Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection issues on PS5

• 18-06-2021 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'm having serious lag issues online for any games on my PS5. I have tested on the following games
      Fortnite - ping rate is high and I get the wifi signal with red X
      PES - generally getting 1 bar connections online games
      FIFA - red or orange connection and lag

I also subscribed to PSNOW and even streaming games it gets unplayable.

I have tried both WIFI (PS connection test is average 60MB download / 20MB upload)
    and WIRED via TP-link plugs (similar to above)

Just bugging me now and not sure how to fix the issue.

I should say PS4 had issues as well but not as bad as PS5.

The internet connection is 250MB and works perfectly for media streaming with no buffering issues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

I would try port forward to open your Nat also see if you have upnp on your router and enable it. I also try get a lan connection instead of wireless connection since it be more stable and less lag issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

rob808 wrote: »
    I would try port forward to open your Nat also see if you have upnp on your router and enable it. I also try get a lan connection instead of wireless connection since it be more stable and less lag issues.

Any idea how I would do that on Virgin media 3.0 router .

I’m gonna try downstairs direct into router

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

Any idea how I would do that on Virgin media 3.0 router .

I’m gonna try downstairs direct into router
    The best thing to do is go into the router with your pc check to see if you have upnp if so enable it. That will open port for you.If you don't you have to port forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

rob808 wrote: »
    The best thing to do is go into the router with your pc check to see if you have upnp if so enable it. That will open port for you.If you don't you have to port forward.

It’s actually working perfect when plugged direct into to router and I’m getting 245MB dl speed

I’ll try the upnp on the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Havoc51

Are you still having lag trouble with vm ,everyone says about gaming wired ,I've had vm since telewest 30 years ago and sh1 2 3 4 and 5 all have 1 problem ,lag on wired connection ,since I've had 1 gig I've lagged last night I that's f### it and played on wifi and best night in years

• Advertisement
Advertisement