Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Sir Vival wrote: »
    This is the only game that i'd have a bit of interest in. Crusheen are 3rd in the div.1 league while clonlara are rock bottom with only one win. Surely there is something were missing with crusheen @21/10. Might put something small on it.

this is from clares hoganstand site:

Clonlara v Crusheen @ Cusack Park, Tuesday

These two heavyweights are right in contention to reach the quarter-finals and whoever wins will secure their place in the knockout rounds. In 2008 it took a replay to separate these two in the semi-finals and another gripping game is hoped for here. Nicky O'Connell and John Moloney were absent from the Clonlara side that thrashed Corofin in Round 3 and supporters of the south-east Clare team will hope that both players return for this clash. Despite suffering relegation from the Clare Cup, the 2008 county champions expect to go a long way in the championship. Key players for them include Darach Honan, John Conlon, Nicky O'Connell, the O'Donovan brothers (Tomas, Domhnall and Cormac) and Paul Collins. Crusheen will be in confident mode and have a 100% record so far in this year's championship. Their main performers are Gerry O'Grady, the Meaneys (Paddy and Joe), Cathal and Cian Dillon, Donal Tuohy and Fergus Kennedy. They will hope to have Pat Vaughan back from injury. It promises to be an exciting game between two of the county's best sides with Clonlara just getting the nod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Clubmad

We'll find out around half 8 survival but from what i've been told and from the Tbles it looks like a great price, Paddy have been known to be wrong, fingers Crosssed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

any results from tonights games,cant find any links to clare hurling results,and the porlaoise result hasnt been updated yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭funnyname

So Portlaois, CIT, O'Calls, St Joes all won, Killenuale in Tipp won but only after Extra time and the long shot of the night Crusheen were beaten by a point......

Not too far away for an 11/1 shot but still coming up short!

• Advertisement

hey lads just see that odds are up for the offaly games.

seir kierans are a big price to beat tullamore @ 5/4. The key to tullamore is keeping shane dooley quiet and i feel that seir kierans have plenty of capable hurlers to keep him tight plus the venue kilcormac is a tight pitch so dooley wont have to much space. While tullamore are county champions there was a certain element of luck involved in winning it! In the last round they got bet by a limited st rynaghs team by 8 pts. The tullamore goalkeeper is 49 and is a liability, he let in 2 very soft goals against st rynaghs. As for seir kierans, many people around the county view this team to be the next offaly kingpins. they are a young side with some very fine, tough hurlers some of whom narrowly missed out on an U-21 title after losing in a 2nd replay on friday gone. Of course im not saying that they are dead certs but definetly not underdogs in ths game, i was hoping for 4/6 or 4/7 for them in this match so i was pleasently surprised to see 5/4 * also just found out that stephan egan for tullamore is still injured, he was magnificent for them last year and is now on the county team. he will be a big big loss for tullamore

In the other games worth a look, in short: kilcormac should have too much for shinrone and they should be winning this comfortably if they have ideas of winning the county title this year.

And if you have a spare fiver, brosna gaels could be worth a bet they arent as bad as their last results suggests, apparently they matched coolderry (probably 2nd best team in the county) in the hurling side of things but brosna gaels first choice keeper was injured and their 2nd choice had an absolute nightmare between the sticks.

well thats my 2cents:)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

how ya lads great thread. just joined. like betting on the clubs games aswell. from waterford so heres my opinion about this weekends senior matches.

Ballygunner vs De la salle, there evens for this and i fancy the county champs here by a few points, DLS started off the championship with a defeat to ballyduff upper,then went on to beat abbeyside and stradbally fairly easily, the gunners come into this game on the back of a defeat in the last round to bduff upper aswell,having won there 1st match. with only one win under there belts theyl been keen for the victory as they need 2 wins from remainin 3 matches to be sure of qualifying.

http://www.waterford-news.ie/news/story/?trs=mhcwsneycw
    heres a report from there last match, reckon with all the missing players back theyl be strong and come out on top. most should be back as last round was 6 weeks ago now,, havent herd any team news on injuries yet, will keep ya posted.

Dungarvan vs Ballyduff Lower 10/11. Dungarvan are real value here, they were 11/8 on pp yeastrday and i tink theyl shorten again before sunday, its a must win for both, the 2 havent won so far and the loser will almost for sure go into the relegation final, since promotion dungarvan have been impressive,but in there last match they were missing a host of players and got absolutley hammered by in form Passge, Ballyduff Lwr have been poor all year with 6 or 7 of last years team gone through emigration etc, they havent the quality and had to concede a walkover in there 2nd round match vs Mount Sion, they havent won league match either, with dungarvan posting big tallys in a few of there matches, they have a young team with alot of talent in there ranks, 6 or 7 of the starting team will be contesting the under 21A county final vs Ballygunner next week aswell. this will be a tough game and u couldnt write off bduff lower, but it would be a surprise if dungarvan didnt win this 1
    Dungarvan by 4-5 points

to sum up the other games, abbeyside @1/3 should be beating a poor stradbally team that rely heavily on brick walsh and forward shane ahearne.but abbeyside themselves havnt been great this year in truth.
    Id fancy Mount Sion 1/2 to beat passage, sion havent won the county title in a few years and if they have ambitions of it this year should be winning this,the most succesful club in waterford by a mile but dipped in recent years.with tony browne Ken mcgrath still around they wont be far off, Eoin kelly formerly of sion going back to former club aswell will make things interesting.
    Tallow Lismore will be close, local derby, Lismore need to win, if dan and co are on form i think thry might just
    Bduff Upper vs Fourmilewater, the upper are in sum form this year and are one of the favs for the title, should be winning this 1, but 4mile are tough and i think itl be a close 1

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Great last two post dotsflan and storykid, that's what i like to see. Will definately take yer opinions into account.

I'll second that SirVival, great posts lads !

I should have any of my reviews in this evening!

Carlow:always had a bit of an interset in carlow football so might do a small acc on some of the games this weekend

Fenagh v Tinryland: tinyryland could really do with winning this one to make sure they go through to the quarters,fenagh not going well at all.not much value,but still a decent bet.

Ballon v Mount Leinster Rangers: MLR had a good start to the group stages and should win this one by a few points

Eire Og v Old Leighlin: eire og really need this one,to get out of the group,but so do old leighlin.eire og have a handy last game,and old leighlin have a tough one.this result could well decide who goes through.eire og to win because of experience or old leighlin on form?? il prob keep away from this one or maybe do trebles.

St Patricks v Rathvilly: rathvilly should win this no problem,no real value in this game.

dont know much about the rest of the teams but have word from a carlow lad that kilbride will beat on hannrahans.

• Advertisement

storykid wrote: »
    Ballygunner vs De la salle, there evens for this and i fancy the county champs here by a few points, DLS started off the championship with a defeat to ballyduff upper,then went on to beat abbeyside and stradbally fairly easily, the gunners come into this game on the back of a defeat in the last round to bduff upper aswell,having won there 1st match. with only one win under there belts theyl been keen for the victory as they need 2 wins from remainin 3 matches to be sure of qualifying.

just a heads up, ballygunner will be missing a few so be best leave this one alone, could go wither way. might be worth a euro or 2 on a draw id say

Is it this weekend them roscommon mathces are on sir vival? wonder will ppower put up the odds

just a heads up, ballygunner will be missing a few so be best leave this one alone, could go wither way. might be worth a euro or 2 on a draw id say

Is it this weekend them roscommon mathces are on sir vival? wonder will ppower put up the odds

ya they'll be up within the next couple of hours. Just checked there and the longford ones are up (like the look of slashers @8/13...).

Prices for the games in roscommon are up!

(1) Elphin are 2/5 to beat croans
    Im very happy with these odds (thought they could be 1/3 or even 1/4). I'd put the house on elphin.

(2) Faithleachas are 4/7 to beat roscommon gaels
    Very happy with these odds also. If faithleachas turn up, they'll win.

If you just want to go with 1 team (if ye dont trust me yet :p) go with elphin.

Get on now because im fairly sure the prices will shorten (elphin's anyways)

No odds for St.Aidans v Kilbride (it's a relegation semi-final so they musn't be doing it) It will be too tight to bet big on anyways.

Right these are my first 2 bets for the gaa this weekend

€10 accum:

Longford Slashers @ 8/13
    De La Salle @ 8/11
    Kilcormac/K @ 3/10
    Mount Sion @ 1/2

€20 single Seir kieran to beat tullamore @ 5/4

My big bet
    (1) Elphin v St. Croans @2/5
    (2) St. Faithleachas v Ros gaels @4/7
    (3) Tyrone minors v Mayo minors @2/7 (was tempted to go with tyrone(-1) @2/5 but played it safe, i do think they'll win comfortably though
    (4) St. Columbas v Longford slashers @8/13. Added slashers at the last minute as i thought this was way too big a price to turn down, hope i dont regret it.

€25 returns €114.23

Mon the slashers!!!

Crazy accy
    (2) Elphin v St. Croans @2/5
    (3) St.Brigids v Clann na nGael @2/5
    (4) Tyrone minors(-1) v Mayo minors @2/5
    (5) Passage v Mount Sion @1/2
    (6) Stradbally v Abbeyside @1/3
    (7) Dungarvan v Ballyduff lower @4/5
    (8) Longford slashers v St. Columbas @8/13
    (9) Ballyduff upper v Fourmilewater @2/5
    (10) St.Patricks v Rathvilly @1/10
    (11) Kilcormac v Shirone @3/10
    (12) Cork minors v Galway minors @8/13
    (13) Monaghan harps v Ballybay @1/2
    (14) Magheracloone v Truagh @1/6
    (15) Castleblayney Faughs v Drumhowan @1/6

€1 around €90

Right, another late entry from meself..................

This is from talking to lads who play and love there ball in the respective counties and taken there views of around 40 odd matches this is what im left with:

Waterford:
    Dungarvan @ 4/5
    Mount Sion @ 1/2

Offaly:
    Kilcormac @ 3/10

Roscommon:
    Elphin @ 2/5
    St.Faith @ 4/7

Galway:
    Corofin @ 1/2

Westmeath:
    Clonkill @ 2/7

Kerry:
    Keirn O'Rahilly @ 8/13

Carlow:
    Tinryland @ 2/5

Fermanagh:
    St. Patricks @ 4/9

Laois:
    Graigue Cullen @ 1/3

Total 64/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭funnyname

any odds available for the clare club games this weekend?

just an update on the tullamore seir kieran game, seir kieran won 2-27 to 2-11, i thought theyed win but not by that much:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

My big bet
    (1) Elphin v St. Croans @2/5
    (2) St. Faithleachas v Ros gaels @4/7
    (3) Tyrone minors v Mayo minors @2/7 (was tempted to go with tyrone(-1) @2/5 but played it safe, i do think they'll win comfortably though

Liking the look of this treble.. I'll decide 2moro after i see how my footie bets go

just wondering what you guys know about the minor match? i havent a great knowledge of the minor scene and am thinking of following you guys by putting tyrone in an accum. I do know that mayo struggled to beat offaly, and offaly were well beaten in the leinster final, i presume this is why tyrone are hot favourites?

• Advertisement

dotsflan wrote: »
    just an update on the tullamore seir kieran game, seir kieran won 2-27 to 2-11, i thought theyed win but not by that much:)

Well done, great call. Nice to be up a bit before the weekend even starts.
    just wondering what you guys know about the minor match? i havent a great knowledge of the minor scene and am thinking of following you guys by putting tyrone in an accum. I do know that mayo struggled to beat offaly, and offaly were well beaten in the leinster final, i presume this is why tyrone are hot favourites?

I've seen tyrone play twice (against armagh and kerry) and they comfortably mauled both teams. Mayo are good (seen them against roscommon and listened to them on radio against offaly) but rely totally on cillian o connor, tyrone will have a system in place to stop him. Tyrone also have a very good record against mayo at this level and this year are being touted as one of the best tyrone minor teams in years. I personally think they'll win this by 4 or 5 but if they want to it could be by much more.

taken from a meath poster on another website

EDIT:JUST CHECKED THERE AND LOOKS LIKE THE ODDS FOR THE MEATH GAMES ARE DOWN

8/11 Donaghmore/Ashbourne 13/2 Skyrne 11/8
    Don't see any love lost between these two neighbours. Donaghmore/Ashbourne have come a long way since losing to Summerhill on the opening day of the championship, the highlight of which was probably a convincing win over Navan O'Mahonys at tonight's venue, Pairc Tailteann. Skyrne, on the other hand, only qualified for the knockout stages on the final day of fixtures, seeing off Dunboyne. Donaghmore/Ashbourne will look to Cormac McGill and Seanie Curran to keep things tight in defence, while in midfield, they possess the hugely athletic Eoin Reilly and a menacing full-forward line of Davy Morgan, Niall Farrell and Andy Tormey. Skyrne don't possess anything like that calibre of footballer and will probably hope to keep things tight, and hope Ian Davis, Trevor Giles and Paddy O'Rourke fire up front. Donaghmore/Ashbourne by four or five.
    VERDICT - DONAGHMORE/ASHBOURNE

5/4 Seneschalstown 13/2 Wolfe Tones 4/5
    Without doubt, the tie of the round and the betting reflects exactly how close this mouth-watering fixture actually is. Last year's two finalists, and it took a second outing on a Thursday night to separate them. And even though the Yellow Furze men were crowned champions, I felt at the time, Wolfe Tones wasted an abundance of chances. Neither side were particularly impressive in their final outing, Wolfe Tones hauling back St. Patricks to earn a draw and Seneschalstown succumbing to Walterstown. Obviously, Damian Sheridan's will be hoping for big games from his three sons and his two nephews in the side but in goalkeeper, Davy Lyons and forwards Stevie Finnegan and Bunjee Clarke, they have three players who never fail to rise to the challenge at this stage of the competition. Wolfe Tones ace card is obviously Cian Ward but the return to fitness of the McLoughlins, Niall and Ciaran, will also be crucial to the chances of the Oristown/Kilberry men. Seneschalstown to edge another thriller.
    VERDICT - SENESCHALSTOWN

15/8 Walterstown 13/2 Dunboyne 8/15
    Can't say I know a whole lot about either of these sides but Walterstown final day win over Seneschalstown, which I did attend, was impressive, just as they have been throughout the whole of this year's championship. Dunboyne, on the other hand, started their campaign well but ultimately fell into the quarter-finals, losing their final two games to St. Patricks and Skyrne respectively. One aspect that was particularly impressive by the Blacks in that Seneshcalstown game was their midfield and they will need to equal that performance to outplay Nigel Crawford and Craig Berrigan round the middle in this game. Looking at the respective forward-lines, Dunboyne do like to get the ball to Ger Robinson a lot whereas Walterstown's threat is more evenly spread out. I suspect an upset is on the cards in this one, Walterstown for the win.
    VERDICT - WALTERSTOWN

13/8 Rathkenny 13/2 Duleek/Bellowstown 8/13
    Well what a difference a year makes for both these sides, Rathkenny were practically in the Intermediate championship at one stgae but appeals and more appeals helped them retain senior status for another year and they've certainly made the most of it. Duleek/Bellowstown weren't far from relegation either and what a reversal of fortunes for them in this year's championship, losing to Donaghmore/Ashbourne in their first outing and then turning over the two ante-post favourites, Summerhill and Navan O'Mahonys. The East Meath men look to have the perfect blend of youth and talent, Gordon Hynes (first cousin of Graham Geraghty) is still knocking about and Tony Cunningham is as ripe as ever in midfield, while the returning Petsy Curran was the decisive player in them reaching the quarter-finals. But its been Mark Collins who has impressed the most, the young attacker is bound for the big time. I suspect another big match from Collins should see Duleek/Bellowstown on their merry way and Keegan Cup glory awaits (10/1 now).
    VERDICT - DULEEK/BELLOWSTOWN

havent seen tyrone minors yet,but from what i hear their playing to a system much like the seniors,i have the in an acc at -4,and im fairly confident they'll win by that much.

Just seen the odds on the leitrim club games are up on pp site. St. Mary's are 6/5 to beat kiltubrid. This is a very good price considering Mary's are one of the top 3/4 clubs in leitrim. Kiltubrid are going well in this years championship but are rock bottom of the league. I'd would have thought Mary's would be around 4/9 to win this so im going to be a small bit on them to win today, just because i think it's great value.

EDIT: Marys have gone to 8/11 now...kind of annoying some counties' fixtures go up so late. Might have put something significant on them at the price if this weeks money hadn't already been tied up in other bets.

In other news, Elphin are gone to 1/3

Mount Sion hammered ! A lotta bets done me thinks!

Clubmad wrote: »

had money on them myself! terrible performance from what i herd, eoin mcgrath sent off aswell, fair play to to passage though, up and coming team but didnt think theyd take mount sion, they wont be winning the title this year!
    hopefully there arent anymore surpirise results!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Bestake

Clubmad wrote: »
    had money on them myself! terrible performance from what i herd, eoin mcgrath sent off aswell, fair play to to passage though, up and coming team but didnt think theyd take mount sion, they wont be winning the title this year!
    hopefully there arent anymore surpirise results!

Surprising alright. I thought Sion were training hard, but Passage ran rings around them.

Sion are a dying club at the moment, not much left in Tony and Ken. Like the Wfd senior hurling team, between 2000 and 2004 they could have beaten any club team in the country. They are a lacking team now.

Underage, they are poor by their traditional standards, haven't produced a winning minor team in 10 years.

If Powers were taking odds on a Mount Sion relegation in the next 5 years, it be worth a long term bet!

I had a few pound on them myself tonight, but delighted to see Passage do well.

Verdict: Aidans by 2pts

Aidans won 1-13 to 0-8. Pitty pp didn't have odds up (prob would have only added them to an accy though). Will definately bet on kilbride to go down in the relegation final.
    (1) Kilmore v Castlerea. Im sure castlerea will be huge favourites for this with the bookies as they cruised through the group stages and are going for the 3-in-a-row. However they play a very unattractive style of football drawing a lot of players behind the ball and always win games by the narrowest of margins. There's a good chance that they might be stumped this week by a spirited kilmore team who work like dogs and have some nice forwards to punish castlerea. That's why i'm staying away from this fixture.

Just as i thought, finished up 1-8 a piece. Kilmore would have won if their best player wasn't sent off with 20mins to go. I bet they wont be 5/1 to win the replay :pac:
    St. Mary's are 6/5 to beat kiltubrid. This is a very good price considering Mary's are one of the top 3/4 clubs in leitrim. Kiltubrid are going well in this years championship but are rock bottom of the league. I'd would have thought Mary's would be around 4/9 to win this so im going to be a small bit on them to win today.

Marys won, unsure of the scoreline, just heard they won on the radio.
    Originally Posted by Clubmad viewpost.gif

Thats a pity, had a good feeling about my accy this week :rolleyes:

In other news...

Longford slashers 2-10 St. Colmcille 0-7 (well that was the score with 5mins to go..., slashers were 2pts down at half-time)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Bestake

Just a quick update on tonight's Waterford Senior Hurling games:

Passage 2-15 Mount Sion 1-11

Fourmilewater 1-11 Ballyduff Upper 2-15

Abbeyside 1-15 Stradbally 0-13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Silence.

I've gone with an Elphin and St. Faithleachas double.

• Advertisement

Silence. wrote: »
    I've gone with an Elphin and St. Faithleachas double.

Hope you got elphin @2/5 :)... The faithleachas game is on very early tomorrow so i should have the result at 2:30/3:00pm.

Im strongly expecting both teams to do the business.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement