Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Classic steel number plates

• 05-05-2020 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a supplier steel number plates?

I'm looking to get black steel number plates with embossed silver characters for a classic car.

I tried a few places last week but phones are ringing out, likely due to CV19, however I'm sure some places are still operating?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Parts for Cars do pressed plates - not certain they do silver on black, but they're open and their website allows online orders now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Thanks all... NowPlates and Radiator Services (which are the same company), are not answering their phone.

I've dealt with them before... they provide good plates but are very unorganised.

I'll give the others a shout tomorrow, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Ive always got my plates from eireplates,never an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The Eireplates ones have a nice font.
    Nothing looks worse than narrow Euro font or worse a white Euro plate, spoils the look of an otherwise good restoration job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

You could try autojumbler.ie but for some reason his site is down. Paul McNaughton 087 <mobile numbers by PM only>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭newmember2

Most motor factors...got my last pair in JFK auto parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

swarlb wrote: »
    You could try autojumbler.ie but for some reason his site is down. Paul McNaughton 087 <mobile numbers by PM only>

His mobile number is on his website, it's no secret, it's the number he uses for his business. The reason I posted it is because his site was down earlier in the day... it's now back up and running.

• Advertisement
Advertisement