Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fuel consumption BMW 318 1.9 2000

• 04-06-2012 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hello people, I am going to get a BMW, but people told me that the fuel consumption is very high,
    but I am wondering how much it really is. This is the car: BMW 318 1.9 liter petrol 2000
    thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It depends how heavy your right foot is and what kind of driving you're doing. It could vary between 25-35mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

i owned one years ago, i think around 35 mpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Completely depends on the type of driving you do. City driving, its going to be poor no matter what. On a motorway it'll be a lot better. 25~ in town, maybe less. And 35ish on a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

hello people, I am going to get a BMW, but people told me that the fuel consumption is very high,
    but I am wondering how much it really is. This is the car: BMW 318 1.9 liter petrol 2000
    thx
    I bought one of these in January.
    I have to say it is not as thirsty as I thought it would be.
    80% of my driving is motorway and the MPG needle generally hovers between 40 and 50 with CC set to 120.

Around town said needle is all over the place,so I would say not the best for city driving.

Off topic: Does anyone know how accurate that gauge is in a BMW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 misterx12345

Thx everyone for their advice.
    These cars are quite cheap compared to mainland Europe, so that's why I am thinking of getting this one. Will have a look tomorrow or Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I currently drive a 2000 318 (1.9l) with a decent mix of town and motorway driving. I get through about €100 petrol a week at the moment, getting approx 35 mpg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

all cars in Ireland and UK are cheap compared to mainland Europe, not just a 318 BMW.

In the UK its a car buyers paradise with whats out there.

dudara wrote: »
    I currently drive a 2000 318 (1.9l) with a decent mix of town and motorway driving. I get through about €100 petrol a week at the moment, getting approx 35 mpg.

100 euro's per week is a lot, but you are probably driving a lot,
    how big is the fuel tank btw?

all cars in Ireland and UK are cheap compared to mainland Europe, not just a 318 BMW.

In the UK its a car buyers paradise with whats out there.

yeah, I noticed and its good :) just too bad the steering wheel is on the wrong side :) (well at least for me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

100 euro's per week is a lot, but you are probably driving a lot,
    how big is the fuel tank btw?

I do about 600+ km on motorway alone during the week. I think the fuel tank is 60l.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

2001 facelifted 318i gained a new 2.0 litre engine. It is more powerful yet more fuel efficent than the old 1.9 litre it replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,833 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

op as has been mentioned, this engine was replaced with a 2L 143bhp one in 02, 25bhp more and better fuel consumption, also the incredibly stiff accelerator pedal on that car up to 02, drove me crazy! are you looking at a saloon or a coupe?

Advertisement