Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

miss.paula wrote: »
    American cousin works for US military, (high up), she laughs when we ask her, says "we have stuff you would not believe".

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

James Fox (the recent Phenomenon documentary) and Jacques Vallee to appear on the Joe Rogan podcast in December

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

miss.paula wrote: »
    American cousin works for US military, (high up), she laughs when we ask her, says "we have stuff you would not believe".

Cousin eh, oh well that's that then.
    'Slam dunk', as she might say. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Plenty Ufo activity from today’s satellite launch caught on camera by SpaceX.

(Put on big screen)

https://twitter.com/spacex/status/1330213906640465920?s=21

Saw this one on twitter. It amazes me how there is hardly a fuss kicked up about that video. Definitely odd goings on there, and is hard to believe they are dust or ice particles...

Reminds me of the famous "Tether incident" when a 12 mile electronic tether used to hoist a satellite broke off into space.. many intelligent objects are seen hovering around it, almost inspecting it wondering what it is. And yes it was 12 miles long..

https://youtu.be/5IcyibSSRt4

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Was listening to some American radio show some while back, a guy rang in saying he was watching stars in the sky, but when he checked again a few hours later, they were gone, LOL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Well there's gotta be intelligent life somewhere in the universe. One things for sure, there ain't much down here!

https://youtu.be/KMgudPZtPII
    Rumour is rife in the UFO world on Twitter that the "imminent" evidence will be a photo of a triangular shaped ufo (according to Robert McGwier). Robert McGwier served within the US intelligence community from 1982-2011 before going on to found the Humes Research Centre for National Security and Technology at Virginia Tech which is now the highest funded research centre at Virginia Tech. Interesting week ahead...

Tim McMillan is working on the article with a December 2 publication date, apparently. He's not denying McGwier's claims on Twitter, just seems annoyed that McGwier announced it. Hopefully it's a clear image and not one taken on a Nokia 3310.

It's a fact that senators were briefed on UAP/UFO's a few months ago. https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/449473-senators-briefed-on-us-navys-encounters-with-ufos-report.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

steddyeddy wrote: »

Was it backed up by radar and FLIR?

No, but the ladies senior choir did a pretty good job

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Anyone want to discuss shape & size?

In the 1950s it was flying saucers, some the size of a football pitch, then we had giant cigar shaped UFOs, triangular craft 300mts long, then silent hypersonic spherical globes, and more recently 40ft long Tic Tac shaped UAPs.

So many other variations too ......
    But what to make of them all :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Anyone want to discuss shape & size?

In the 1950s it was flying saucers, some the size of a football pitch, then we had giant cigar shaped UFOs, triangular craft 300mts long, then silent hypersonic spherical globes, and more recently 40ft long Tic Tac shaped UAPs.

So many other variations too ......
    But what to make of them all :cool:

The Tic tac, one would argue is the same as cigar shaped UFOs, cylindrical in size. People aren't always the best at describing what they've seen.

But I see what you are getting at. Why such variety. It makes you think.

My guess is that this article and photo will coincide with Jacques Valleè and James Fox's appearance on Joe Rogan next month. Article is due December 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

When is the big day?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

One of the proponents of all of this recent UFO stuff is Chris Mellon. Chris was former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence for the Clinton and Bush administrations.

Chris states that the government classified a lot of the sightings and he's made it his goal to campaign for more information to be released. He was the guy who released the Pentagon UFO videos to the public.

When is the big day?

Apparently Lt. Tim McMillan will have an article coming out on Wednesday including some strong evidence. Let's wait and see!

I'll be interested to see if this Wednesdays big UFO news outshines the Chinese Moon landing also due to be headlines 2nd December!

Will the Tim McMillan UFO News be headlines on the BBC, CNN, ITN, CNBC, RTE, RN etc, or will it just be important news (wirhin in the UFO community)?

48 hours before we find out .......

I'll be interested to see if this Wednesdays big UFO news outshines the Chinese Moon landing also due to be headlines 2nd December!

Will the Tim McMillan UFO News be headlines on the BBC, CNN, ITN, CNBC, RTE, RN etc, or will it just be important news (wirhin in the UFO community)?

48 hours before we find out .......

I'm always sceptical until I hear more. I especially hate announces like:

"BIG NEWS COMING ON 2ND DECEMBER"

If people really wanted to enlighten the public about this phenomenon then it shouldn't be done in a way intended to maximise hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gardesana Pecher

No, I dont believe, but I believe there is an effort to boost excitement about such things in the media lately.

The mysterious obelisk in Utah, an interview with Obama this week where they are joking about UFO intelligence ("I cant say")
    And so called big news on Wednesday.

I would be watching for big news on Wednesday, but not in the direction of UFOs, but the other news the media are obviously trying to deflect us from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Like the other announcements over the last year or two I think what we might hear on Wednesday won't make a blind bit of difference. Unless it's actually photos of recovered craft inside Area 51 or something.

What I wouldn't be at all surprised is to see a tweet put out by Trump before he goes along the lines of 'Roswell was real' or 'Aliens are here '.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://twitter.com/MusicAndTruth/status/1333646275300954112?s=19

Obama has always been an expert at shrugging off this topic.

Big UFO News to be announced today @7am EST (12 Noon) our time. No new UFO photographs or video it seems ......

But (as mentioned above) there is 17 minutes of UFO related revelations in the article to be be released today by UFO expert Lt Tim McMillan.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Big UFO News to be announced today @7am EST (12 Noon) our time. No new UFO photographs or video it seems ......

But (as mentioned above) there is 17 minutes of UFO related revelations in the article to be be released today by UFO expert Lt Tim McMillan.

Anyone any links yet

This sort of crap hurts the credibility of this subject area.

BIG NEWS ANNOUNCED IN 10 DAYS

JUST NINE DAYS TO GO

AT 12 PM NOON TODAY ect ect

It makes it very tabloid.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,134 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

it is nearly 1PM so what was the big news?

:cool:
    Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »

Have you seen or heard anything on twitter Fuzzy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

this looks like click bait

Advertisement