaky lately with their restricted shipping list/locations.
    It seems to change on an arbitrary basis and has no real sense behind it.

Exactly, a proper pain. I just tried a trial order of a Nokia 808, and that went through the order process without objection.

I've never used had to use Parcel Motel and have had 37 inch TV's delivered here. I use Amazon because their customer service is second to none, putting Parcel Motel in the middle, just makes things too complicated for me for possible returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

dohouch wrote: »

It's not sold by Amazon but a third party using Fulfillment by Amazon. Its the seller not amazon that chooses to sell to the UK only.

Jarren wrote: »

Oooh, so much choice,:eek: my head hurts:confused:

• Advertisement

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    It's not sold by Amazon but a third party using Fulfillment by Amazon. Its the seller not amazon that chooses to sell to the UK only.

AND
    Just tried to order it along with a "Modem Router" and they declined to ship both items to Irl. I got a modem from them last August, and now it's a no send to IRL. Anybody make sense of this? No need to mention "Parcel Motel" or similar.

Also they won't send the "Screen Protectors" ordered as a lone item.

My mistake, thought that items "Fulfilled by Amazon" always got to ROI, but NO, have to use Chrome browser from now on when I shop Amazon, has an extension that tells whether or not it will be shipped to ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

AND

My mistake, thought that items "Fulfilled by Amazon" always got to ROI, but NO, have to use Chrome browser from now on when I shop Amazon, has an extension that tells whether or not it will be shipped to ROI.

Could you link me to this extention. Be very useful :) thanx

• A lot of small UK companies simply refuse to do business outside the UK. I dug into it once when I was refused delivery of a small inexpensive item. They told me they couldn't do it because of 'EC rules', that they had to register in the other country and they also had to charge the vat rates applicable in the other country.
    I think that there is an element of truth in this but isn't dealing with such matters part and parcel of expanding a business?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

A lot of small UK companies simply refuse to do business outside the UK. I dug into it once when I was refused delivery of a small inexpensive item. They told me they couldn't do it because of 'EC rules', that they had to register in the other country and they also had to charge the vat rates applicable in the other country.
    I think that there is an element of truth in this but isn't dealing with such matters part and parcel of expanding a business?

I was looking for a halloween outfit/costume and searched Amazon. I found one that worked, put it in my basket and lo and behold the seller wouldn't ship to Ireland :( :mad:. What REALLY bothered me about 2 weeks later I discovered that the seller had an acutal website where they sold clothes, and it didn't look a piddly website either. And if you bought on that website they DID ship to Ireland!!! (albeit for an exorbitant fee). WTF like, if you will ship the same garment bought from your site to Ireland why won't you ship it if bought over Amazon?!?!

I can understand these businesses, if I can increase my turnover by 2,3,4% by shipping to ROI and for this I have the administrative overhead of separate postage rates, seperate currency, and the the whole VAT thing as well.

Lets face it if we had something more than 1/2 the population of London, these firms would show more interest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... Also they won't send the "Screen Protectors" ordered as a lone item.
    All this Nexus 7 stuff is available locally from PCWorld / Currys

No need for the PM shilling. Happy New Year.

mathepac wrote: »
    All this Nexus 7 stuff is available locally from PCWorld / Currys

No need for the PM shilling. Happy New Year.

I think PC world has opened just 30 mile from me recently, haven't been there yet. Previous to that, the nearest was 100 miles.

And My order to Amazon had 5 or 6 items.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... And My order to Amazon had 5 or 6 items.
    Ooops, sorry about that.
    I think PC world has opened just 30 mile from me recently, haven't been there yet. Previous to that, the nearest was 100 miles...
    PCWorld/Currys have very good on-line shopping and delivery services too.

Advertisement