Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

Wine and pringles.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Steak and chips :) and now some popcorn and minstrels, reminds me of the cinema :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A few chinese nibbles with a cold cider for a break from cleaning my old boat wheel whilst half watching The Hangover part 111 in the background.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

An apple pie with a glass of milk. A perfect end to a near perfect day. The Sport was good and the beer was good too!

Chicken sandwich and a bag of tayto. Lazy food day after yesterday's roast dinner. I have sirloin thawed and beers chilling.

• Advertisement

Caught unawares today, no roasting joint in the freezer so had to settle for fillets of venison. Not the usual bill of fare on a Sunday but by Jasus it turned out well.

They look more well done than they actually were and no picture could do the gravy justice, it was made with the meat juices, beef stock, balsamic vinegar, blackcurrant jam and crushed garlic. One of the best dinners in a long while and the best fillet steak ever bar none.

Small Boost bar from the freezer now with a Smirnoff and cranberry juice while I contemplate the hunt in the morning to replenish the stocks.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

That meat looks amazing Rows and I never would have thought of putting blackcurrant jam into gravy but it makes delicious sense.
    I always put cocoa powder into tomato bolognese type sauces to add richness and I'll be trying the jam trick.

I had pad thai earlier but it was pretty bland. I'm hungry but in an indecisive mood. I want but dont want everything!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Porklife wrote: »
    I always put cocoa powder into tomato bolognese type sauces to add richness

Oh, interesting. I heard of putting chocolate into chilli con carne, but never this, must try it!
    I add fish sauce into tomato pasta sauce for unami flavour. It's just anchovy juice after all!

No frills or BS this evening. Mrs G had a simple fave of chips, beans and fried egg with bread and butter. A mug of tea to wash down. Ms G had chicken gouijons and chips with a splash of ketchup. Happy out.

I had a cheapo Supervalu sirloin out thawing. Not the best steak in the world. If you want it well done, you'd need a flame thrower! Thankfully I'm a juicy medium type so it was great with baby boiled spuds and mushy peas. I did throw a splash of bisto gravy over the steak and spuds.

IMG-20201122-201308.jpg

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Oh, interesting. I heard of putting chocolate into chilli con carne, but never this, must try it!
    I add fish sauce into tomato pasta sauce for unami flavour. It's just anchovy juice after all!

That's a really good idea, will try that.
    The cocoa powder is a tip from Jamie Oliver and dark chocolate is best as its richer.

I had bbq hula hoops..the packet seemed teeny tiny and there were only about 7 hoops in the pack! Might write them a letter.. Dear Mr. Hoop, please refrain from being a scabby tightarse...hungrily yours, Pork

• Advertisement

Steak and chips :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Orange glazed duck with egg fried rice and bamboo shoots/snow peas. Now a shot of Jameson sunk in a pint of Guinness.

I just demolished a bowl of Indonesian style chicken curry with Jasmine rice. I made it a few weeks ago from a recipe I got from a colleague in London earlier this year. Had a couple of portions in the freezer and pulled them out this morning. Yes you really can reheat thawed out curries that taste fab. I'm gonna make more and post a pic next time. If you like curry, this one will change your life. Honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I just demolished a bowl of Indonesian style chicken curry with Jasmine rice. I made it a few weeks ago from a recipe I got from a colleague in London earlier this year. Had a couple of portions in the freezer and pulled them out this morning. Yes you really can reheat thawed out curries that taste fab. I'm gonna make more and post a pic next time. If you like curry, this one will change your life. Honestly.

You will have to share the details now in your next post.

You will have to share the details now in your next post.

I sure will A. Lots of ingredients. When I make it again I'll share it in all its glory. It takes me a lot longer to make than my former colleague who made it like I'd make a fry up.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

sunflower seeds from the vending machine (best choice available) and an instant coffee. that's me sorted

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Pancetta, chilli and tomato pasta, like amatriciana, but I added frozen peas as well, because it seemed to make sense.

Half a small roast chicken, baby garlic potatoes and peas with a pint of Tanora.

Pure daycent.

Butter on cream crackers

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Fathom wrote: »
    Coffee and cake.

Um what kind of cake please? :D

• Advertisement

A real winter warmer meal tonight. Beef casserole, mash and I popped a couple of baby spuds into the casserole as well. Washed down with an ice cold glass of bainne. Dessert was a cherry bakewell tart.

IMG-20201124-163637.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Slow cooked pulled pork from aldi, the blue box in the meat section.

Didnt put the bbq sauce on as it doesn't need it. Buckets of flavour and melt in the mouth.

Simply having it in a brioche bun I spread with garlic butter.

Off the scale good.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Midnight feast of almost meatless sausage butty with best butter and honey, brown bread of course. Weak coffee

Cream crackers

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭global23214124

Miss the cinema so having some popcorn watching the invisible guardian

After eights...god they're good. I wonder if they're called after eights to remind you to stop after eight ðŸ§

A simple small piece of sirloin steak, garden peas and some Aldi potato gratin with extra cheddar from the tub. A dash of bisto over the steak. Maybe a glass of Aldi fizzy orange for the washdown. A youtube vid to help it along.:D

A very early start this beautiful cold dry morning that turned out a bit more taxing on the stamina than I had planned for, a quick shower and the usual boiled egg with two toast, a can of mock red bull at 1 and then arrived home to this and a glass of white wine 12 hours after the day began. Life is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭beerguts

Simple salad today Gem lettuce, tomato, spring onion with some grated cheese, I added about 3 table spoons of Paul Newmans ranch dressing. Its a beautiful salad dressing but packed full of sugar. I then added a toasted wrap on the George foreman of Pastrami, sauerkraut and some grated cheese with a bit of french's mustard as a dipping sauce. All in all it was very tasty.
    Washed down with 2 cups of Tae

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Mini daim bars. Help!

Advertisement