Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 silly_bill

hi, im new to this but i applied to Group HR on deadline day & received an invitation to online- aptitude test that has to be finished before Sunday 1st April ....Has anyone else completed this and whats it like? Im scared!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

silly_bill wrote: »
    hi, im new to this but i applied to Group HR on deadline day & received an invitation to online- aptitude test that has to be finished before Sunday 1st April ....Has anyone else completed this and whats it like? Im scared!:(

I applied too. Haven't heard anything yet. Wonder does that mean I haven't made next round. When did you receive email about aptitude test? I applied on deadline day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Got an email earlier telling me I'd be getting another email tomorrow with details for the aptitude test, I'd sent off the application the 18th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 silly_bill

Hi Joey54,

I received my email around 5pm today?

silly_bill wrote: »
    Hi Joey54,

I received my email around 5pm today?

I got one too. Great, it's a verbal, numerical and inductive reasoning test.
    Never done anything like this before, wonder what it will be like.

Presume it will be timed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Krys22

According to the online test provider for BOI, "For every 2000 applicants about 800 get short-listed for the ability test and 100 of these proceed to the final interview". It goes without saying that the tests will be hard in-order to eliminate people :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eamonpm

Has anyone received the email from SHL yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭MoMo1987

also got the first email from BOI yesterday, no sign of the SHL email yet.

Has anyone done anything like this before? is there any practice tests to do?

Yes, there are practice tests available at www.shldirect.com. The verbal reasoning is extremely easy - if you can read and apply some simple logic. The deductive reasoning one is a little tricky, but doable. The numerical reasoning one is tough, mainly because the time limit is tight - you really have to stick to about 1 min per problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 becm

Hey guys - I'm in the same position as ye, first email from BOI on Tuesday evening but still waiting on the one from SHL that should have arrived yesterday - has anyone got it yet??

• Advertisement

I contacted BOI this morning. They said I should receive the link and instructions this morning. The closing date for completing your aptitude test has also been moved to 12:00 noon on Monday 2nd April.

eamonpm wrote: »
    I contacted BOI this morning. They said I should receive the link and instructions this morning. The closing date for completing your aptitude test has also been moved to 12:00 noon on Monday 2nd April.

Thanks for that! I was going to contact them myself this morning but I figured I'd get an answer faster on this! Great - fingers crossed so!!

I find it mildly amusing that i received 2emails in last 30mins, 1with log in details the 2nd to remind me its to be completed by march 24th and I still have it outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Grassey, I got that email too. I'm at work so just checked my emails on my phone and got a bit of a fright that I'd somehow missed the deadline. Couldn't read the blooming email properly on my phone either. It must be some kind of mix up by SHL.

Anyone know how long the online tests take altogether? I might do them this evening if I have time.

1st email said 3tests 45mins each.

Grassey wrote: »
    I find it mildly amusing that i received 2emails in last 30mins, 1with log in details the 2nd to remind me its to be completed by march 24th and I still have it outstanding.

Yes mine said 24th March too. Going to email them to get confirmation that Sunday is the closing date!

Hey has anyone done the actually test yet?

Just wondering is there a time limit, like do you have to do the three tests in a row or is it possible to say do one today and the rest over the weekend?

Also on my list of tests to be completed are:

1. Logical Reasoning
    2. Verbal Reasoning
    3. Numerical Reasoning

Is this the same for everyone?

MoMo1987 wrote: »
    Hey has anyone done the actually test yet?

Just wondering is there a time limit, like do you have to do the three tests in a row or is it possible to say do one today and the rest over the weekend?

Also on my list of tests to be completed are:

1. Logical Reasoning
    2. Verbal Reasoning
    3. Numerical Reasoning

Is this the same for everyone?

Hey, I'm fairly sure that you can log in and out so you can do them as you wish to....except that the order is determined, so you start with the verbal reasoning and only then can you complete the numerical etc. I did the verbal earlier, but I'm kicking myself cause I know it didn't go well :(

Cheers for the reply Becm

Thats a pity that order is predetermined I would have liked to get the numerical reasoning out of the way first.

I can't seem to find a practice test for the Logical Reasoning test, can anyone help me out with a link for this? or even explain what its like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 weebey

hi, is anyone else having trouble actually starting the test? i keep getting ''There was a problem with the assessment system, an error occurred. Please contact support. [Code #5210] {0}'' when i try start

• Advertisement

MoMo1987 wrote: »
    I can't seem to find a practice test for the Logical Reasoning test, can anyone help me out with a link for this? or even explain what its like?

I think its the inductive reasoning under tests. Pain to do though, can only use IE 6, 7 or 8. had to downgrade IE9 to do it, reinstall and enable flash, I was demoralised before even deciding to start it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mj54

Does the closing date of 1st April mean that we have to do it this evening before the 1st or can I wait till tomorrow to do them?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Hi, my email said that the closing date was the 2nd of April.

I just completed the tests this morning. They don't take 45 minutes each, you get 19 mins for the verbal and 25 mins each for the logic and numerical tests. Numerical was definitely the toughest because it's quite tight on time. So fingers crossed they went OK! At least we'll hear back by the 9th whether we've progressed or not.

Best of luck to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 walshc54

I only got my email from shl an hour ago saying the closing date is 26th of March!

Anyone know what the package is like? Are you guaranteed to get a permanent contract and what is the salary? I applied for the credit risk programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

jasus didn't think the numerical would be so hard!

first two parts were grand but 2 parts were awful.

60% at best in that!

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Hi, my email said that the closing date was the 2nd of April.

I just completed the tests this morning. They don't take 45 minutes each, you get 19 mins for the verbal and 25 mins each for the logic and numerical tests. Numerical was definitely the toughest because it's quite tight on time. So fingers crossed they went OK! At least we'll hear back by the 9th whether we've progressed or not.

Best of luck to everyone :)

So we're definitely supposed to hear by the 9th?? Has anyone heard anything yet then??! :eek:

becm wrote: »
    So we're definitely supposed to hear by the 9th?? Has anyone heard anything yet then??! :eek:

No nothing. How do we know its the 9th? was that in someone's email?

CavanGal wrote: »
    No nothing. How do we know its the 9th? was that in someone's email?

Yeah someone else said it above, but I didn't get any info like that at all, the 9th kind of seems a bit soon considering the online tests were only due on the 2nd.

becm wrote: »
    Yeah someone else said it above, but I didn't get any info like that at all, the 9th kind of seems a bit soon considering the online tests were only due on the 2nd.

I did other tests like it before and got the results quite quickly because they are corrected by computer so really the results would be generated immediately. I was actually surprised it would take so long. Hate this waiting malarky!

• Advertisement

CavanGal wrote: »
    I did other tests like it before and got the results quite quickly because they are corrected by computer so really the results would be generated immediately. I was actually surprised it would take so long. Hate this waiting malarky!

I know, the waiting is just horrible! I suppose the delay is because they need to compare all of our results, but still...I'd like to know!!

Advertisement