Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tralee Skatepark what's the story?

Options
  • 11-04-2011 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got news on this?Got the most funding when funding was made available back in 2005/6 and it's still not up and running yet as far as I am aware.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Junket for a councillor maybe? ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

good man for bringing this one up. last time i spoke to anyone down there its was definitely 2 years ago. the ox was heading up the campaign down there till he had to move to berlin for work. afaik, the tralee sports centre was to finalise plans for a outdoor, remember them saying about an indoor, but they hadnt a hope back then.

reckon im gonna have to bash the telehone again tomorrow and ask some questions. reckon they've lost the money at this stage as it wasnt spent. they got an time extension but again, that was only for a certain time

this is on our map :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Tralee Skatepark
    Last Updated by Sam on Sep 18, 2007
    Tralee Skatepark
    Tralee Sports and Leisure Centre
    Oakpark road
    Tralee
    066 7126442

(its around here somewhere)

Project hasnt started yet, but is being handled by the Tralee LSP. Out at tender at the moment. They did recieve 150,000euro in 2005 so it shud be good! We can only hope for concrete...

http://www.kerrylsp.ie

Sports Co Ordinator,
    Cora Carrigg,
    Kerry Local Sports Partnership,
    UNIT 6,Tom Crean Centre
    ITT North Campus,
    Tralee,
    Co.Kerry.
    Tel 066 7184776/087 2043631
    Email: info@kerrylsp.ie
    Email cora.carrigg@kerrycoco.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Nice one for the info mr Wreckless,six year's on and still not built?It's probably cheaper to build now as labour cost's have gone down a bit.Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Patato

Has anybody got any updates on the situation ? A lot of time has passed and I'm starting to have my doubts

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IzzieRulez

Anyone knw anything about the tralee skate group???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 IzzieRulez

Besides the whole skate park project was cancelled because those in charge of it couldnt decide where to place the park and so the money given, was returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bd13

Tralee skatepark is inevitable in the next year. The town council are keen to finally build one.

I have had 2 meetings with a town Councillor in the last month inspecting various sites around town. We had initially decided on the Wetlands Center and I had done a few drawings for them. It would have been a 1000sqm site. Concrete with a bowl and the rest will be street plaza - banks, rails and ledges.

But now we have to move it to a different site in the Tralee Sports Complex. Here is the site

Type in you browser: google"put a dot here"ie/maps/@52.2717408,-9.6924108,50m/data=!3m1!1e3

The site for the park is "L" shaped from the edge of the carpark to inline with the end of the astro turf pitch. So it's one rectangle that's about 600sqm and a smaller side piece that is about 200sqm.

It's still concrete and will still have a bowl hopefully with a spine in it. The rest is street.

So I'm confident that the park will be built sooner rather than later and I'm in contact with one of the Councillors who has been visiting the parks in Cork and limerick and has a good idea of what needs to be done.

Main question to any one interested is what would a good design be for an "L" shaped park. I was thinking maybe at the corner the L have it be a raised platform with banks pointing into each side. There could be a stair set of it too and some ledges. And then some flat rails and ledges with the bowl at the large side with more street and smaller banks on the small side of the park.

Any ideas tell me here and I'll pass them on and if anyone with better knowledge of the town has a better idea for a site tell me that too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Please don't resurrect zombie threads. Locking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement