Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend a solicitor in Dublin for buying a property

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Niran2055

Can you give general location so we can then PM details if nearby. Ie no point giving details of one in Dublin if in Donegal.

I'm using an excellent one at moment in Dublin. Will PM details if you're in Dublin.

Hi,

Please could you pm your recommendation for me as well. I would need a Dublin based cheap solicitor for my purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Hi,

Can someone PM me a solicitor recommendation in Dublin please?

Cheers,
    Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rio101

Hi,

Would you mind PM ing me the solicitors details are please?

Kind Regards,

Ellie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Hi

Going to jump on bandwagon if that's okay and also kindly ask for any recommendations for solicitor in Dublin city by pm please.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I'd also like a recommendation please. Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Same here please. Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Paddy1234

Hi All,

I'm also looking for a solicitor recommendation in Dublin, if anyone could PM me i would be much appreciated. Looking for someone who can get it turned around quickly.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dynasoar

As many before me, I'm looking for a solicitor as well, I'd be grateful if someone could PM me their recommendation please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wootten09

Would really appreciate it if anyone could also PM me details of one in the Dublin area.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Wootten09 wrote: »
    Would really appreciate it if anyone could also PM me details of one in the Dublin area.

Thank you.

Ditto please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Appreciate it if anyone can recommend (PM) a good solicitor for purchasing a property in Dublin City.
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭ Shane Full Dancer

I'm also looking for solicitor recommendations for buying in Leixlip/Celbridge/Lucan area. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Would also appreciate if someone could recommend a solicitor please? Looking for south dublin.

P.S: I know its against the rules, but would it not be possible to have a list of solicitors instead of endless PM requests - just a list with location?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Also interested for some recommendations in Dublin, thanks.

I echo the above, a list would be handy rather than asking for a pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Looking for a recommendation for a good solicitor in Dublin, south Dublin preferably for selling our house , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

Looking for a good solicitor for a house purchase in Dublin 15 please. Currently with a solicitor based in Blanchardstown Village but level of service has been beyond terrible, so looking to change asap. Would appreciate recommendations for solicitors who communicate well and have good attention to detail.

Luluk wrote: »
    Looking for a good solicitor for a house purchase in Dublin 15 please. Currently with a solicitor based in Blanchardstown Village but level of service has been beyond terrible, so looking to change asap. Would appreciate recommendations for solicitors who communicate well and have good attention to detail.

My experience of all solicitors so far is poor communication and no attention to detail. It seems to be the exception to get a good one. Went off a recommendation here before for one in Tallaght village and she was beyond bad. Undercharged us by €700 (I figured it out and said nothing, waited for her to find the error). 6 months later got a Letter demanding the money or my property wouldn’t be registered with the land registry.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Luluk

Summer2020 wrote: »
    My experience of all solicitors so far is poor communication and no attention to detail. It seems to be the exception to get a good one. Went off a recommendation here before for one in Tallaght village and she was beyond bad. Undercharged us by €700 (I figured it out and said nothing, waited for her to find the error). 6 months later got a Letter demanding the money or my property wouldn’t be registered with the land registry.

Thanks, this is my first house purchase and I'm astonished at the incompetence and lack of communication I've seen so far. They never reply to my emails, don't know who I am when I call, and took two weeks to send me out documentation only to get my name wrong on every page along with getting the figures wrong by 100000 euro... It seems I could waste more time changing solicitor and end up in the same mess. Hard to know what's best really. At least I'm not the only one suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

I have mentioned this before. For house purchase you only need to visit your solicitor once to sign everything. You could think of getting recommendations of solicitors outside of Dublin. Could be cheaper, less busy and maybe better to deal with?

Dolbhad wrote: »
    I have mentioned this before. For house purchase you only need to visit your solicitor once to sign everything. You could think of getting recommendations of solicitors outside of Dublin. Could be cheaper, less busy and maybe better to deal with?

House sale similar?
    Also maybe a stupid question - do people use the same solicitor if selling a house and purchasing another ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

Hi folks,

Looking for a recommendation for a solicitor with good conveyancing experience in south Dublin or city centre?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭borus22222

I can recommend our solicitor. PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Summer2020 wrote: »
    House sale similar?
    Also maybe a stupid question - do people use the same solicitor if selling a house and purchasing another ?

I would expect one visit to be enough to sign contracts and closing documents. Most other things should be able to be done over email.

I would use same solicitor for sale and purchase. I can imagine it would too messy otherwise having to update each solicitor. Esp if trying to balance a sale and purchase. Your loan offer may say the purchase is conditional on the sale of house for certain price or unconditional contracts etc. You don’t want to have to play go between two solicitors. I’d also try ask for a discount if they were going both.

Also if you found a house to buy, and found the auctioneer good, I would use them to sell your house. They would keep everyone informed and more likely to ensure the deal goes through (as they get two fees out of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Interested in a solicitor in south Dublin, knocklyon area. Mortgage switch

• Registered Users Posts: 43 festesio

HI Folks, also in the mix looking for a Solicitor and hearing some of the horror stories, would love to have a boardsie recommendation .

I'm currently based in D15 and viewing in all parts of Dublin as well as commuter town in Meath kildare and Wicklow

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement