Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Damaged car

• 03-05-2020 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

About a week back my cars' left side view mirror was stolen and today the right side mirror is gone as well. This has happened in Tallaght.

Since I am a doctor I need to travel to Hospital and use my car for this. Can someone guide me where can I get my car repaired. Are any mechanics workshops open these days? Any Spare Parts shops open these days.

Please guide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,066 ✭✭✭Mech1

What car? and how much of the mirror is missing? just the glass?

Photos really help.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Possibly use Micks garage or one of them to order mirrors? I replaced my drivers side mirror on a focus and the new one (once painted) was just as good as the old one for a third of the price of an OEM part. YouTube is your friend and shouldn’t take more than an hour to do each side.

Alternative would be a scrap yard but I’m not sure if they’re open.

Most mechanics should be open because you’re an essential worker, but expect to pay a chunk more.

Although I suspect others will disagree with Micks garage for parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

sounds like you have been infected with Culturus Parasiticus,
    or possibly its more mobile version Transitus Parasiticus

you may need a solution of Canus Biteycus

• Registered Users Posts: 46 LPC786

Mech1 wrote: »
    What car? and how much of the mirror is missing? just the glass?

Photos really help.

Is Toyota Avensis 2003. Mirrors were removed completely and even the Vipers were twisted. I fail to understand why would anyone do that in these times.

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Possibly use Micks garage or one of them to order mirrors? I replaced my drivers side mirror on a focus and the new one (once painted) was just as good as the old one for a third of the price of an OEM part. YouTube is your friend and shouldn’t take more than an hour to do each side.

Alternative would be a scrap yard but I’m not sure if they’re open.

Most mechanics should be open because you’re an essential worker, but expect to pay a chunk more.

Although I suspect others will disagree with Micks garage for parts.

Thanks Pete123456. That is really helpful. I will check with them. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Damien360

LPC786 wrote: »
    Is Toyota Avensis 2003. Mirrors were removed completely and even the Vipers were twisted. I fail to understand why would anyone do that in these times.

Tallaght hospital car park multi story ? Happened our 07 avensis while in out patients. They pulled the glass out but so much that they damaged the motor assembly for the mirror. Had to replace the assembly. Mick's garage will supply replacement glass but I couldn't get the assembly at the time other than via Toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Thanks Pete123456. That is really helpful. I will check with them. Thanks

No prob, put your reg in here, looks like they can dispatch tomorrow

https://www.micksgarage.com/d/wing-mirrors/toyota/toyota-avensis/avensis-saloon-2003-to-2008/products

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

somebody has an issue with you. I think CCTV is the first stop here, if you fix that car it will probably happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

sounds like you have been infected with Culturus Parasiticus,
    or possibly its more mobile version Transitus Parasiticus

you may need a solution of Canus Biteycus

Got the first two, but the last one has me scratching my head. >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Guard dog

• Advertisement

somebody has an issue with you. I think CCTV is the first stop here, if you fix that car it will probably happen again.

Thats what I fear too.

Have lived here for two years. Never had nay problem with anyone. Dont know why is anyone doing that

Pete123456 wrote: »
    No prob, put your reg in here, looks like they can dispatch tomorrow

https://www.micksgarage.com/d/wing-mirrors/toyota/toyota-avensis/avensis-saloon-2003-to-2008/products

You are just amazing. Thank you Pete.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Tallaght hospital car park multi story ? Happened our 07 avensis while in out patients. They pulled the glass out but so much that they damaged the motor assembly for the mirror. Had to replace the assembly. Mick's garage will supply replacement glass but I couldn't get the assembly at the time other than via Toyota.

Sorry to hear that Damien. Will definitely check Micks Garage. Thanks

I have informed Garda but they are useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,418 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Logic Fleet in Tallaght played a blinder for me a few weeks ago and are operating. Andy there is a top guy

Advertisement