Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭heretothere

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I've ranted before about the weird things people keep in the fridge in work (and it usually opens up a right can of worms) but Aromat? Seriously??? :confused:

So weird, every one knows you keep that in the freezer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I am absolutely knackered and due to a bitch of a commute I won't see my sofa till 6.35pm.

Oh and a neighbour has put up their Xmas lights and I want to brick their windows.

Recipes that give you the ingredient measurements in "cups"...............AAGGHHHHH

I found a website that converts cups to grams, but each ingredient has a different cup-to-grams ratio.
    So a "cup" of flour is different to a "cup" of sugar, or grated cheese, and so on. And you have to separately convert/calculate everything that goes into the recipe.

It's the American system I think.

It drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I am absolutely knackered and due to a bitch of a commute I won't see my sofa till 6.35pm.

Oh and a neighbour has put up their Xmas lights and I want to brick their windows.

Oh I remember those days, would never commute again.

I don't think anyone will blame you for anything you do to those people. Its a free hit.

Oh I remember those days, would never commute again.

I don't think anyone will blame you for anything you do to those people. Its a free hit.

Bless you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

There's a family with their tree up on our road.

I really feel like calling in and saying what the fck is wrong with you? It's November 8th. :p

There's a family with their tree up on our road.

I really feel like calling in and saying what the fck is wrong with you? It's November 8th. :p

I believe right is on our side in this!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

There's two houses along our road with them up, rural south Cavan.
    They are both returnees from the states in recent years with kids, I think its thanksgiving this month.
    Anyway like yourself I'm TA because they start this every year at Halloween then through November and through Xmas till about mid January.
    Also, they just drive out their gates without looking right for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

inthehat wrote: »
    Recipes that give you the ingredient measurements in "cups"...............AAGGHHHHH

I found a website that converts cups to grams, but each ingredient has a different cup-to-grams ratio.
    So a "cup" of flour is different to a "cup" of sugar, or grated cheese, and so on. And you have to separately convert/calculate everything that goes into the recipe.

Yeah, they're volumetric measures so it's basically however much of a given substance fits into a given container. The absolute worst are recipes that combine volumetric measurements with absolute ones like mls, grammes or even ounces.

The only way to use American recipes without going around the twist trying to do conversions is to buy a set of measuring cups. ETA: ones that actually measure in cups!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I'm trying to work on an assignment that's due next week and my laptop just won't cooperate :mad:

I hear you! I've had that for over a week, just now figured out the margins and the like have reset themselves. TA sentient computers..:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bredabe wrote: »
    I hear you! I've had that for over a week, just now figured out the margins and the like have reset themselves. TA sentient computers..:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why do they do this? :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Ta'd by the fact that I chose to live somewhere outside of every takeaways delivery area.

I'm too tired to go get food, but I know food would make me feel a bit better. Life is hard today! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

inthehat wrote: »

It's the American system I think.

It drives me mad.
    Yeah, they're volumetric measures so it's basically however much of a given substance fits into a given container. The absolute worst are recipes that combine volumetric measurements with absolute ones like mls, grammes or even ounces.

The only way to use American recipes without going around the twist trying to do conversions is to buy a set of measuring cups. ETA: ones that actually measure in cups!

I bought a cement mixer some time back and it was a 100 litre mixer....but all the stuff you put in is in KG, so a bit of Maths involved at first,
    1 litre of water is = 1kg,
    then the fun, cement is heavier so less than a litre, sand different again, concrete different again, some a 1/2 litre =1kg, why not just have it as a 50kg mixer, Nah, that's simple.

You're right I know......it just annoys me to have to do that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

The price of non alcoholic beer! 4.80 for a 330ml bottle- fook off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

storker wrote: »
    Waiting with my daughter for her appointment at the local medical centre. We're 30 minutes early but no problem, there's a cafe on-site. But yes it is a problem, because it's cash only, no cards. So we don't get a snack, they don't get our money. Lose-lose. Why are so many businesses determined to ignore the 21st century?

Presumably they don't want to pay the merchant services fee for having the terminal along with the percentage cost per transaction. A short-sighted view.

Another TA of mine is the number of taxis who won't take credit cards. It's much easier for me to put the taxi on my work credit card rather than having to withdraw cash and then claim it back via expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TA at myself for never sitting down even though I'm exhausted.

Run myself ragged so by the time I do, all I'm fit for is (maybe) an hour of TV and I'm asleep.

TA'd at me tonight. :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've ranted before about the weird things people keep in the fridge in work (and it usually opens up a right can of worms) but Aromat? Seriously??? :confused:

Maybe the container says Aromat, but they've something else in there. I'd check for drugs or cash or diamonds, if I were you. It's the perfect hiding place, nobody in their right mind would think of keeping Aromat in the fridge, and nobody would dream of checking. If you find something interesting, I want my commission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The fridge at work. The kitchen at work too. Don't get me started on the microwave. Filthy feicers.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭anotherfinemess

TA = Christmas. All of it, except the dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

Piles. Series pain in the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Absolutely everything and everyone.

• Noises outside freaking me out.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Comfy in bed & needing to go for a pee.

If I go now, it would not be worth getting back into bed for only a few minutes. Getting up at 7.

Gonna try & hold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Schools.
    I have 3 boys in the same school
    They have just sent home Christmas cards that each of the boys made.They are €10 for a pack of ten.And the money has to be in today,.

Mt 2 TA are,
    1do they think people ( me) can find €30 out of thin air.As hes not working and moneys tight.

And
    2 not to at least give you a bit of notice.So you could try and get the money.

Kids are going to be so dissapointed as i just cant afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Schools.
    I have 3 boys in the same school
    They have just sent home Christmas cards that each of the boys made.They are €10 for a pack of ten.And the money has to be in today,.

Mt 2 TA are,
    1do they think people ( me) can find €30 out of thin air.As hes not working and moneys tight.

And
    2 not to at least give you a bit of notice.So you could try and get the money.

Kids are going to be so dissapointed as i just cant afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,643 ✭✭✭storker

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I always think it's to fiddle revenue but I'm just cynical like that. They probably don't want to pay commission on the sales.

The latter is easily fixed though, a simple surcharge could be applied to card purchases. The fiddling revenue possibility is less easy to fix, though...

Presumably they don't want to pay the merchant services fee for having the terminal along with the percentage cost per transaction. A short-sighted view.

True, but I see that there are now small terminals you can get that you link to you chosen bank account to take payments with. I'm not sure if these attract fees too but as the customer, I don't mind paying a small amount extra to cover this. Businesses should at least give people the option of doing so.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    You're just jealous you're not posh :pac: :p

That's not posh. Wannabe posh, maybe...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The weather !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement