Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kansas City Chiefs Thread

• 20-10-2017 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Not seen one about

Any fellow Chiefs fans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

I'm a chiefs fan, theres an old team thread but I was the only one posting in it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

conor222 wrote: »
    I'm a chiefs fan, theres an old team thread but I was the only one posting in it :P

Got into them in October of last year.

My girlfriend is a massive gamer and NFL fan. Bought her Madden 17. I was never an American Football fan, knew nothing of the rules etc.

She asked me to play Madden one evening and for some reason I chose KCC.

Played Madden 17 to death and became completely obsessed - full blown NFL fan now but more importantly I f*cking LOVE the Chiefs :D

Giants in NY this week- should be relatively comfortable win, right?

Should be yeah, we need to shut down the TE Engram, that seems to be the majority of their offence. Reid off a bye week is top of his game so I wouldn't be too worried about this one.
    Also, should be a week where Oakland drop a game to NE leaving us a 3 game buffer atop our division.

TBH, I'm not worried about the game so much as this was the period that they could try to put in some adjustments on defence, look at our scheme stuff for DBs and work on a gameplan to avoid giving up on the run like we did at Dallas.
    I'll be looking very closely for what adjustments Bob Sutton has made, we have a lack of depth and talent at a few locations but the scheming and personal calls in certain spots have been lacking of late, thats what I'll be focused in on.

Should be yeah, we need to shut down the TE Engram, that seems to be the majority of their offence. Reid off a bye week is top of his game so I wouldn't be too worried about this one.
    Also, should be a week where Oakland drop a game to NE leaving us a 3 game buffer atop our division.

TBH, I'm not worried about the game so much as this was the period that they could try to put in some adjustments on defence, look at our scheme stuff for DBs and work on a gameplan to avoid giving up on the run like we did at Dallas.
    I'll be looking very closely for what adjustments Bob Sutton has made, we have a lack of depth and talent at a few locations but the scheming and personal calls in certain spots have been lacking of late, thats what I'll be focused in on.

Still relatively new to this NFL lark so only understood about 35% of that but I am improving :)

Apparently there's a bar on Abbey Street that's the official Dublin home of the KCC supporters club?

• Advertisement

Ha! Never knew that but just found it on an old Publin article for NFL games, apparently its the Adelphi? Bizzare!

Just saying that I think a lot of our issues come from our defensive gameplans, in particular how our defensive backs (guys who cover recievers downfield) have been performing. As we had a week off I would expect now would be when we would see any personel changes or changes to tactics as they would have extra time to practice them.

Ha! Never knew that but just found it on an old Publin article for NFL games, apparently its the Adelphi? Bizzare!

Just saying that I think a lot of our issues come from our defensive gameplans, in particular how our defensive backs (guys who cover recievers downfield) have been performing. As we had a week off I would expect now would be when we would see any personel changes or changes to tactics as they would have extra time to practice them.

I think the article is quite a few years old though so don't know how true it is mate

Yet to see anyone in any KCC merch around Dublin or anywhere that stocks it - ordered a hoodie the other day which I can't wait to wear with pride :D

I wear my jersey when I'm headed to watch the games on the weekend (got 4 jerseys), have a Chiefs hat as well for when it gets cold. Few other bits like a hoody from a few Christmases back.
    There was some knocking around after they played in Wembley a few years back but they're not really a big enough fanbase in Ireland/UK to be stocked.

Saw a lad when I was walking down to work yesterday wearing a chiefs hat, didn't notice til he was a good bit past me otherwise would have said hello :)

What the hell has happened to us? :(

Never turned up last night - they f*cked my acca too - 1/5 shots - absolute disaster of a performance

Disgustingly bad game, we were terrible.
    Not sure if its playcalling, alex is injured or something but the offence is running terribly. Even with some of it being "figured out" there are bad decisions being made by Smith on option plays and just a significant lack of vision and planning to the playcalling. No rhythm to the running game at all, fake plays again (why Andy, why?).

Defense didn't look amazing but they did their job, held them to 9 point, coming off turnovers as well. We didnt get pressure but if you can hold a team to 9 points then you have to expect to win the f****ng game! I'm not a big advocate of it but if we dont get this ship turned immediately (next two game) it'll be Maholmes in there for the tail end of the season. I think we still make the playoffs but I cant see how this team, in its current state, can win a playoff game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,832 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I think the weather played a significant part in the performance. It was incredibly windy in NY on Sunday and I dont think they either tried or were able to switch up their game plan enough to counter it. The wind impeded their ability for the explosive downfield plays so the Giants got the benefit of this without having to use the personnel that would normally be needed to accomplish it. They then could focus these personnel on stopping Hunt.

The Kelce trick play was an unnecessary risk on a nice day but given the conditions it was idiotic.

Smith HAS gone from stud to dud, but with 4 relatively easy regular season games to go and P/O's qualification seemingly a formality at this stage, I think Reid will want to build momentum so I can't see him throwing Mahomes in just yet.

I expect Mahomes to be starting QB next season and Smith to be playing somewhere else

Surely the slump gets arrested this weekend?

Same **** different week

Chiefs 6-6
    Chargers 6-6
    Raiders 6-6
    Browncos pile of sh*te

What has happened? How could such a monumental f*ckup be possible?

Huge game this week, should be an interesting one. I'm imagining this will be a high scoring affair, although we tend to ave the chargers number in recent years (They haven't beaten us since 2013 I believe).
    Defense looked better last week but gave up in the 4th quarter, both tiredness and thinking the game was salted away.
    Offence has been working well last few weeks but this is a tough defense to go against, strong DB play and two great rushers.

Head says Chargers win, Heart says Chiefs pull it out of the bag. I'm predicting 28-34 Chiefs with a defensive stop ending the game for us (we'll be sweating til the end as they drive down looking for the TD)

Huge game this week, should be an interesting one. I'm imagining this will be a high scoring affair, although we tend to ave the chargers number in recent years (They haven't beaten us since 2013 I believe).
    Defense looked better last week but gave up in the 4th quarter, both tiredness and thinking the game was salted away.
    Offence has been working well last few weeks but this is a tough defense to go against, strong DB play and two great rushers.

Head says Chargers win, Heart says Chiefs pull it out of the bag. I'm predicting 28-34 Chiefs with a defensive stop ending the game for us (we'll be sweating til the end as they drive down looking for the TD)

I'm the opposite - I think we'll win at a canter - someone is due a thumping and I think we'll be bang at it - out of sight by half time and give Mahomes some minutes would be a dream scenario :D

I think you're underestimating this Chargers team but I do hope you're correct :)

Can't believe Chargers are favourites for this, especially @ Arrowhead

Kelce and Hill both 6/4 each to score a TD, it's like free money!

That was one hell of a performance, could this be us building a head of steam into the postseason?

That was one hell of a performance, could this be us building a head of steam into the postseason?

Marcus Peters was phenomenal

Hopefully our mid season blip is over and done with.

No one will fancy coming up against Smith-Hill-Kelce-Hunt in that sort of form.

Looking like Jags in P/O's?

• Advertisement

Well lets see,
    We're locked in at #4, not really moving apart from if we lose out so lets presume #4
    I think the titans lose out (rams and jags) 8-8
    I think Chargers Win out (jets and raiders) 9-7
    Bills lose to NE, beat MIA , 9-7
    Ravens win out (Cinncy and Colts) 10-6

So that would mean wildcard weekend would look like:
    Kc vs Ravens
    Jax vs Chargers

I think we can beat the ravens and that Jax would kill chargers
    So
    KC @ NE
    JAX @ PIT

Which is a tough one to look at. Thats my 2c anyways, could all change :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So
    KC @ NE
    JAX @ PIT

I suspect a few Steelers' fans are cheering KC on in the final few games:)

dfx- wrote: »
    I suspect a few Steelers' fans are cheering KC on in the final few games:)

Just as we would be cheering on the jags in that spot :D
    Steelers have just had our number the last few years

Well lets see,
    We're locked in at #4, not really moving apart from if we lose out so lets presume #4
    I think the titans lose out (rams and jags) 8-8
    I think Chargers Win out (jets and raiders) 9-7
    Bills lose to NE, beat MIA , 9-7
    Ravens win out (Cinncy and Colts) 10-6

So that would mean wildcard weekend would look like:
    Kc vs Ravens
    Jax vs Chargers

I think we can beat the ravens and that Jax would kill chargers
    So
    KC @ NE
    JAX @ PIT

So lemme get this right

We beat Dolphins this week, and Ravens beat Colts, it'll be Kansas at home to Baltimore in P/O's?

If the titans somehow win their next two games (not happening) they could jump ahead, similar with Bills (again, not happening)
    If we beat the dolphins we are the #4 seed, game vs Broncos does not impact our position.

Ravens beat colts and Cincinnati, theyll be the #5, if they lose one of those games its a miss mash of:
    Ravens, Chargers, Bills and Titans for the #5 and #6 spots

My best guess is that that Ravens win their two games and are the #5, and im guessing that the chargers get the #6 but they could screw that up if they lose to the jets or the raiders.

And yes, we will be at home for the first game then on the road for all the others (unless the 6th seed team makes it to the AFC championship game)

If the titans somehow win their next two games (not happening) they could jump ahead, similar with Bills (again, not happening)
    If we beat the dolphins we are the #4 seed, game vs Broncos does not impact our position.

Ravens beat colts and Cincinnati, theyll be the #5, if they lose one of those games its a miss mash of:
    Ravens, Chargers, Bills and Titans for the #5 and #6 spots

My best guess is that that Ravens win their two games and are the #5, and im guessing that the chargers get the #6 but they could screw that up if they lose to the jets or the raiders.

And yes, we will be at home for the first game then on the road for all the others (unless the 6th seed team makes it to the AFC championship game)

PHEW

Cheers for clearing that up mate :)

Lets go titans, you're going down!

Im worried that im confident about this game :eek:

Lets go titans, you're going down!

Im worried that im confident about this game :eek:

This will be a cakewalk :)

They're badly missing DeMarco Murray and will be too reliant on Derrick Henry

Mariotta is a busted flush too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

This will be a cakewalk :)

They're badly missing DeMarco Murray and will be too reliant on Derrick Henry

Mariotta is a busted flush too

I dont think so, The Titans win by bringing teams down to their level and playing attritional football. The Titans defense gives up the least amount of 20+ yard plays in the league, while the Chiefs are the best at making those plays.

Titans need to stop Hill and Hunt, Kelce will Kelce, but the Titans will win this game by forcing the Chiefs to move the ball down the field through the downs. If the chiefs can break off big plays the Titans offense won't be able to match.

Murray has been poor all year so not missing him that much tbh
    Mariota used his legs in the last game, expect more of the same, that should help the the Titans move the chains and if Henry gets up a head of steam, he is hard to bring down. If the Chiefs get to him in the backfield the will really hamper the Titans.

Honestly i think the Cheifs win, but i think its close enough 7-10 points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Titans win imo. We saw what happened last year ;)

Advertisement