Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My Heritage Smart Matches

• 31-01-2020 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

I have uploaded my family tree to Myheritage and no smart matches appear.
    I know that many matches should exist as on a separate account many smart matches appear for a particular branch of the same tree.

Is there a reason why there are 0 smart matches showing?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Do you have to have a subscription for it?

I find they're really inaccurate for Ireland...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

It says smart matches should be available without a subscription.

I agree a lot of it is inaccurate but there were a number of matched trees I could confirm that had some helpful information. Not all this information is available by just searching for that tree however. More information shows up if I also have the same people on my tree.

Maybe it takes time to populate.
    My Heritage have good people on the phone - I called once to sort an issue out with changing email addresses.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Maybe it takes time to populate.
    My Heritage have good people on the phone - I called once to sort an issue out with changing email addresses.

I thought the same but I have uploaded the tree with a few weeks now.
    That sounds good, I will give them a call!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

FWIW I did a MyHeritage test on my mother a few months ago. No Smart matches there either and I'm quite disappointed with the results. Far too many of the relationships are very vague (I have a comprehensive tree for her line). There are several thousand in the 3rd cousin - distant cousin sector and in the 30-37cM range, so I really have to question their algorithms. It was a 'buy one get one reduced' offer but I'm less than impressed, particularly as I'm bombarded with 'buy more' adverts every time I log on and have even had a phonecall from someone trying to sell me a subscription (he knew little about Geno or dna!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Barney224

I'm using free version of MyHeritage for my tree. Does anyone know if there's a way to invite family members but not allow them full access to edit? I was going to add my aunt, but am afraid she'll start changing things without my approval. I don't see any levels of permissions for the other users on my tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Barney224

pinkypinky wrote: »

Ahhhh great! Thanks pinkypinky

Advertisement