Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Barbour - with Raymond Brigg's Father Christmas

Lidl Ireland

Asda: Let's Make Christmas Extra Special

Amazon

Macy’s: Santa Girl

• Advertisement

New Zealand Post

I like that new Zealand post one. Really good concept. Christmas is made up of little white lies and sneaking around behind each other's backs. One of the rare times when it's a positive not a negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Jude13

Love the NZ Post one and the barbour one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Visa 2019 Advert
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Aldi Australia: The Miracle Ham

• Advertisement

Pandora: Show her that you know her
    short and sweet !

TK Maxx - Gift Different

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

otnomart wrote: »
    TK Maxx - Gift Different

Looks like Duke Caboom :D

Zalando

Hobby Lobby: Christmas Is What You Make It

Target

Selfridges Presents: Future Fantasy - A Christmas for Modern Times

Mercedes Benz 2019 - "The Negotiation" ad

So many ads are out already.
    So far, though, none of the new ones for me is a patch on my faves from last year: Sainsbury's and Heathrow Airport.

otnomart wrote: »
    So many ads are out already.
    So far, though, none of the new ones for me is a patch on my faves from last year: Sainsbury's and Heathrow Airport.

I'm not sure any of last years were good enough to add to my collection IIRC, thought they were all average at best. I know a few people loved last years Dunnes Stores advert for example but for me it wasnt a patch on the one they'd used for the previous few years, likewise the LIDL one changing from the one the year before was a mistake as well IMO... but hey maybe thats why I dont work in marketing :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Last years LIDL one was lovely, this years one is cheesy and nowhere near as good.

Loughc wrote: »
    Last years LIDL one was lovely, this years one is cheesy and nowhere near as good.

Thought the one the year before with the family doing up the old family home & bringing the grandfather back was the best they've done (just my opinion to be fair), it was an instant classic with a great version of the song used too. I loved/love it.

Reminds me, must break out my adverts playlist soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Thought the one the year before with the family doing up the old family home & bringing the grandfather back was the best they've done (just my opinion to be fair), it was an instant classic with a great version of the song used too. I loved/love it.

That’s the one I’m thinking of too. :)

Share the playlist here when you dig it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Definitely in my top 5 Christmas ads of all time. Thought is captured the meaning of Christmas perfectly.

Share the playlist here when you dig it out.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, how do I do that?

At the risk of sounding ignorant, how do I do that?

If it’s on YouTube there should be a share function :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Yes loved the previous Lidl Ad,

If it’s on YouTube there should be a share function :)

ah, I have them all downloaded & normally play them through the TV or PC monitor... will see if I can source them all on YouTube though.

I'm not great at that sort of stuff though so leave it with me.

• Advertisement

ah, I have them all downloaded & normally play them through the TV or PC monitor... will see if I can source them all on YouTube though.

I'm not great at that sort of stuff though so leave it with me.

AH no need to go through that much trouble. You have given me the idea for a Christmas TV Advert playlist... might throw together a thread and compile the greatest Christmas TV Advert playlist. :)

Advertisement