Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre Fitting

• 15-10-2016 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,385 ✭✭✭✭

Picking up front and rear a off openeo as there is a solid deal on them right now. Anyone know where fits tyres Dublin south? Rough price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

http://tinyurl.com/hwy8clw

€ can't remember...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,385 ✭✭✭✭listermint

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    http://tinyurl.com/hwy8clw

€ can't remember...

Does motorcycle tyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Home - Topics - Motoring & Transport - Motorbikes - Tyre Fitting...

What do you think? :rolleyes:

Been a few years since he fitted them for me to my MOTORBIKE so he used to anyway.

But don't take my word for it - give him a call and find out for yourself! 01 4508015.

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Home - Topics - Motoring & Transport - Motorbikes - Tyre Fitting...

What do you think? :rolleyes:

Been a few years since he fitted them for me to my MOTORBIKE so he used to anyway.

But don't take my word for it - give him a call and find out for yourself! 01 4508015.

Well the forum is open no need to be smart.

I've been using him for about 2 decades and never seen a bike or bike wheel in the place.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭bladespin

Cotters, about €10 each.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

bladespin wrote: »
    Cotters, about €10 each.

Last time I brought in a tyre bought off the net to Cotters I got an awful attitude and €20 was reluctantly agreed upon to fit.

Got a set of scrubs put on there recently, no prob at all, always found them dead sound, in fairly regularly (work close by) so maybe that was the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    Last time I brought in a tyre bought off the net to Cotters I got an awful attitude and €20 was reluctantly agreed upon to fit.

Can't really blame them, Did you even ask them to price match the tyres that you found cheaper?

Can't really blame them, Did you even ask them to price match the tyres that you found cheaper?

Business is business tbh. is 20 Quid fitting not profit for them or is that them fitting for free ??

listermint wrote: »
    Business is business tbh. is 20 Quid fitting not profit for them or is that them fitting for free ??

TBH, I'd say €20 just about covers cost. Free fitting on tyres they sell would probably be better business as the margin on the tyres would be better.

• Advertisement

TBH, I'd say €20 just about covers cost. Free fitting on tyres they sell would probably be better business as the margin on the tyres would be better.

20 Quid handing 2 wheels over that are machine removed in 5-10 minutes covers cost ?

20 Quid handing 2 wheels over that are machine removed in 5-10 minutes covers cost ?

No, just about, the whole transaction would cover more than 10mins, I'd say closer to 30 by the time you taker in the interaction with the customer before and after the sale and the fitting itself, not to mention the equipment cost, overheads etc, you're trimming it mighty fine. Personally I'm charging €125 per hour or part thereof.

And I highly doubt you are taking the old tyres away so they will have to pay to dispose of them.

No, just about, the whole transaction would cover more than 10mins, I'd say closer to 30 by the time you taker in the interaction with the customer before and after the sale and the fitting itself, not to mention the equipment cost, overheads etc, you're trimming it mighty fine. Personally I'm charging €125 per hour or part thereof.
    And I highly doubt you are taking the old tyres away so they will have to pay to dispose of them.

Weird that, because 20 Quid is the normal price even for cars.

So i guess the industry disagrees...

I recently paid 50 for 4 jeep tyres, that was just to swap them over not dispose of the old ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

The lads in Cotters recently told me 60 euro to fit and balance tyres that are not bought from them.
    They are getting a bit fed up with lads turning up with their own tyres and expecting them to fit them there and then.

20160716_120426_zpssd95jm3w.jpg

Weird that, because 20 Quid is the normal price even for cars.

So i guess the industry disagrees...

Really, there are only a few bike shops that I know of that will fit other supplier tyres, often it's more for goodwill than anything else, they just might buy a set of gloves while they're in.

Very few 'car' tyre dealers will fit other's tyres now, €20 might be normal price but their market is much wider so different rules apply.

It would be like going into mcdonald's and getting your dinner to go, taking it to another restaurant and asking them how much to serve it to you to as you got it cheaper somewhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

I don't blame them. And I can't remember exactly why but no I didn't ask them for price on the tyre. It's up to them whether or not they want to fit the tyre but I am just giving my experience for the OP as Cotters was recommended above my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

It would be like going into mcdonald's and getting your dinner to go, taking it to another restaurant and asking them how much to serve it to you to as you got it cheaper somewhere else

battered cod n chips please :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭sleepysniper

City Spares - €10 per tyre balanced. And they won't cry if you bought it online.

Got this done in RedCow Tyres, Had used them before for my car. Very nice guy and would recommend. In and Out not hastle

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Got mine done by Advance Pitstop before. Had to remove the wheels and drop them down, but no issues and €10 per tire. Just make sure they're fitting the tire in the right direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Car place done 2 for me a while back.
    I'd know him well enough.
    Tenner for both tyres but had to balance them myself.
    He did throw me a long strip of weights though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭horse7

Anyone had some fitted recently?place and cost please

It's 30€ fit only in mutts nuts.

city spares says no

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Wheeker

The lads in Cotters recently told me 60 euro to fit and balance tyres that are not bought from them.
    They are getting a bit fed up with lads turning up with their own tyres and expecting them to fit them there and then.

I went to Cotters with one 12" Scooter wheel & asked them to fit a new tyre, which I supplied. I must admit I was surprised they charged me €25 to do it, especially since the wheel was already off the bike. I don't think they balanced it either- no weights on it anyhow. I suppose they're trying to push you towards buying & fitting the tyre with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

Bray Honda Centre: €60 with balancing, old tyre disposal, the use of their address to have them shipped to from the online supplier, and, above all, a reliable service with a smile. I used Oponeo for M7s, and despite mixed reviews about Oponeo, it was all on time and with reasonably fresh tyres (6 and 9 month old since the manufacturing date).

• Advertisement

Is that for front and back tyre?

Advertisement