Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

@witnessmenow

I understand time is an issue for you re. updating the site, but if there's a cost involved would it help if some of us regulars here were to pool together to help fund that would that help? I know I'd be willing to throw in a few quid to help get it back up and running - as much for the stock element referenced above as for the bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭VanZan

It's Argos's fault. They stopped paying a commission on items reserved through CheckArgos (something like that anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

beauf wrote: »
    Was a super idea and super site and the usability was so easy.

Argos should have brought it off you. It drove who knows how much sales to them.

Especially useful for clearing old stock inventory.

Absolutely agree. I rarely buy anything in Argos since CA has been down.

@witnessmenow - thank you for all the time and effort you have put into it over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

Is the Argos value drill any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

cena wrote: »
    Is the Argos value drill any good?

I got the cordless hammer drill. Grand as a glorified screwdriver, but it's going to struggle really really badly with anything masonry wise. Which is no surprise.

No idea if the electric drill will be any good. Guessing not, but for the money worth a punt, even if it only lasts for one job.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭bassy

I got the cordless hammer drill. Grand as a glorified screwdriver, but it's going to struggle really really badly with anything masonry wise. Which is no surprise.

No idea if the electric drill will be any good. Guessing not, but for the money worth a punt, even if it only lasts for one job.

can you link me to the cordless drill/screwdriver please.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Drill, Sander and Jigsaw for €30! :D

IMG-20200118-104432.jpg

FYI - the drill went up from €9 to €17.99 yesterday but politely asked and they reduced price at till.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Price scanner not updating neither now for Argos argos really seem set on making finding a bargain difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maxiiim

This morning, Argos website changed layout a bit.
    Finally some changes :) Maybe some day they will bring back their referral program too!

https://pricescanner.ie/ is working again for Argos.

Thanks RobbingBandit for highlighting !
    Price scanner not updating neither now for Argos argos really seem set on making finding a bargain difficult.

• Advertisement

Thanks grabbed NBA 2K20 for Switch just now. Pricechange and checkargos are/were great for bargain hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Folks, could someone tell if the interest on the Pay Now Buy Later is applied from the start, or after 6 months if items are not paid in full. I'm look at some fitness equipment and would like to pay it off in installments,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Updating the site.

Oq78KZh.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Suckit wrote: »
    Updating the site.

Oq78KZh.png?1

Well almost anything will be better than their existing mobile site. It's an exercise in frustration as it is. Absolutely pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

It's back but it seems the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭wally79

It was just updating with the new catalogue i thought

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Argos website is one of the worst I've come across.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

What's most shocking is that the UK site is perfectly decent, surely all they need to do is copy that and add prices in euro?!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Your username is the best I've come across.

Seriously though the Argos site on mobile is absolute dogsh@t, jumps all over the place and it constantly switches between the mobile and desktop version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Do I have to wait until midnight to be allowed reserve for Friday?
    Right now I can only reserve from 19th to COB 20th.
    Want to reserve it for Friday 21st :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Do I have to wait until midnight to be allowed reserve for Friday?
    Right now I can only reserve from 19th to COB 20th.
    Want to reserve it for Friday 21st :)
    You'll need to wait until opening hours tomorrow I think.. 9am or thereabouts.

Yeah after midnight as the item is reserved until close of business the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Basq wrote: »
    You'll need to wait until opening hours tomorrow I think.. 9am or thereabouts.
    Yeah after midnight as the item is reserved until close of business the next day

Okay, either way I'll be going to bed in half an hour, so I'll worry about it tomorrow! Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

LowOdour wrote: »
    Folks, could someone tell if the interest on the Pay Now Buy Later is applied from the start, or after 6 months if items are not paid in full. I'm look at some fitness equipment and would like to pay it off in installments,

If you pay in full before the 6 months is up you get the interest free but if you even have 1c left over a day after the interest free ends you'll pay the exorbitant interest rate on the entire amount- not thr amount outstanding.

Presumably that's how they make their money.

Definitely after midnight rather than opening time tomorrow morning I do it all the time for Nintendo switch games once the date is the next day the item is reserved until the shop closes 24 hours later

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

I am very confused with the exceptions to the retail shops that have to close due to coronavirus outbreak. Is Argos.ie open or closed?

I think their UK shops are online only but don't think we have that option here on small items? Their website is updating/offline since last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Darksoul

Weyhey wrote: »
    I am very confused with the exceptions to the retail shops that have to close due to coronavirus outbreak. Is Argos.ie open or closed?

I think their UK shops are online only but don't think we have that option here on small items? Their website is updating/offline since last night.
    My local Argos (Clonmel) branch is open today as normal but reduced hours,it's in a shopping centre and only a few other places open as well. I can't use online though seems to be under maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I got an email yesterday that an order was cancelled and they're all closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭jules86

Following government advice, Argos stores are now closed. This means we have had to cancel your reservation. We are working to get our website and delivery services open as usual. We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your support and understanding.

This is what they text me last night

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Their website appears to be down this morning, despite their twitter saying online is still open

Advertisement