Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair removal creams and pubic shaving...

• 07-02-2009 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Pardon this slightly vapid question...

For all the girly-men in here, like myself, I'm wondering if anyone has tried to use veet hair removal creams on your pubic region instead of trying to shave there? A girl mentioned it to me, wondering why I'd use a razor in such a place and it started me thinking about alternatives...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭dblennon

shaving is grand veets not strong enough for man hair get a trimmer for non satchel regions

you'll never go back

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

does anyone else suffer BADLY from ingrown hairs/tiny red blisters everytime i shave/wax that area. its a disaster.... they take weekd to go away and their horrible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Yeah I did... I stopped shaving and had it waxed every month for 3 months, by pulling the hair from the roots it helped control the problem, for the frist few waxes I had a few more ingrown hairs but now theyve stopped.

Exfolitate every time before and after a shave, its only skin that causes them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,233 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'd be cautious of using harsh chemicals on sensative bits of skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 lallybaby

does anyone else suffer BADLY from ingrown hairs/tiny red blisters everytime i shave/wax that area. its a disaster.... they take weekd to go away and their horrible?
    I was getting my bikini region waxed for about 6 months and found that although i was still getting a few ingrown hairs they were far less than when i shaved,so ive returned to waxing. i religiously exfoliate the area and use savlon cream as per my beautitian but nothing seems to help!Ive heard about creams you can get to prevent ingrown hairs but they don't seem to exist in Ireland as ive tried everywhere:mad:
    has anyone found these creams and are they helpful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Alice1

I bought mine in Boots (in Ireland) It's called "smooth naturally" and is described as "ingrown hair minimiser" Tis quite a "gloopy" gel, smells okay and is quite effective in my opinion.

The one I have is marked "body" and is suitable for use on legs, underarms, bikini line and male beards.

Have a look in Boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

lallybaby wrote: »
    I was getting my bikini region waxed for about 6 months and found that although i was still getting a few ingrown hairs they were far less than when i shaved,so ive returned to waxing. i religiously exfoliate the area and use savlon cream as per my beautitian but nothing seems to help!Ive heard about creams you can get to prevent ingrown hairs but they don't seem to exist in Ireland as ive tried everywhere:mad:
    has anyone found these creams and are they helpful?

Savlon is an antiseptic, it doesn't do anything about ingrown hairs. It'll keep you germ and infection free if used, but it isn't going to stop or minimise ingrown hairs.

Nad's Ingrow Solution for Women (there's a mens one too) is good.

http://www.beautyexpert.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=NAHR3&src=tracktor

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

im the one with the ingrown hairs...
    well ive ordered cream on the internet www.skindoctors.ie and its called 'ingrow go' ill let u know if its any good. why can some people just shave and have no problems with ingrown hairs ... so annoying..

Advertisement