Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Dunnes had 12 Guinness for 15.
    Those and then onto camden last night
    Need crisps and pizza today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,075 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Lidl

Franziskaner/Bulmers 500ml any 4 for €6
    20th-26th Feb.

Molson 20x330ml bottles down to €12.99 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Way off topic.... apologies

Just listening to the news on RTE

Irish Distillers is releasing a collection of 44 bottles of whiskey with a price tag of €35,000 per bottle - the most expensive Irish whiskey in the world.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0218/1116040-whiskey/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Invincible

elperello wrote: »
    Lidl have 20x 330ml bottles Molson for €13.99.

€12.99 in Lidl presently 🙂

Invincible wrote: »
    Even better...

Yes, that was last week.
    This week's price €12.99.
    Watch this space for next week's:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

any deals on cans of Guinness at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭ablelocks

casio4 wrote: »
    any deals on cans of Guinness at the moment?

12 for €12 in Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Need more offers for school breaks in future. Won't someone think of the parents that need a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Any Heineken deal? Was in Tesco but nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl
    I03SNuZ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The auld "from" marketing line. I remember aldi and/or lidl leaflets over christmas with load of photos of boxes & trays of beer and no bloody price showing!

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

rubadub wrote: »
    The auld "from" marketing line. I remember aldi and/or lidl leaflets over christmas with load of photos of boxes & trays of beer and no bloody price showing!

Unsure if this is done to make it look like all could be €9.99 or if it's some rule the alcohol companies have so as not to show specific low prices for their brand. Either way I shall invest in some Guinness later.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,381 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Unsure if this is done to make it look like all could be €9.99 or if it's some rule the alcohol companies have so as not to show specific low prices for their brand. Either way I shall invest in some Guinness later.

I think it is the former... have seen the same trick with unbranded wines in ALDI and LIDL eg from 4.99.

Very deceptive when most of them are more expensive.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I think it is the former... have seen the same trick with unbranded wines in ALDI and LIDL eg from 4.99.

Very deceptive when most of them are more expensive.

You're right, they're getting very sneaky too lately with the way they are placing very similar looking products under the red signs that declare special offers, that wholenut chocolate in the green wrapper last week was a prime example.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭amber2

No Guinness to be found on offer in my local, didn’t check the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

amber2 wrote: »

Didn't see 12 packs of guinness in Galway earlier.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If anyone is in a border area- Sainsburys have 15 year old Glenfiddich reduced to £33 for a 70cl bottle. Normal price is £40 a bottle.

amber2 wrote: »

those 12 packs of Guinness are in my local Lidl for €17.99

Take yourself to Aldi Atlantic Dawn, 12 Guinness for €12. Although I checked 2 stores today and they had none but luckily the 3rd store I went to did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Heineken was twelve euro for eight cans in my local lidl. Could really do with a few deals as crimbo stock has run out :-) thank god paddys day is coming ive even resorted to drinking carlsberg and bud i was given as presents ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Got the last one in Dunnes today.

20x330ml Miller €11.50 bb date March 14 2020.

Probably just a local overstock but worth looking out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl

3 litre wine box Cimarosa Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon €14.99

February 27th - March 4th

(that works out at €3.75 per bottle)

zell12 wrote: »

that flew off the shelves good luck finding any stock

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Ben Done

I'm fully Coronavirus ready for foodstuffs and general provisions, but the vodka reserves are dangerously low.

I'm hoping there'll be Paddy's Day deals on the horizon - but in case we're all quarantined before then, anyone know of any value in Smirnoff / Absolut at the minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone got a favorite Paddy’s Day cocktail?

Any deals on creme de Menthe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone got a favorite Paddy’s Day cocktail?

Any deals on creme de Menthe?

If you want to use green in a cocktail chartreuse, apple schnapps and midori are other options.

An Irish Lady contains 1 shot of midori, 3 shots champagne, 1 shot of orange juice

You might consider just using food colouring in a white cocktail. Unless you make a lot of cocktails, the green coloured alcohols have a habit of staying at the back of your bar for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

If you want to use green in a cocktail chartreuse, apple schnapps and midori are other options.

An Irish Lady contains 1 shot of midori, 3 shots champagne, 1 shot of orange juice

You might consider just using food colouring in a white cocktail. Unless you make a lot of cocktails, the green coloured alcohols have a habit of staying at the back of your bar for a few years.

Midori is manky! Who decided watermelon liqueur should even be a thing...ewwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭garfie1d

Was in Tesco Drundrum (Dublin) last night and they had the 8 pack of Karpackie reduced to clear for €8.25, They have been slowly closing some aisles to move the shop floor around recently and must be shifting excess stockpiles probably about 10 packs left on the shelf last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭sceach16

O'Briens have a sale per website. 5to10 euro off Black Barrell, Teeling , Crested, Dingle Malt etc .

https://www.obrienswine.ie/spirits/spirits/irish-whiskey/sort-by/price/sort-direction/desc.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement